Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW- Arnova 10G2 "GingerComb" 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Originally posted by Dodger77 View Post
    Cheers for the reply Damo, I'm nowhere near that technically minded. Flashing ROM'S is about as far as I can go. Was just wondering if it was something in this ROM that had knocked it out..
    You better asking Bob about that I am not sure

Sent using Tapatalk 2 from Sony Xperia Mini Pro - Ics 4.0.4
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

Nothing I did should have made it matter. Lots of people could not get that working and not just this ROM but olders ROMs too. I am guessing you had an older version of iPlayer maybe and now the new version doesnt work? Seems a common complaint with BBC Iplayer even on new tablets with ICS. Best answer I can give.

FYI that latest Youtube APP also have a lot of problems! I am now supplying on old version for ICS users.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hello Bob,

Thanks for this great rom, but can we expect something new for the 10g2 ? (ics??)

Comment

hello
          very nice rom and very fast.
          have you as a project ICS rom?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Nothing I did should have made it matter. Lots of people could not get that working and not just this ROM but olders ROMs too. I am guessing you had an older version of iPlayer maybe and now the new version doesnt work? Seems a common complaint with BBC Iplayer even on new tablets with ICS. Best answer I can give.

FYI that latest Youtube APP also have a lot of problems! I am now supplying on old version for ICS users.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I've done some messing about and got Iplayer to work using your old 1.4 market rom and Flash player 10.3. All is working perfectly although on the old rom..

Rog.

Comment

Rom 2.2 Pro Problem

Hello bob.
              Before I congratulate you for your work, really good.
              I've installed so far all of your Rom on my Lazer 10.1, which has the same hardware as the Arnova, and until now I had no problems.
              Installing the 2.2 Pro, for a few days everything was fine, but after pressing the button to turn off the tablet, it has remained with the headband off which continued to run indefinitely, and to turn it off I had to reset. I solved the problem with Petrus's App, Reboot, but wanted to know if it was possible to solve the problem at its root, and if anyone else had had the same my problem.
              One other question, can I overclock my tablet with the 2.2 Pro?
              Thanks in advance for your response, and an affectionate greeting from Sicily ...
              Last edited by hemix; 10-03-2012, 14:49.

Comment

First of all, good to know that this rom can be installed on another tablet. Thanks for trying

So, not sure that the hardware is exactly the same, which could explain some problems.

Not sure it can be fixed easily. But if you can get a logcat when you have the error, maybe we can find what the problem is.

And for your other question, sorry, the answer is "no, you can't overclock with this rom". This would need some kernel modification and recompiling, which I didn't quite manage to do in a satisfying way.

If someone wants to put enough time and dedication to this task, I'm pretty sure it can be done, but I don't have enough time to spend on it, considering the benefit we would get from a tweaked kernel.

Comment

R: NEW- Arnova 10G2 &quot;GingerComb&quot; 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

Originally posted by petrus View Post
                  First of all, good to know that this rom can be installed on another tablet. Thanks for trying

So, not sure that the hardware is exactly the same, which could explain some problems.

Not sure it can be fixed easily. But if you can get a logcat when you have the error, maybe we can find what the problem is.

And for your other question, sorry, the answer is "no, you can't overclock with this rom". This would need some kernel modification and recompiling, which I didn't quite manage to do in a satisfying way.

If someone wants to put enough time and dedication to this task, I'm pretty sure it can be done, but I don't have enough time to spend on it, considering the benefit we would get from a tweaked kernel.
                  Thanks for the reply, whatever the tablet is fine, and still is recognized both by the software, which googleplay as Samsung GT P7510.

Lazer 10.1 Finless 2.2 Pro

Comment

My first time at doing anything like this. Flashed as per instructions but after unlocking the screen lock there were a few random "widget didn't load" or words to that effect messages and I noticed the file manager was nowhere to be seen. I flashed it again and the same problem. The instructions say about it rebooting to go in recovery mode, formatting then rebooting again to the android os. On mine it just stopped on the recovery screen and I just chose to 'reboot now' which led it to boot to the android os where as I said on swiping the screen lock it had no file manager. Does anybody now what the problem could be or if I'm doing anything wrong? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by gouryella View Post
                      My first time at doing anything like this. Flashed as per instructions but after unlocking the screen lock there were a few random "widget didn't load" or words to that effect messages and I noticed the file manager was nowhere to be seen. I flashed it again and the same problem. The instructions say about it rebooting to go in recovery mode, formatting then rebooting again to the android os. On mine it just stopped on the recovery screen and I just chose to 'reboot now' which led it to boot to the android os where as I said on swiping the screen lock it had no file manager. Does anybody now what the problem could be or if I'm doing anything wrong? Cheers.
                      Sounds perfectly normal; the ROM boots with missing widgets. Go into apps and find the files application, navigate to your sdcard where presumably you stashed injector and the package.zip file, and start installing system/user apps.
                      Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                      HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                      Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Re: NEW- Arnova 10G2 &quot;GingerComb&quot; 2.2 Pro ROM - FINAL

If you have Google Play set up, install ES File Explorer or X-plore...both are free and have more features than the stock explorer. Plus, if you want to more advanced stuff later you'll need one of those apps anyway....then go and run app injector from that.

Randy
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I did think maybe the file manager was on there just the widget wasn't showing however when going to settings and manage apps I couldn't find it in the list. I didnt know where else to look. I had previously copied over the 2 files as per the instructions and was trying to install but I just didn't even know how to navigate to the sd card. The only way I have ever done it is thought the widget "files". I'll have another go later with your suggestions.

Comment

Working fine now but cant complete the supercharger install. Following the instructions I get to choosing scroll speed and I choose 1 and press enter. It then scrolls down saying things like out of memory, android.process.acore is the home launcher!, launcher is greater than visible app, wow thats one week ass launcher! Then says to return to drivers console press the return or any key. After pressing return it asks to choose scroll speed etc going round in circles. I think I'm biting more than I can chew!

Comment

CSR bluetooth Drivers in latest ROM?

Hi is the CSR bluetooth drivers in the latest ROM? if not is there any way i can get these added as i would like to add bluetooth to my Tab?

Cheers

Jon

Comment

2.2a to 2.2b update NOW available!

UPDATE Oct 18, 2012!

Sorry folks my 2.2a ROM had a little bug with init.d support! That is, it might run scripts in the init.d folder over and over again slowing down the system and eating memory!

I have updated the ROM download in the first post of this thread which is now 2.2b. to fix this issue!

Now in the download links below I have a boot.img update ONLY download kit! If you want to keep your current 2.2a install without erasing and loosing data, then download the 2.2a to 2.2b ROM flash kit ONLY! This will flash boot.img and fix the issue.

If you want the full 2.2b ROM then go to the first post of this thread and download the full ROM. BUT again to update to 2.2b you do not need to do this! Only boot.img needs to be flashed.

NOW... Know this! ANY CWM backups you have from 2.2a, on restore of them they will overwrite the old boot.img on top of this new boot.img. So you should delete any CWM backups and make new ones AFTER flashing the new boot.img update!

Here is the update kit! PLEASE uncheck parameter file in the flash tool.... READ THE README to understand.

ROM -> Arnova 10G2 - "GingerComb" PRO ROM 2.2a to 2.2b ROM update kit (1 meg)

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X