Tronsmart S89/S89H & Beelink S82/S82H/M8 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
    Got my S89-H today (jerks charged 20 duty on it) and stuck 1.8 on it without a hitch.

Very smooth device with loads of power although i do sort of miss the bottom taskbar but you adjust quick.

Few minor quirks but iam guessing there related to the stock firmware and not bob work.
    There is a bottom taskbar, it is in the settings.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      There is a bottom taskbar, it is in the settings.
      Thanks

Can't beleive i missed that..lol.
      Last edited by Magnus33; 07-21-2014, 17:41.
      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Hey guys, can I flash this to the "elite" model of the S89 as well?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Finless,
          is there a chance for an 1.9 Finless rom with 107k4 next time?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Prodb View Post
            Hi Finless,
            is there a chance for an 1.9 Finless rom with 107k4 next time?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
            I beleive he waiting for 108k which is going to drop very shortly and then add the improvements from both.

Comment

I do feel slightly embarrassed to ask this question but after searching for nearly 30 minutes I just have to: I'm trying to install the Finless ROM so I can finally use the S82 as a SNES/N64 with my Xbox controller but I just can't find the reset button. Please help me and don't make me feel like the worlds worst engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by In5anity View Post
                I do feel slightly embarrassed to ask this question but after searching for nearly 30 minutes I just have to: I'm trying to install the Finless ROM so I can finally use the S82 as a SNES/N64 with my Xbox controller but I just can't find the reset button. Please help me and don't make me feel like the worlds worst engineer.
                Its hidden in the AV hole,Use a wooden toothpick or a non metallic item to to press the button
                Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                  Its hidden in the AV hole,Use a wooden toothpick or a non metallic item to to press the button
                  Wow, never would have thought of this. Thank you.

>edit<

ROM works great, XBMC works great, Super Mario with Xbox controller works great. You are awesome, Finless.
                  Last edited by In5anity; 07-21-2014, 20:05.

Comment

Originally posted by In5anity View Post
                    Wow, never would have thought of this. Thank you.

>edit<

ROM works great, XBMC works great, Super Mario with Xbox controller works great. You are awesome, Finless.
                    Yeah that took me a minute to figure out myself when i read the instructions that came with it.
                    Rather a creative place to put it

Comment

hello everyone. i would like to know if there is a way to make my exernal sdcard as default by the system and not internal storage. i own a tablet that i got from geekbuying where it gaveme options to select which one to use as default and worked well.
                      another thing is i have a 3tb hdd pluged in my vega elite for xbmc but in the browse for share >>external storage it take me to internal storage, so it would be better in my opinion to go to real external storage like sdcard and i need my external hdd to display as an option too INSTEAD OFy go to root >> storage>> etc every time i want to add a source... how can i do that?

not sure if this the last is firmware related or xbmc related. thanks in advance

Comment

Need root for reboot...

Hi everyone !

First thx bob for your great roms.

I wanted to use the reboot function, but every time i'm having a pop up message saying that i'm not root does anyone experienced this as well ?

I'm using finless 1.8 rom on a MBox S82 16g (ordered a tronsmart S89H and ended up with that thx to dealextreme...), and for sure it's properly rooted as said by Bob himself and other applications using root function works perfectly.

I tried to mess with super su who confirm i'm rooted, allowed root at boot or for reboot function with no luck.

Since it's one of the main functionality compare to stock rom and as Finless roms are rooted is there anything to do to make it work properly ?

EDIT : solved, found out that in fact reboot is setting by default in refused for root access in super su, had to allow root AND save (what i didn't do the first time). How dumb of me...
                        Last edited by golgoth24; 07-23-2014, 01:12. Reason: resolved

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica View Post
                          hello everyone.

1.) i would like to know if there is a way to make my exernal sdcard as default by the system and not internal storage. i own a tablet that i got from geekbuying where it gaveme options to select which one to use as default and worked well.

2.) another thing is i have a 3tb hdd pluged in my vega elite for xbmc but in the browse for share >>external storage it take me to internal storage, so it would be better in my opinion to go to real external storage like sdcard and i need my external hdd to display as an option too INSTEAD OFy go to root >> storage>> etc every time i want to add a source... how can i do that?

not sure if this the last is firmware related or xbmc related. thanks in advance
                          1.) I think it's a problem at/of KK (I think your tablet use JB)... I think all the app to remove to external also not working at KK at the moment because of the security modifications at KK...

2.) I only can talk about minix, but there I see my external HDD as sda1 at xbmc, but if I remember correctly there is maybe a problem with HDD > 2TB at the moment...
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Anybody else have problems with this Rom being very slow?
                            I have 2 S82 boxes, 1 runs mint, the other runs terrible, xbmc crashes and freezes all the time, kicks video out, had similar issues with the original firmware that came with the box, can't remember what it was, possibly 102k4, other apps run super slow too, even the home screen animations are brutal slow

What's weird is I put 1.7 back in and it runs fine, never had an issue with 1.6 either

corrupt download maybe? I'm sure I used the exact same TF card to flash my other box though

Comment

Originally posted by Steve604 View Post
                              Anybody else have problems with this Rom being very slow?
                              I have 2 S82 boxes, 1 runs mint, the other runs terrible, xbmc crashes and freezes all the time, kicks video out, had similar issues with the original firmware that came with the box, can't remember what it was, possibly 102k4, other apps run super slow too, even the home screen animations are brutal slow

What's weird is I put 1.7 back in and it runs fine, never had an issue with 1.6 either

corrupt download maybe? I'm sure I used the exact same TF card to flash my other box though
                              No chashing but i have noticed that the animations/transistions are not as fluid and close to being stuttery.
                              I dont think its the box but a bad bit of code coming from the stock firmware which this rom is based on.
                              Stane1983 seems to have removed the animation issues from his rom.
                              His of course is based on older firmware so its got the standby bug.
                              Last edited by Magnus33; 07-23-2014, 21:48.

Comment

I'm having video crash issues with his firmware too,
                                I was having a blurred video problem with oman xbmc, and could only run the stock skin
                                That's why I went 1.8, My other box runs standard 13.1 xbmc no problem on the 1.8 rom,
                                went to Stanes XBMC with 1.7 on this box, seems ok so far

Could be missing something, I'll have to try again on of these days, problem is that box is in my living room, and I watch 90% of TV through it, wife's not to happy when I take it, wipe it and start changing things

Comment

Working...
                                X