No announcement yet.

Lifeforce ROM - Firmware for the M8 Tomato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, works great, playing with the fastest settings. Can already tell the difference

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Comment

+1 force,

Tested 3 so far

stock, 696, 816

Stock = 24102
      696 = 23486
      816 = 22240

Little confused now by this

JustMe
      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Your are not going to see an Antutu change with this patch. All this does is change the governor and the lowest speed the SPU runs. Antutu will push the CPU to max speed when it runs.

Also the scores you show are close enough! Every time you run Antutu expect a difference in the 1000 area. So your scores difference are not because of this patcher.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

from my understanding this will keep the CPU at a faster processor speed correct? It stops it from going down to 96mhz

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Your are not going to see an Antutu change with this patch. All this does is change the governor and the lowest speed the SPU runs. Antutu will push the CPU to max speed when it runs.

Also the scores you show are close enough! Every time you run Antutu expect a difference in the 1000 area. So your scores difference are not because of this patcher.

Bob

Thanks Bob

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

for those who have tested this.. do you feel a big difference in speed? if so, which patch are you running? If its worth it im sure we can get lifeforce to make an updated rom that includes this patch.

Comment

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
                for those who have tested this.. do you feel a big difference in speed? if so, which patch are you running? If its worth it im sure we can get lifeforce to make an updated rom that includes this patch.
                try the middle one i guess I haven't done enough testing.

you have 3 to choose from

I think 696 and 816 work ok without to much heat have not tried highest one , probably work well in cooler climates.

JustMe

JustMe

Comment

Does anyone else still have sound problems?
                  I am using Lifeforce latest firmware.
                  The problem is that every 10 min or so i get that the sound comes and goes for maybe 5 sec.

//Magnus

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                    try the middle one i guess I haven't done enough testing.

you have 3 to choose from

I think 696 and 816 work ok without to much heat have not tried highest one , probably work well in cooler climates.

JustMe
                    im still trying to understand what the benefit of this is.. i mean yeah it raises the minimum clock but the cpu raises the clock speed on its own based on load. Say you run an app that pushes the cpu to the max 1992mhz.. the time it takes to go from 92mhz to 1992mhz and 816mhz to 1992mhz is probably fractions of a second isn't it? But thats not even realistic because 92mhz would be if it was completely idle.. im sure the clock speed goes up over 500mhz or whatever once you start navigating through the menus. To me its not worth the risk of wearing out and shortening the lifespan of your box by running it hotter 24/7. Even Antutu isn't showing better performance numbers according to some posts I read on here.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                      +1 force,

Tested 3 so far

stock, 696, 816

Stock = 24102
                      696 = 23486
                      816 = 22240

Little confused now by this

JustMe
                      Does anyone know why such a big difference in antutu between s89 box and m8? Can i flash my box with beelink m8 firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by eugene2878 View Post
                        Can i flash my box with beelink m8 firmware?
                        NO
                        Square one FW dos not match round one FW!
                        If you do so, it will brick your device...
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
                          im still trying to understand what the benefit of this is.. i mean yeah it raises the minimum clock but the cpu raises the clock speed on its own based on load. Say you run an app that pushes the cpu to the max 1992mhz.. the time it takes to go from 92mhz to 1992mhz and 816mhz to 1992mhz is probably fractions of a second isn't it? But thats not even realistic because 92mhz would be if it was completely idle.. im sure the clock speed goes up over 500mhz or whatever once you start navigating through the menus. To me its not worth the risk of wearing out and shortening the lifespan of your box by running it hotter 24/7. Even Antutu isn't showing better performance numbers according to some posts I read on here.
                          Main Benefit is removing The Lag in between 92 to 500-600mhz Cpu speeds...

Check 1300min, you will see how smooth the Launcher works all the time...

This is the minimum CPU speed we are talking about not the Max... its not Overclocking the CPU hence there is no benefit for Antutu scores...

Antutu Scores Goes due to increased Heath after every run... Checked my Lg G2 ,cpu not going under 500mhz!

Comment

Plus and Minus

First off, warm thanks to Bob for going the extra (3!) miles for us.

I tried the middle speed patch on Lifeforce and saw an improvement in menu lag -- but my Ethernet speed dropped by 50 per cent...

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                              First off, warm thanks to Bob for going the extra (3!) miles for us.

I tried the middle speed patch on Lifeforce and saw an improvement in menu lag -- but my Ethernet speed dropped by 50 per cent...
                              I might be wrong there shouldn't be that much speed drop but I guess min cpu patch reset the life-force boot.img that might be the reason ...

I have tried edit the boot.img with deetoolsgui but had a boot loop

Comment

Lifeforce edited the tcp buffer in init.rc
                                So yes using this patch on his ROM will reset the tcp buffers back to stock.

Tell you what. If Lifeforce doesn't patch his ROM after a few days, I will do it.

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X