• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mheel View Post
    have you looked at the config file?
    if it says ch or all?

//Magnus
    20140512 firmware

CN as a default ,

LED blinks Sorted ,I prefer OMAN version XBMC, tried it works ok...

I found wifi signal a bit Weaker than before (@ handroid that might be the reason of slower wifi)

So far so good

Thanks to Acemax

P.s wifi is very very important pls balance ethernet and wifi next time

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
      20140512 firmware

CN as a default ,

LED blinks Sorted ,I prefer OMAN version XBMC, tried it works ok...

I found wifi signal a bit Weaker than before (@ handroid that might be the reason of slower wifi)

So far so good

Thanks to Acemax

P.s wifi is very very important pls balance ethernet and wifi next time

blinking light finally has been fixed? thank god that was so damn annoying lol bob please make the ethernet tweak to this rom

Comment

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
        blinking light finally has been fixed? thank god that was so damn annoying lol bob please make the ethernet tweak to this rom
        and wifi if possible

there are 2 extra files compare to 20140506

in system -etc -wifi

p2p_supplicant_overlay.conf
        This one says;
        disable_scan_offload=1

wpa_supplicant_overlay.conf
        This one contains;
        disable_scan_offload=1 ( This should Stop Searching Wifi networks in Standby (correct me if Im wrong)

p2p_disabled=1 (not sure about this one... is p2p means ethernet?)

I guess these 2 .conf files sorted Stand by Led Blink
        Last edited by TMx; 05-16-2014, 00:04.

Comment

and wifi if possible

in system -etc -wifi

This one says;
          disable_scan_offload=1

This one contains;
          disable_scan_offload=1 ( This should Stop Searching Wifi networks in Standby (correct me if Im wrong)

what about the random mbox settings error popup has that be fixed?

Comment

haven't seen any yet

JustMe
            Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

since we got 20140506 no more ...apk stopped popup.
              and that 20140506 is the best firmware so far .

Comment

and wifi if possible

in system -etc -wifi

This one says;
                disable_scan_offload=1

This one contains;

Copied 2 extra .conf files to older 20140506 firmware Praying now
                Last edited by TMx; 05-16-2014, 00:55.

Comment

Copied 2 extra .conf files to older 20140506 firmware No more Blinks but LED is Always On
                  I'll change the values from 1 to 0

loaded the firmware up.. can confirm no more stupid blinking light. No mbox settings popup so far just need the ethernet/ wifi signal boosted and paid app installs working and that is it. I only get around 28mb/s with this firmware which seems the same as the EM8 and Acemax before this one. Bobs I was getting 60-90 mb/s with speedtest.net app.

Comment

loaded the firmware up.. can confirm no more stupid blinking light. No mbox settings popup so far just need the ethernet/ wifi signal boosted and paid app installs working and that is it. I only get around 28mb/s with this firmware which seems the same as the EM8 and Acemax before this one. Bobs I was getting 60-90 mb/s with speedtest.net app.
                    20140506 Blinking with those 2 extra .conf files from new firmware...

With the new firmware Wifi Signal Level is very Low ,M8 has only 3 Bars Next to Wifi Router!

Comment

20140506 Blinking with those 2 extra .conf files from new firmware...

With the new firmware Wifi Signal Level is very Low ,M8 has only 3 Bars Next to Wifi Router!
                      first Acemax fw gives me 4 bars 65 mbps link speed according to the settings .. their new fw gives me 5 bars 52mbps link speed so its 20% slower. My router is 1 floor down. My neighbors a a house away is showing up as 3/4 bars so I'm not sure why you only get 3 when its next to it.
                      Last edited by rlaursen; 05-16-2014, 02:26.

Comment

first Acemax fw gives me 5 bars 65 mbps link speed according to the settings .. their new fw gives me 5 bars 52mbps link speed so its 20% slower. My router is 1 floor down. My neighbors ap a house away is showing up as 4 bars so I'm not sure why you only get 3 when its next to it.
                        I install the latest firmware to the one of the spare M8 boxes and Its a lot better actually full signal
                        don't know what to say now

Comment

I install the latest firmware to the one of the spare M8 boxes and Its a lot better actually full signal
                          don't know what to say now
                          i just noticed that if you turn the wifi on and off i get the same 65mbps speed as my other firmwares but it randomly dropped to 52 and back up to 58 after checking it a few times. It always gets the same speed as other fw if I turn the wifi on and off. Test that and see if you get the same results.

edit: just checked it again and it dropped to 13mbps lol turned wifi off and on.. back to 65 but there is def something wrong here.. it isnt a stable connection

edit: ran the 5ghz patch from bob and tested again. According to mbox settings(with color buttons on top) 5ghz band is showing 2/4 bars but in the android looking setttings page it says 3/4. I run same test on 5ghz and i get 18mbps consistently whereas 2.4 band gives me 8-10 with 4/4 bars . The 5g patch may have resolved this wifi issue im not positive though. I doubt it has any affect on the 2.4 band unless im mistaken
                          Last edited by rlaursen; 05-16-2014, 02:27.

Comment

Hey guys, I unzipped the stock firmware from may 12th, to edit the config file for the 5ghz wifi fix. But when I re zip the firmware. I get a footer error when I try to flash it, how do I fix this.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pigbait View Post
                              Hey guys, I unzipped the stock firmware from may 12th, to edit the config file for the 5ghz wifi fix. But when I re zip the firmware. I get a footer error when I try to flash it, how do I fix this.

use the tronsmart/belink patcher from finless

JustMe
                              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Thanks, I also want to debloat a few apk

Comment

Working...
                                X