No announcement yet.

Chuwi VX8 RileyROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to flash, but no progress bar ... nothing appened. And since, it is bricked and I can't do any flash because it fails systematicalmy with the error message I posted before.
    When I plugged the "dead" tablet to teh PC, it is recognized during few seconds as a MTK USB Device

Comment

I don't understand, if flashing didn't progress, why can't Android boot?

Please answer my previous question, have you tried to flash an official firmware?

Comment

it is strange, but I am not the only one having this trouble, see : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post226914

To answer your question, I tried to flash the Riley ROM 1.1 from the 1st post here.

Comment

Hopefully you have read this entire thread from the beginning to find possible answers to your flashing problems.

1. Make sure your tablet is compatible with this firmware version.
          2. Make sure you are using the USB cable provided with the tablet.
          3. Windows 8.1 has driver issues, and flashing might not work.
          4. Make sure the checksum.ini file shows the option at zero, instead of one.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Mmmmmm maybe a driver problem.

Just to be sure, you can try to flash an official firmware, links in this russian forum like this one

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              Hopefully you have read this entire thread from the beginning to find possible answers to your flashing problems.

1. Make sure your tablet is compatible with this firmware version.
              2. Make sure you are using the USB cable provided with the tablet.
              3. Windows 8.1 has driver issues, and flashing might not work.
              4. Make sure the checksum.ini file shows the option at zero, instead of one.
              I already checked all these points. I also tried several firm for the VX8, indluding the Russian one. Still the same 4032 error. I think this tablet has a defect since ever. I will ship back to China for replacement.
              Thanks all for your messages.
              Last edited by seb_131; 02-28-2015, 22:38.

Comment

boot.img file to enable OTG.
                Select the appropriate one (SD Card permutted with internal one, or not) and flash boot.img with SP Flash Tools.
                Not tested.

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

Comment

I think the issue is coming from the usb mode of the tablet.
                  Everytime I connect th etablet to the PC, it is recognized as "MTK USB Port". I have tested many different systems, including Windows XP.
                  The tablet seems blocked on this mode. I have tried with or withou batery, pushing some buttons when plugging.. But still the same, no chance to switch into Preloader mode ....

MTK6218 = "MTK USB Port"
                  MTK_COM = "MTK USB Modem Port"
                  MTK_CAT = "MTK USB Debug Port"
                  MTK_PRELOADER = "MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port"
                  MTK_SP_DA = "MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port"

Comment

Sorry, my knowledge is quite limited in this case, I'm not able to help you :-(

Maybe, any chance to connect through ADB?

Comment

Hey seb_131 ,
                      I had the same problem, tried to flash Riley's rom and the tablet went dead,
                      I think that the problem is with the tablet, if you shipped it back to China let us know how the new flashing progresses,

if you haven't shipped it,
                      I had the same problem as I mentioned ,
                      after I saw there's no booting\even no charging sign,
                      I have left it on charging almost 24 hours,
                      after that I tried to turn it on (don't know why) and it worked,
                      immediatly saw Chuwi logo and after few minutes the tablet has fully recovered.

tried to flash the rom again and it went dead again,
                      charged all night and it made the trick once again...

don't know why, pretty weird... try it.

BTW Rilley, thank you for the custom rom,
                      I truly appreciate it

UPDATE:
                      just downloaded firmware for Chuwi website,
                      after loading the scatter file to the flash tool, it shows NAND on the bottom,
                      on Riley's rom it shows EMMC .
                      anyway, original firmware was flashed successfully,
                      guess it is a different version of the tablet unfortunately..

(please correct me if I wrong)
                      thanks
                      Last edited by duduwar; 03-13-2015, 01:30.

Comment

Look at your serial number, maybe your tablet is a "D series", so you can't flash Riley's rom :-(

Comment

My tablet has arrived in China. No news so far about the repair.

In the meantime, I have read many forum. I have concluded that the preloader has been erased, probably because the Riley ROM is not compatible with my model.
                          To restore it, first it has to be recognized as USB Mtk Device. 2 solutions :
                          - connect to the PC with vol- pressed
                          - if not working, device has to be opened, batery unplugged, and test point on the motherboard connected to the ground, while usb is plugged to the PC
                          Then, in SPFlash tool, the good preloader (only) has to be downloaded. Then, the rest of the ROM.

When I will receive back my tablet, I will try to backup the ROM with MtkDroidTool, and I will cook my own one.
                          Last edited by seb_131; 03-14-2015, 09:18.

Comment

Any picture or video about this ROM? pro and cons versus the stock one before I take the risks and flash it?
                            Last edited by ar_156; 04-07-2015, 13:59.

Comment

Originally posted by seb_131 View Post
                              My tablet has arrived in China. No news so far about the repair.

In the meantime, I have read many forum. I have concluded that the preloader has been erased, probably because the Riley ROM is not compatible with my model.
                              To restore it, first it has to be recognized as USB Mtk Device. 2 solutions :
                              - connect to the PC with vol- pressed
                              - if not working, device has to be opened, batery unplugged, and test point on the motherboard connected to the ground, while usb is plugged to the PC
                              Then, in SPFlash tool, the good preloader (only) has to be downloaded. Then, the rest of the ROM.

When I will receive back my tablet, I will try to backup the ROM with MtkDroidTool, and I will cook my own one.
                              Hi seb_131,
                              I can confirm that the second option just saved my kid's device.
                              I opened it, unplugged the battery and used SPflashtool v5.1452.00.000 to upgrade firmware with official VX8_20140923 from the russian forum.
                              No need to connect the test point to the ground nor flash the preloader only.
                              Don't try to flash another recovery or the upgrade process will abort.
                              You can flash the recovery only, later and in download mode (I got an error at the end of the process but COT recovery is here and is working).
                              THANK YOU!

Comment

No updates for this pretty tablet?

Comment

Working...
                                X