Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• userx
    replied
    hello Tina, I was testing your home launcher. I noticed your launcher app for this box does not have a delete function after adding apps on the home page. You can add apps to the folders with the + sign. But their is no delete or - button to remove a app. Maybe a trash can option like most other home pages would work. I think it's a design bug.

Leave a comment:

• beha
    replied
    Is anyone able to connect this to cheap Samsung 4K TV UE40HU6900? I would like to know if full color (4:4:4) is present, or only chroma subsampling (4:2:2).

Leave a comment:

• snipes
    replied
    HI TINA, I have interested in the 4G/32G version. But I have some questions before .

1) W-FI 802.11 AC is it really available ? I have a great AC 1900 router to use with it.

2) HD audio decoding in hardware is a MUST or me (DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD PCM )

3) 3D BD ISO with full bluray menu support

4) If ordered, want to be able to have all the menus and options available in french, ( English minimum )

5) XBMC pre-installated with the options

Cant wait for this beast !

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Burs View Post
    Why do you say 32bit processor don't support 4GB? First, there's currently no android devices with more than 3GB so you can't say that for sure, and second, just because Microsoft doesn't support 4GB on 32bit systems, that doesn't mean it's impossible. The main reason for that was Microsoft's bad memory management, but believe it or not, some other operating systems and platforms can even allocate up to 8GB with only 32bit addressing. Last time I used my calculator, 32bits were equal to exactly 4GB-1byte, so ask yourself about it..
    +1 (it's only a MS (ErrorSoft) problem; not really a problem, because 32 bit MS server OS can handle much more than 3(4)GB because it's not a problem of the 32bit OS, it's a problem of the 'physical address size' => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension)

btw: also so often discussed all over the internet and also here at this thread.... and Android use an Linux kernel...

Leave a comment:

• dlangejc
    replied
    HPH Android TV BOX RK3288

2Gb memory on a 32 bit Android media box?

We demand 8GB's DDR4 memory and 64 bit architecture !!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by optimus975 View Post
    Hi Tina,

RK3288 is a 32-bit processor which does not support 4GB RAM. What's the point in having this model then ?

Thanks,
    OP
    Why do you say 32bit processor don't support 4GB? First, there's currently no android devices with more than 3GB so you can't say that for sure, and second, just because Microsoft doesn't support 4GB on 32bit systems, that doesn't mean it's impossible. The main reason for that was Microsoft's bad memory management, but believe it or not, some other operating systems and platforms can even allocate up to 8GB with only 32bit addressing. Last time I used my calculator, 32bits were equal to exactly 4GB-1byte, so ask yourself about it..

Leave a comment:

• optimus975
    replied
    Originally posted by HPH___Tina View Post
    Hey ghanashyaml,

Acturally The price is $129 +shipping for configration 2G/8G
    But we could ask for company to keep the price for 2G/16G+shipping for your supporting.

For 4G/32G price for free shipping as it is a buying group. the opportunity is really not much.

Many thank all of your attention and supporting for our device.
    Hi Tina,

RK3288 is a 32-bit processor which does not support 4GB RAM. What's the point in having this model then ?

Thanks,
    OP

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Please update shipping for
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andro...826664727.html for more countries, no South Africa yet.
    Any group buying for above device like for the 4GB,32GB ROM version, maybe?

Some useful apps for future firmware that lots of people use.
    Webbrowser - Dolphin
    Video Player - MxPlayer
    XBMC - SPMC version http://spmc.semperpax.com/
    Live TV - Filmon FTV
    TV Shows - Hulu
    Email - Gmail
    Radio/Podcasts - Tunein Radio

Will you also help freaktab developers with linux support in future, if people get linux working on this device like Picuntu on RK3066/RK3188, that would be great or even
    RK Chrome OS.

Also maybe a small changelog for fixes in new firmware releases
    eg. Rockchip HDMI resolution fixes for older TV's
    eg. Improved video playback and updated RKVideoplayer etc.
    stuff like that would help so people don't upgrade unneccessary.

The price for the 16GB ROM version doesn't make sense, please fix.
    Last edited by mo123; 08-29-2014, 17:01.

Leave a comment:

• HPH___Tina
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    Tina, is this one with the 4gig of memory available now or pre-order?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andro...999602114.html
    Hello Clarkss12,

The 4G Version(with HDMI IN and with HDMI 2.0@30HZ) device is producing now, it should be ready at around next week or more time if everything goes well.

Leave a comment:

• HPH___Tina
    replied
    Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
    Thinking of the 2G/16G model. Why is there no free shipping for this model?
    Hey ghanashyaml,

Acturally The price is $129 +shipping for configration 2G/8G
    But we could ask for company to keep the price for 2G/16G+shipping for your supporting.

For 4G/32G price for free shipping as it is a buying group. the opportunity is really not much.

Many thank all of your attention and supporting for our device.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Tina, is this one with the 4gig of memory available now or pre-order?

Leave a comment:

• ghanashyaml
    replied
    Originally posted by HPH___Tina View Post
    which model do you choose?
    2G/16G or 4G/32G?
    Thinking of the 2G/16G model. Why is there no free shipping for this model?

Leave a comment:

• HPH___Tina
    replied
    Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
    Hi Tina,

Want to order one. Which post# should I read to order? And cost of $128 with free shipping, right?
    Hi ghanashyaml,
    which model do you choose?
    2G/16G or 4G/32G?
    Here is the link :

thanks

Leave a comment:

• ghanashyaml
    replied
    Want to order one

Hi Tina,

Want to order one. Which post# should I read to order? And cost of $128 with free shipping, right?

Leave a comment:

• HPH___Tina
    replied
    Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    DHL
    See thread here from page 25 to last for discussion of DHL tax.

Have to declare it as a commercial sample with a value below 20$ for most European countries like Germany. DHL Express Fees make it high. Is there only normal DHL shipping that take a little longer, I dont know? Looks like the UK pays very little tax even if declared as $50, around 13 Pounds in total.

Shipping
    EMS(works through post offices) take about 2-4 weeks, 4-5 weeks for South Africa but no Clearance fees of $20 like DHL.
    Aramex deliver to Middle East and Africa cheaper than DHL, about 5-10 days and also no $20 clearance fees.
    Singapore/Hong Kong Airmail take about 4 weeks to South Africa - no $20 clearance fees, no $30 shipping fee. I will be happy to wait 4 weeks if I can get it cheaper. Value of $25 for South Africa OK.

TV Box
    Maybe put small holes in corner at the top or over heatsink so hot air can escape, instead of only on bottom of device. Don't have enough photos of device to see properly.

- 3 USB ports - Great, most other boxes only have 2.
    - 16GB ROM version - Great, most other boxes only have 8GB. 16/32GB better for big games.
    - Layout - Great, Small square shape, other boxes are bigger and rectangular.
    - Airmouse - Other boxes only ship with IR Remote with non rechargable batteries, line of sight range and no mouse movements.
    Maybe supply an air mouse, even a very cheap one is better than an IR remote or to buy seperately for $10-15 with box.
    Hello Mo123,
    Many thanks for the information and suggestions!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X