Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

controller support

Awesome rom, working really well.

Would it be possible to add gamepad support in your next release? Ive ben trying to get my ps3 controller (wired) working with this box but have been unsuccessful.

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
      testing it now and can confirm google paid app installs and 5GHz wifi works but the blinking led problem is back. I see the firmware was compiled may 6th. Could you make these same tweaks to the newer may 12th Acemax firmware that fixes the blinking led issue?

we also need the tcp buffer size increased alot so we can get full ethernet speeds. thanks!
      Of course solved.
      I put it together in the new firmware today or tomorrow.

Comment

Waiting Eagerly

Originally posted by Lifeforce View Post
        Of course solved.
        Looking forward to your next release, with those fixes.

Thanks!

Comment

New firmware 2.

And then once more

I did a firmware, because i really need the paid apps. (Full firmware)

http://www.220volt.hu/temp/upload/pl..._Lifeforce.zip

- deodexed
          - fixed a bug that not download paid apps (unfortunately, only a trick but it works)
          - Google apps update
          - root (su running as a daemon)
          - Added init.d support
          - LED problem fixed (Based on this Acemax)
          - Fixed Wifi problems with 5G
          - TCP buffer size increased
          - Very unnecessary files removed (Chinese game)

I did not want to implement major changes (next time), people love to factory state.
          Sorry my bad english
          Last edited by Lifeforce; 05-18-2014, 12:04.

Comment

Of course solved.
            looking forward to it! don't forget to increase the ethernet tcp memory buffer because that makes a huge difference in speed..values that seem to work well for the buffer are:

(min / default / max)
            read buffers: 4096 1048576 2097152
            write buffers: 4096 524288 2097152

if you can fix that problem then I think all of the major issues with this device will be sorted out

lol damn that was fast..posted this after I seen your post.. will test out asap

Comment

link not working

http://www.220volt.hu/temp/upload/pl..._Lifeforce.rar

JustMe
              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

I corrected the link, sorry

Comment

@Lifeforce
                  Can I ask how did you solved paid app problem
                  Thanks for your hardwork

Comment

And then once more

I did a firmware, because i really need the paid apps. (Full firmware)

http://www.220volt.hu/temp/upload/pl..._Lifeforce.zip

- deodexed
                    - fixed a bug that not download paid apps (unfortunately, only a trick but it works)
                    - Google apps update
                    - root (su running as a daemon)
                    - Added init.d support
                    - LED problem fixed (Based on this Acemax)
                    - Fixed Wifi problems with 5G
                    - TCP buffer size increased
                    - Very unnecessary files removed (Chinese game)

I did not want to implement major changes (next time), people love to factory state.
                    Sorry my bad english
                    you are the man! that change to the tcp buffer increased my ethernet speed from 27mb/s to 95mb/s lol. No blinking led. Paid app installs work. 5G wifi works without patch. Rooted. I cant think of any other big issues with this box right now.

Now we just need to wait for a modified xbmc Gotham 13.1 to work with the amlogic decoder on our boxes since we are currently stuck with RC1.

Comment

you are the man! that change to the tcp buffer increased my ethernet speed from 27mb/s to 95mb/s lol. No blinking led. Paid app installs work. 5G wifi works without patch. Rooted. I cant think of any other big issues with this box right now.

Now we just need to wait for a modified xbmc Gotham 13.1 to work with the amlogic decoder on our boxes since we are currently stuck with RC1.

what download linke di you use post #41?

my Ethernet dropped and my wifi boosted slightly?

JustMe
                      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                        @Lifeforce
                        Can I ask how did you solved paid app problem
                        Thanks for your hardwork
                        Yes, It has got partiton or mount problem. I checked several times, but I didn't find the problem. (I didn't have much time for that)
                        Therefore I solved this problem I switch off the asec security. (Please don't live with it back)

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                          what download linke di you use post #41?

my Ethernet dropped and my wifi boosted slightly?

JustMe
                          in your browser type in speedof.me and you can also try the speedtest.net app and make sure you are using the closest server location. The change he made to the buffer shouldn't have any affect on wifi performance unless you are able to get over 30mb/s on it.

Basically the stock android buffer is very small and the internet speed from your router to your M8 was being capped at around 30mb/s. You should see a huge difference with a network cable plugged in because that takes advantage of the buffer increase because it can fill it.

just got 104.01 mbps on speedof.me lol that is insane for an android box

Comment

in your browser type in speedof.me and you can also try the speedtest.net app and make sure you are using the closest server location. The change he made to the buffer shouldn't have any affect on wifi performance unless you are able to get over 30mb/s on it.

Basically the stock android buffer is very small and the internet speed from your router to your M8 was being capped at around 30mb/s. You should see a huge difference with a network cable plugged in because that takes advantage of the buffer increase because it can fill it.

just got 104.01 mbps on speedof.me lol that is insane for an android box
                            2012-05-12 Loaded

done the speed test

wifi; 30.90
                            Ethernet; 82.16

will try LifeForce's firmware and report the results

Can anyone able to push minimum CPU freq. anything over 96hz please??

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                              2012-05-12 Loaded

done the speed test

wifi; 30.90
                              Ethernet; 82.16

will try LifeForce's firmware and report the results

Can anyone able to push minimum CPU freq. anything over 96hz please??
                              you can do that with this..only messed with it when the old firmwares had the cpu clocked at 1.6. I'm not sure what affect it will have by raising the min though

Comment

you can do that with this..only messed with it when the old firmwares had the cpu clocked at 1.6. I'm not sure what affect it will have by raising the min though

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.noFrillsCPU
                                sadly none of them is working

higher min. freq. will make the box snappier, I guess thats the reason Launcher is Laggy 96 is ultra low... Whats the point of making it so Low? Saving the battery in mobile devices... 500-600mhz min. is ideal

LifeForce Test

Wifi 30.48
                                Ethernet 88.90

Comment

Working...
                                X