X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Haba View Post
    In electronic design a semiconductor intellectual property core, IP core, or IP block is a reusable unit of logic, cell, or chip layout design that is the intellectual property of one party.
    OK, that makes sense
    Intellectual property (IP)
    e.g. at "Rockchip are extremely experienced in designing Mali GPU IP into their silicon"
    THX

Leave a comment:

• Haba
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but what does the IP means (e.g. at POP IP, Physical IP, ...) ?
    POP IP or Physical IP generally refers to Internet Protocol Address.

The article I posted a link to refers to IP cores.

In electronic design a semiconductor intellectual property core, IP core, or IP block is a reusable unit of logic, cell, or chip layout design that is the intellectual property of one party.

Leave a comment:

• jlunse
    replied
    Seriously, I bought a Pipo P1, can anyone explain in detail what RK3288 CPU, GPU...I have?
    Rockchip, Pipo, anyone with some trustworthy knowledge what did I buy?
    Last edited by jlunse; 09-13-2014, 16:41.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Maybe a stupid question, but what does the IP means (e.g. at POP IP, Physical IP, ...) ?

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    From the A-17 web page specs tab over at Arm

Large Physical Address Extensions (LPAE) The introduction of Large Physical Address Extensions (LPAE) enables the processor to access up to 1TB of memory
    Interesting article about Rockchip...They got way out in front of everyone. GPU is T760. I agree A-17 core..

Rockchip rocks the boat
    I believe it's A17, but I'd like to get a good explanation. The other day Rockchip guys talked more about software than another thing when I showed the "A12 folder"

Leave a comment:

• Haba
    replied
    Originally posted by leafar View Post
    Arm12 support Mali GPU T6x series
    Arm 17 support Mali GPU T7x series

Between Arm 12 & 17 not much different, maybe someone can tell me this, Arm12 support 1tb,17 don't.
    From the A-17 web page specs tab over at Arm

Large Physical Address Extensions (LPAE) The introduction of Large Physical Address Extensions (LPAE) enables the processor to access up to 1TB of memory

Interesting article about Rockchip...They got way out in front of everyone. GPU is T760. I agree A-17 core..

Rockchip rocks the boat

Leave a comment:

• leafar
    replied
    Arm12 support Mali GPU T6x series
    Arm 17 support Mali GPU T7x series

Between Arm 12 & 17 not much different, maybe someone can tell me this, Arm12 support 1tb,17 don't.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    two weeks ago they announced a linux kernel source, one week ago the side was offline, this week I'm missing the linux kernel source announcement...

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    Sorry, I'm going to add more fuel to the fire:

Here you can download the ROCKCHIP RK3288 DATASHEET (password: www.zero-devices.com)

In the Chapter 1 (page 8) we can read:
    • RK3288 is a low power, high performance processor for mobile phones, personal mobile internet device and other digital multimedia applications, and integrates quad-core Cortex-A12 with separately NEON coprocessor.

Features 1.1.1:

• Quad-core ARM Cortex-A12 MPCore processor, a high-performance, low-power and cached application processor

In the page 27 we can see in the Multi-Media Processor:

• GPU(Mali-T764)

This is the "Rev 1.0", so it could be modified.
    I also have an Rev 1.0 but 20140516 and there at page 8
    1.1 Overview
    RK3288 is a low power, high performance processor for mobile phones, personal mobile internet device and other digital multimedia applications, and integrates quad-core Cortex-A17 with separately NEON coprocessor.
    1.2 Features
    1.2.1 MicroProcessor
     Quad-core ARM Cortex-A17 MPCore processor, a high-performance, low-power and cached application processor

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Looking through a few other sites that have the same PDF, it would seem that the 1.0 standard was still current as of the end of May.

Also just found this, which is not directly related but as it's only a few days old, I wondered if it may have relevance or use to somebody as it may have originated from Rockchip themselves looking at an email address mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Sorry, I'm going to add more fuel to the fire:

Here you can download the ROCKCHIP RK3288 DATASHEET (password: www.zero-devices.com)

In the Chapter 1 (page 8) we can read:
    • RK3288 is a low power, high performance processor for mobile phones, personal mobile internet device and other digital multimedia applications, and integrates quad-core Cortex-A12 with separately NEON coprocessor.

Features 1.1.1:

• Quad-core ARM Cortex-A12 MPCore processor, a high-performance, low-power and cached application processor

In the page 27 we can see in the Multi-Media Processor:

• GPU(Mali-T764)

This is the "Rev 1.0", so it could be modified.

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by Seattletruth View Post
    Greetings,

Can any of you guys verify that the mali-t760 gpu is used?

If they lie about which app processor they use, they might lie about which gpu processor. For some reason the t764 processor doesn't even exist, but is this thing even from the 7 series?

I remember a couple years ago when ainol had built up a strong reputation, then they ruined it by advertising the next tablet would have a quad core a9 family chip.

It ended up coming with Quad a5 core from actions semi.
    There is a point here, ALL companies are promoting: A17 - T764 (or T76X, or T7XX), even this Firefly development board:

Here is Mali T-760: http://www.t-firefly.com/html/en/feature/
    Here is Mali T-764: http://www.t-firefly.com/html/en/param/

Anyway I¡m still waiting Rockchip guys reply...
    Last edited by Javimetal; 09-12-2014, 20:03.

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    By the way, RK3288 sticks coming:

I published a thread here for interested:

Leave a comment:

• Seattletruth
    replied
    Greetings,

Can any of you guys verify that the mali-t760 gpu is used?

If they lie about which app processor they use, they might lie about which gpu processor. For some reason the t764 processor doesn't even exist, but is this thing even from the 7 series?

I remember a couple years ago when ainol had built up a strong reputation, then they ruined it by advertising the next tablet would have a quad core a9 family chip.

It ended up coming with Quad a5 core from actions semi.

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Time ago I have been looking at this project, it looks like now there is a release date:

More info here: http://www.t-firefly.com/html/en/feature/

This is maybe a good alternative to the RADXA ROCK 2... another good development board.

When some pages before I was talking about buy a "toy", I was talking about these kind of boards. They was made for play, learn, study, share, design, enjoy! Take a look here: http://www.t-firefly.com/html/en/download/

I found some good development boards there, from RADXA, Merrii, Firefly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X