Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrgcorreia View Post
    So, I followed all steps on your post but the IMEI / NVRAM button is greyed out.

I guess I might be doing something wrong....
    Yep... Just confirmed that myself. Seems that the IMEI button does not work for this TAB with MTK Droid Tools.

You can try this (copied from http://www.jellydroid.com/2014/06/ho...x-lost-imei/):

(You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure)
    • Install Terminal Emulator
    • Launch the Terminal Emulator app
    • Type SU then press ENTER button to get Superuser permission
    • After that, type this command then press ENTER button
      echo ‘AT+EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_NUMBER”‘ >/dev/pttycmd1
    • Last step, reboot your phone/tablet and DONE!

Or you can try this: http://www.editweaks.com/2014/08/eas...e-imei-of.html

or this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2734161

You will need root access enabled for all methods to work.

PS: Do not change the root app that comes with 900supersportĀ“s ROM... If you have changed it, reflash ROM and leave it untouched.

Comment

Brian i want to thank you for your beautiful roms. Greetings from Italy

Comment

Guide for a new tablet

Hi, Finally ordered myself a Talk 9x and now looking how to make the best of it. Please correct me if im wrong or add details how to... and etc
        The steps I belive should be done, feel free to cross out/ add more steps for the best experience with this tablet :
        1. Flash a new recovery (No idea which one)
        2. Flash the 6Gig app space patch
        3. Root (somehow... or do I get root with flashing this ROM?)
        4. Flash this ROM (has been suggested everywhere)
        5. Flash the brightness patch
        If anyone is willing to answer these questions, I belive you could also make a new How To / Guide thread for it as I belive most new owners would like to know it And ofcourse, Thanks!!
        Last edited by Tarts; 10-16-2014, 09:44. Reason: typo

Comment

Waiting myself for the cube somewhere in transit but it would be nice to see a list of what to do first with a brand new Cube as we don't know anything about a new model (in my case, owned an Onda).

Comment

Originally posted by Tarts View Post
            Hi, Finally ordered myself a Talk 9x and now looking how to make the best of it. Please correct me if im wrong or add details how to... and etc
            The steps I belive should be done, feel free to cross out/ add more steps for the best experience with this tablet :
            1. Flash a new recovery (No idea which one)
            2. Flash the 6Gig app space patch
            3. Root (somehow... or do I get root with flashing this ROM?)
            4. Flash this ROM (has been suggested everywhere)
            5. Flash the brightness patch
            If anyone is willing to answer these questions, I belive you could also make a new How To / Guide thread for it as I belive most new owners would like to know it And ofcourse, Thanks!!
            Originally posted by skippie View Post
            Waiting myself for the cube somewhere in transit but it would be nice to see a list of what to do first with a brand new Cube as we don't know anything about a new model (in my case, owned an Onda).
            To be honest guys, I would use the tablet for a few days before starting to flash things. OK, there are some Chinese Apps, but they only take up some memory. SS900 ROM is closely based on the stock ROM from CUBE - the only thing you might suffer from is lack of Chrome as your browser - since the fix for this is one of the things that Brian has explicitly incorporated into his version of the ROM.

The simplest next step is to flash the ROM from the OP of this thread - this will give you:

• ROOT
            • CWM recovery
            • Chrome fix
            • Larger APP partition

If you have trouble with the drivers for the Flash Tool, there is a thread to help (at least if you are Windows 7). Flashing seems to be mostly harmless as long as the drivers are installed and you follow the instructions. Brian helpfully includes pretty good instructions inside the ZIP file that you download - so the request from @Tarts is probably a bit redundant. The flash tool and drivers are also included.

Once you have flashed this you can think about moving to TWRP - I left that for a few days after flashing the ROM the first time. Again it's pretty easy and harmless. Remember if you change recovery, take a new backup using the new recovery - I have the impression that TWRP cannot use a CWM backup file (but I might be wrong).

Once you've done that it's just a case of installing your favourite APPS and using your CUBE for real. It's a very, very stable tablet and ROM in my experience, so you should not experience too many problems.

Of course, if you are experienced flashers (!?!) then you might decide to leap straight in...

Remember, READ THE F***ING FORUM before doing anything complex - it contains lots of experience.

Enjoy.

Comment

Hey @ac0935p, do you think that this tablet will have enough support to have an stable version of android 5.0 in the future?

Comment

Thank you for the good explanation, much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by julioforo View Post
                  Hey @ac0935p, do you think that this tablet will have enough support to have an stable version of android 5.0 in the future?
                  Well that would be nice, wouldn't it? In my experience with Chinese suppliers, though, it's kind of unlikely. The Chinese business model is basically "get a reasonable, feature rich product out the door at a good price, then move on to the next model". Quite honestly that's how they make their money. Three or four minor updates is what I typically see (arguably we have had those already...).

If those responsible can be persuaded to release the source code then guys and Lepi and Brian might get into cooking new flavours of the ROM in which case we might be lucky and get something like a Cyanogen Mod 12 (or 13 or...). This was one reason I bought my original Ainol tablet - it had very active community and active baking of 3rd party ROM. My china-clone phone, too, had an active community, though my it's now so old (nearly two years) that the activity has pretty much dried up. But hey, the ROM still works (Android 4.2.2).

One thing that persuaded me to buy the CUBE, in the end, was finding this forum with all the threads - particularly the lightly reworked ROM from Brian.

Comment

Re: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by ac0935p View Post
                    Well that would be nice, wouldn't it? In my experience with Chinese suppliers, though, it's kind of unlikely. The Chinese business model is basically "get a reasonable, feature rich product out the door at a good price, then move on to the next model". Quite honestly that's how they make their money. Three or four minor updates is what I typically see (arguably we have had those already...).

If those responsible can be persuaded to release the source code then guys and Lepi and Brian might get into cooking new flavours of the ROM in which case we might be lucky and get something like a Cyanogen Mod 12 (or 13 or...). This was one reason I bought my original Ainol tablet - it had very active community and active baking of 3rd party ROM. My china-clone phone, too, had an active community, though my it's now so old (nearly two years) that the activity has pretty much dried up. But hey, the ROM still works (Android 4.2.2).

One thing that persuaded me to buy the CUBE, in the end, was finding this forum with all the threads - particularly the lightly reworked ROM from Brian.
                    So, according to that....
                    What table would you buy right now? :-)

Comment

So, according to that....
                      What table would you buy right now? :-)
                      The cube - I have the black 32gb version. It combines good features at a very good price and it still has an active community. Even if development stops right now we have an up to date, reliable ROM on a tablet that does everything I need.

Happy punter.

Comment

ac0935p, I completely agree, more than this is 100% rock solid and has a very long battery life.
                        I don't feel any lack of performance/functionality on my tablet, I'm totally happy of it! (never happened with my previous PIPO tablet)
                        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

Well, the teclast air x98 3g sounds very promissing also...

Comment

Well, the teclast air x98 3g sounds very promissing also...
                              I think sounds is the key word in your statement. Does it have an active community? - if so go with it. There's no right answer, just a good answer that works for you.

Even though I'm a geek, I'm not a dogmatic geek...

Comment

Re: Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Originally posted by ac0935p View Post
                                I think sounds is the key word in your statement. Does it have an active community? - if so go with it. There's no right answer, just a good answer that works for you.

Even though I'm a geek, I'm not a dogmatic geek...
                                There is a community in xda...
                                And maybe for this cube there exists a great community but I still have the cube rk3188 u9gtv and after three updates, cube didnt do anything else, and I can assure you that the tablet is far from being optimized...

Comment

Working...
                                X