• Show
Clear All

• zeevg
    replied
    Re: HPH Android TV BOX RK3288

Originally posted by HPH___Tina View Post
    Hi dlangejc,

Many thanks for your advice!
    Welcome all of you kindly send me the comments for the android tv box any time if the demends is reasonable
    of course, we will do our best service for all.

Thanks !
    Hi @HPH___Tina

I think the question is talking about,in the future,when bugs in the software will be found, will we have support ? New updates ? New software versions ?

Leave a comment:

• HPH___Tina
    replied
    Originally posted by dlangejc View Post
    @HPH___Tina, I am really hoping that your developers / engineers keep updating the firmware and look at the after sales market. I have, and I am sure many of us here have been treated bad many vendors from China mainland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi dlangejc,

Many thanks for your advice!
    Welcome all of you kindly send me the comments for the android tv box any time if the demends is reasonable
    of course, we will do our best service for all.

Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Right now I am putting forth a guess. I believe the HDMI IN is nothing more than a pass-through hardware.

That is you can pass from HDMI IN to your TV from the HDMI output of the box. This maybe for TVs that have one HDMI input or other inputs are used for other things.

Remember the old days when TV's had like one input? Then you got a DVD player and had to pass-through it? I bet this is like this. In other words, it's an HDMI switch if your out of HDMI ports on your TV.

But realize, since it's a pass-through using the HDMI OUT chip, it will be limited by what that OUT chip can do. Provide a HDMI IN that the output chip cannot handle, and your going to be stuck.

That's what I think this HDMI IN is.

Anything else would for sure violate DRM and the HDMI 1.4> or 2.x spec which requires DRM and the inability to capture DRM protected digital transmissions over HDMI.

DO NOT expect a device to allow you to RIP HDMI DRM protected content.... NOT going to happen....

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Nowandlayda
    replied
    maybe they can learn from this android box http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/08/...t-and-hdmi-in/

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by optimus975 View Post
    Hi Bob,

Please are you able to test HDMI input whether it's a passthrough or overlay (as in Picture-in-Picture) with the Android GUI ?

Thanks,
    Optimus
    Right now with the HDMI test APP that comes with this box it simply switches the TV to the HDMI in and shows whatever is on HDMI in. No picture in picture or anything like that. It's pretty basic! But realize this is not a OS level thing! Just an APP to change the HDMI output to whatever is coming in on the HDMI IN.

At this time I have no idea what APPs or OS level things could do more with it.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• fmoreira66
    replied
    Re: HPH Android TV BOX RK3288

Originally posted by fmoreira66 View Post
    Hi Tina, that sample production that you foresee for the end of the month will be which case?
    a) Without HDMI IN and with HDMI OUT 2.0 4 K@60Hz
    b) With HDMI IN and with HDMI OUT 2.0 4 K@30Hz
    c) With HDMI IN and HDMI OUT 2.0 4 K@60Hz (new chip)

Thanks.
    After analysing these options with Tina via PM, it became clear that option c) With HDMI IN and HDMI OUT 2.0 4 K@60Hz (new chip) is not an option in a near future. Maybe in 2015.
    So I have decided to go with option b) With HDMI IN and with HDMI OUT 2.0 4 K@30Hz that is foreseen to be produced by end of this month.

The specs of the future box are still impressive, among other important features it will have :
    * 4 Gb of RAM
    * 32 Gb of ROM
    * HDMI IN
    * HDMI OUT 2.0 4K@30HZ
    * Good UI / Launcher
    * Finless (Bob) wonderful Sw :-)

Let's wait and hope for the best...

Leave a comment:

• zeevg
    replied
    +1

Leave a comment:

• dlangejc
    replied
    HPH Android TV BOX RK3288

@HPH___Tina, I am really hoping that your developers / engineers keep updating the firmware and look at the after sales market. I have, and I am sure many of us here have been treated bad many vendors from China mainland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• optimus975
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    I am sure it could but there is no APP that I know of to do that.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Please are you able to test HDMI input whether it's a passthrough or overlay (as in Picture-in-Picture) with the Android GUI ?

Thanks,
    Optimus

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied

Bob
    I don't think so (at the moment), because, if I'm not wrong, it seams so, that the video I/O is handle different than gui I/O (which I think you can record with the correct apk like screen capture), but: "if I'm not wrong"

Leave a comment:

• optimus975
    replied

Bob

it will become a very promising area if we can do video and image processing with that HDMI input - will open a whole new world of interesting futuristic apps...

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by optimus975 View Post
    ok great...can anyone confirm if the HDMI input can be recorded over an SD card...?

Bob

Leave a comment:

• optimus975
    replied
    Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    Because it's a special made box with 4GB RAM/64GB ROM.
    The 2GB RAM/16GB ROM version costs $130
    ok great...can anyone confirm if the HDMI input can be recorded over an SD card...?

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by zeevg View Post
    It's 180 without shipping ?

=> "Free Shipping to ..."

Leave a comment:

• zeevg
    replied
    It's 180 without shipping ?

Leave a comment:

Working...