This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by himmon View Post
    BTW, just tried Wasser's 1.2 XBMC Gotham 13.1 and it runs perfectly. It's over in the Minix X7 thread. Just tried a 1080p movie streaming on navi x, runs perfectly smooth.
    ...do you use libstagefright or mediacodec in hardware acceleration settings, out of curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
      I use the XBMC official 14.0 Alpha (Helix) and usually do my 1080p tests on the notorious Birds MKV 40Mbps file and it doesn't even hiccup. I see very little gain from RK3066>RK3188 in terms of value/performance ratio. It's really something.
      Really have to agree with you there, even installing Nova Launcher which has been updated for kitkat has made scrolling transitions super smooth and fast for me on this ROM.

Btw, where can I find this Birds MKV, wouldnt mind giving it a try?

Comment

...do you use libstagefright or mediacodec in hardware acceleration settings, out of curiosity?
        They're both switched on in Wasser's 1.2 version of XBMC
        Here's link to V1.2 of Wasser's XBMC Gotham 13.1

Comment

Btw, where can I find this Birds MKV, wouldnt mind giving it a try?
          First one in the list: http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

...this is my last shot - try these two files separately hopefully one solves your issue.

adb push /system/lib

http://ge.tt/718dJPn1/v/0?c
            Not working
            Thanks for ur efforts.

Comment

Bird's MKV in XBMC stutters for literally 2 seconds on first play then is perfectly smooth, 2nd play smooth all the way.

Comment

Ynt: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

I've installed it mk808b original but there is no WiFi or Bluetooth working and also launcher crashes continuously. I tried 3 times both seperate IMG files and using single image files. Separate IMG files installation success but stuck at boot screen. Single IMG file installations were successful but as I told not working well. Thanks for the efforts hope there comes cwm installable stable one.

GT-N7000...
                Last edited by inflock; 07-05-2014, 16:16.

Comment

it seems like this rom came from Hindotech

There are other version of ROMs as well in there.. I'll try the JB one if bluetooth seems to be better over there..
                  maybe someone else too be interested in other versions of rom hence can go ahead and try

Comment

Originally posted by inflock View Post
                    I've installed it mk808b original but there is no WiFi or Bluetooth working and also launcher crashes continuously. I tried 3 times both seperate IMG files and using single image files. Separate IMG files installation success but stuck at boot screen. Single IMG file installations were successful but as I told not working well. Thanks for the efforts hope there comes cwm installable stable one.

GT-N7000...
                    This ROM isn't for the MK808B; some users can run it on the MK808B but only those with the MTK chipset. I'm keeping an eye out for KK for the MK808B.

Comment

Enable Location Services

download this file http://ge.tt/5CaW6Pn1/v/0?c and either adb push to /system/app or use a file explorer like Root Explorer to put the app in /system/app and reboot. Please report back if that enables location services on your device.
                      Brilliant, working now! Well done mate, on the quick settings (Upper right hand corner swipe down), I left mouse clicked down on the location icon for 3 seconds and it switched on. I ran fix permissions too and rebooted then was asked on startup to allow google access to location services. All working great, thanks alot. Google earth working perfectly.

For anyone else, to change permissions manually on fusedlocation.apk, enable root explorer under tools in ES explorer, select FusedLocation.apk under /system/app and press more icon (bottom right hand side in ES), then select properties and next to permissions select change and tick Owner-Read and Write, Group-Read, Other-Read only. You should end up with rw- r- r- on previous screen. Switch off root explorer once you've made the changes and reboot.
                      ||

Comment

Ynt: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

thats why i hardbricked my device in my last attempt. I recovered after I entered mask mode by doing short circuit 8-9 pin's of nand flash chip. Anyway hope to hear good news about KK.

GT-N7000...

Comment

Towel root failed. KingoRoot worked; first select unroot, the rom shows rooted by default. Then run again and select ROOT. OP updated with OC kernel and CWM info.
                          I'm trying to root my iMitoMX1, KingoRoot doesn't recognize the device at all. Tried with different laptops even native windows installed both x32&x64 but no luck. Asked me to enable developer options, once i enable system was unable to identify "rk3066" driver. I've tried to install rockusb driver but failed.
                          Any ideas ?

Comment

Originally posted by HaLLoWeD View Post
                            I'm trying to root my iMitoMX1, KingoRoot doesn't recognize the device at all. Tried with different laptops even native windows installed both x32&x64 but no luck. Asked me to enable developer options, once i enable system was unable to identify "rk3066" driver. I've tried to install rockusb driver but failed.
                            Any ideas ?
                            Please ensure you have enabled 'connect to pc' in settings>USB. (settings left hand panel)

Comment

Please ensure you have enabled 'connect to pc' in settings>USB. (settings left hand panel)
                              I enabled connect to PC, it shows connecting but fails.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	434014
                              When i enable "USB debugging" as advised i get a new unknown driver message.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	434015

Comment

Rockchip HDMI audio issue

This ROM carries with it a minor HDMI audio bug persistent in KitKat update.

HDMI doesn't send audio to the TV when device is resumed from standby.

To solve the issue, always resume device from standby before powering on TV. Turn device on, then turn TV on.

The audio issue is caused by Rockchip's KitKat audio kernel configuration. The device expects a specific response from the HDMI sink, if it isn't found it effectively mutes the HDMI audio by treating the device as a DVI interface. 'rk30-hdmi: warning: EDID error, assume sink as DVI'

Comment

Working...
                                X