• Show
Clear All

Not working here to create CWM:
    I get two error messages:
    No find KernelGZ
    No Split Boot Image

I don't know what that means.

I also can't flash te new 1.1 rom
    I get an error mssage when trying to load the scatter file.
    Tested the satter file from the original 07-26 and that's ok
    So there is a problem wih your rom?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bertr32; 09-02-2014, 20:22.

Comment

Have you tried it by connecting your tablet to your PC and running the app? Sometimes, it will succeed that way.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

I've moved this thread to the Current ROM's forum in the MTK Tablets section.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

To fix the scatter file error, open the Checksum.ini file

Make this change:

CHECKSUM_SWITCH=0

Since I modify files, the sizes are different. This turns off the checksum system to allow the flash tool to proceed with the modified files.

I forgot to do that...sorry.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

one more thing, before i proceed with the updating.

what is this 2,4,8,12 GB user space?
            I know Chuwi comes with 8GB, and i also add 32GB micro SD card.

which one you recommend i choose?

Comment

I'm not sure what the default is, but if there is only 8gb total, I would only use 4gb.

The total 8gb NAND is divided into partitions. The system takes up roughly 1gb. With 4gb app space you should have 3gb internal SD space remaining.

Sent from my P1 using Tapatalk
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Are you sure there is no more than 8gb NAND? That isn't very much these days on a new tablet. Most have at least 16gb.

Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Tested the 1.1 rom today and it is working ok.
                  Almost the same as the 1.0 rom.

Comment

HELP!!!!

Hi all,
                    I bought this tablet(DAMN)it has worked only few minutes.
                    Now boot is in loop.
                    I tryed to flash Riley ROM,but it doesnt
                    I flashed original ROM,but still in loop.
                    Any suggestion?
                    Sorry for my english

Comment

You can try to do a factory reset.
                      Go into recovery mode by pressing the volme up and power button at the same time until you see a black screen where you can choose recovery mode.
                      Choose recovery then you see a green android doll. Hit the power buttun and you are in recovery mode. There you can select wipe data/factory reset.

Comment

Originally posted by bertr32 View Post
                        You can try to do a factory reset.
                        Go into recovery mode by pressing the volme up and power button at the same time until you see a black screen where you can choose recovery mode.
                        Choose recovery then you see a green android doll. Hit the power buttun and you are in recovery mode. There you can select wipe data/factory reset.
                        Unfortunately when I go into recovery,it reboots stil in loop
                        EDIT:I tryed to instal stock firmware but same reason

Comment

Hello,
                          I was going to install your 1.1 rom into my vx8 but I think I destroyed it. I did as follows:
                          - downloaded and extracted your rom directory and flash tool
                          - opened the flash tool and loaded the scatter file as well as the loader file
                          - chose the firmware upgrade option
                          - switched the tablet off and connected it with pc, loaded the drivers
                          - Pressed the load button inthe flash tool

I waited about 10 minutes but nothing happend. I pluged the tablet out.

Now I cannot start the tablet, the pc recognizes it as unknown device, no driver installation is possible. I tried to reflash it, enter the recovery, all no go... I cannoct connect the pc to the tablet...
                          Any ideas? I loved this tablet so I would really like to use it again.

Comment

It appears you tablet is stuck in some other mode than flash mode.

These MTK tablets don't have a reset button on the back...so unless you want to open the cover and disconnect the battery, you can just let the battery drain all the way down (which will reset the tablet).

Give it a while and come back to it. Connect your tablet to USB with download clicked in the flash tool.

Go over the instructions carefully. Be sure all of the required components are checked on the list of files to flash.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Root and install CWM recovery

Hi,
                              i have CHUWI VX8 Tablet (this one http://www.pandawill.com/chuwi-vx8-t...te-p90914.html).

Can I install the Chuwi Riley Rom V1.1? Which EBR I must choose?

How can I root my device, install CWM Recovery and take a back up before I install Chuwi Riley Rom V1.1?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

I would only recommend using the default EBR files or the 4gb pair. I didn't know the tablet had only 8gb of NAND memory when I was writing the EBRs.

I will let one of the users who actually has one if these tablets help you with manually rooting. Many people have good luck with Root Genius.

Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X