• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    ...varies per activity
    Ok, I had hoped I could identify some tools, but it's only a marketing video...

EDIT:
    ok, the second link is a little bit more helpful... I think they use the known directories (at kernel) to determine the values via USB... but I think no way to get this program...

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    This was the one that I saw the one from Shomari does demonstrate it well.

Samsung shows HMP big.LITTLE mode working on the Exynos5420, Heterogeneous Multi Processing means that you can manage the 8 big.LITTLE cores independently an...

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    I can live with an A12 but I don't like to be fu**ed...

Do you have a link?
    ...varies per activity

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    I can live with an A12 but I don't like to be fu**ed...

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    ...I did see a video from an exhibition demo that showed just how big.LITTLE worked in real time, with a simple graphical representation of how the CPU's were being used.
    Do you have a link?

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    NOT A17

I have an RK3288 and it is NOT CORTEX A17, according to the kernel messages.

Also of note, anyone considering paying a premium for Cloudnetgo tv boxes might want to take a look over at this thread:

I was after a certain Bluetimes tv box to confirm it has the same pcb as Cloudnetgo CR12 - and upon receipt of the device my suspicions were more than upheld...

Leave a comment:

• rceccleston
    replied
    Re: The latest news about RK3288

Is there not a diagnostic app available that can accurately determine whether the RK3288 is A12 or A17?

I did see a video from an exhibition demo that showed just how big.LITTLE worked in real time, with a simple graphical representation of how the CPU's were being used.
    As you correctly suggest, ARM says big.LITTLE is a feature of an A17 with 8 cores, which the RK3288 does not.

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Is there not a diagnostic app available that can accurately determine whether the RK3288 is A12 or A17?

I did see a video from an exhibition demo that showed just how big.LITTLE worked in real time, with a simple graphical representation of how the CPU's were being used.

Leave a comment:

• rceccleston
    replied
    An interesting find within the file system of an RK3288 tablet.

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    I have seen that picture months ago, they said because can not promote the A17 in that moment
    Could it be that the latest iteration of 3288 is now compliant, therefore able to advertise as A17?

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by rceccleston View Post
    I agree, Rockchip's methodology and reputation over the last twelve months has been questionable.

Sent from my M6 using Tapatalk
    I have seen that picture months ago, they said because can not promote the A17 in that moment

Leave a comment:

• rceccleston
    replied

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    over glued with a piece of paper
    And the unkown T764 is another story...
    http://www.arm.com/products/multimed.../mali-t760.php
    I agree, Rockchip's methodology and reputation over the last twelve months has been questionable.

Sent from my M6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied

over glued with a piece of paper
    And the unkown T764 is another story...
    The Mali-T760 GPU preceded the Mali-T860 & Mali-T880 on the Midgard GPU architecture.

Leave a comment:

• rceccleston
    replied

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    The history from manufacturers is:

"Rockchip did not allow us to say A17 before, now they do not allow us to say A12". The boss of a design house called me to visit his office next week, I will try to remember this question.

About the A80, looks good:

A80 OptimusBoard is a development board featuring the latest AllWinner A80 SoC with 8 ARM Cortex A15/A7 cores in big.LITTLE configuration, and a PowerVR

Merrii is doing good development boards like the Humminbird or this one. Just the lack od documentation and community is the problem. I was talking with their english speaker sales and does not look like they put attention in my questions (anyway invited me to visit their office and explain more, but I dont really have time for now...).
    Its clear Rockchip knew they were in breach of ARM's licensing back in January 2014 at CES 2014 but they've since continued to mislead their customer base with false A17 advertising in fear of damaging their reputation.

Edward Weinert has posted a full write up.

ARM's website also state,

'The Cortex-A17 processor is architecturally aligned with the broadly deployed Cortex-A7 processor, enabling next-generation mid-range devices based on******big.LITTLE******technology.'

The Arm Cortex-A17 processor is the highest performant Armv7-A processor.

CNX Soft have written a great comparison of this years SOC's.

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    More cost cutting, just like the RK3188T, never mind the last minute design changes on the RK3288 due to the DTS certification.

What do you think to Rockchip misrepresenting / advertising the RK3288 as an A17, since its actually an A12, because it doesn't feature bigLITTLE.

Considering Allwinner have recently released their A80, with ARMs bigLITTLE architecture, Rockchip are playing dirty marketing trick since their already a generation behind.
    The history from manufacturers is:

"Rockchip did not allow us to say A17 before, now they do not allow us to say A12". The boss of a design house called me to visit his office next week, I will try to remember this question.

About the A80, looks good:

A80 OptimusBoard is a development board featuring the latest AllWinner A80 SoC with 8 ARM Cortex A15/A7 cores in big.LITTLE configuration, and a PowerVR

Merrii is doing good development boards like the Humminbird or this one. Just the lack od documentation and community is the problem. I was talking with their english speaker sales and does not look like they put attention in my questions (anyway invited me to visit their office and explain more, but I dont really have time for now...).

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Another new kid on the block from October, with a twist.

You boot Android or Linux from an SD card by default.

Supposedly from the same people that launched the Popcorn Hour box a few years ago.
    Maybe you should open a new thread for this interesting piece with alu case (also as heatsink) and booting from removable SD Card ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X