Cube Talk 9x U65GT ROM based on Cube's V 1.8 firmware of 3 September 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

I just bought a Talk 9X. It has a serial number 1503**** and contains the V2.0 update ( 20150114 ).

Very basic question, is it worth it to flash the custom ROM from this thread as it's based on 1.8 ?

I have installed Chrome and after a quick test it seems to work well.

I could also removed chinese apps except the following :
    - OneKeyDeleteApps - Don't know what it does?
    - and a chinese application (the logo is a white S within a red square). I could disable it though

Thanks for your reply

Comment

If you want a custom rom go for the lepi's one, it is not worth to switch back to 1.8!

If you root your device you can easily uninstall every app you wish
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
        If you want a custom rom go for the lepi's one, it is not worth to switch back to 1.8!

If you root your device you can easily uninstall every app you wish
        Thanks for the reply. I think I'll just root the device for now and remove these stranges apps.

Comment

Hi, I too just got myself a Talk 9X and have put lepis 2.0 image on there U65GT_V2.0.8LW_Lepi_150308.zip
          all was working fine, but i noticed that i can't get the ViperAudio mod to install, complaining about busybox, so I installed busybox using the installer from play store, but even after that said that it was installed, and a busybox installer confirmed it was, i can't get the audiomod to install, or appear to use TitaniumBackup or anything that uses BusyBox, am i missing something? i have never had issues like this with tablets before..thanks

Comment

Originally posted by karl0ss View Post
            Hi, I too just got myself a Talk 9X and have put lepis 2.0 image on there U65GT_V2.0.8LW_Lepi_150308.zip
            all was working fine, but i noticed that i can't get the ViperAudio mod to install, complaining about busybox, so I installed busybox using the installer from play store, but even after that said that it was installed, and a busybox installer confirmed it was, i can't get the audiomod to install, or appear to use TitaniumBackup or anything that uses BusyBox, am i missing something? i have never had issues like this with tablets before..thanks

You do know there's been two updates since the November ROM don't you? You'll have to put your Tablet to factory defaults to update, the ROM that shipped with your Tablet, the one available doesn't work :-/

You have to manually install viper 4android, It wasn't a problem installing on JB, it's never installed for me on Kitkat.

You have to add a few lines in system/etc/audio_effects.conf

Under libraries

v4a_fx {
            path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_jb.so
            }

under effects

v4a_standard_fx {
            library v4a_fx
            uuid 41d3c987-e6cf-11e3-a88a-11aba5d5c51b
            }

then save, extract vioer4android apk and in the assets folder rename libv4a_fx_jb_NEON_SQ.so to libv4a_fx_jb.so and copy that to system/lib/soundfx, then change the permissions to rw-r--r, same as the other files in that folder.

Hopefully it should now work, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Aimless View Post

You do know there's been two updates since the November ROM don't you? You'll have to put your Tablet to factory defaults to update, the ROM that shipped with your Tablet, the one available doesn't work :-/

You have to manually install viper 4android, It wasn't a problem installing on JB, it's never installed for me on Kitkat.

You have to add a few lines in system/etc/audio_effects.conf

Under libraries

v4a_fx {
              path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_jb.so
              }

under effects

v4a_standard_fx {
              library v4a_fx
              uuid 41d3c987-e6cf-11e3-a88a-11aba5d5c51b
              }

then save, extract vioer4android apk and in the assets folder rename libv4a_fx_jb_NEON_SQ.so to libv4a_fx_jb.so and copy that to system/lib/soundfx, then change the permissions to rw-r--r, same as the other files in that folder.

Hopefully it should now work, good luck
              Hey, thanks for this info, no I didn't know there was later ROM? Can you point me to a link? I went via the post on here with all the ROMs listed, and it appears this version, apart from the 2.0.9 release was the latest? What is the best ROM for me to run on it? Thank you for your time and help..

Comment

Silly question... does this ROM speed up the performance in relation to the stock 2.0?

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm a real noob to this, but I would like to flash Brian's ROM to my Cube Talk 9x U65GT.
                  The instructions in the download folder are very clear, but somehow I can't manage to get this done.

So what I'm experiencing is that flashtool will not start to download the files when I load in the scatter file.
                  I assumed this was because I didn't install the drivers yet. So when I try to install the drivers I follow this instruction:

"power off the Cube Talk 9x U65GT and connect to the PC. The PC should detect the U65GT and try to load in drivers, choose to locate the drivers yourself and browse to the Drivers Folder and install"

When I power off my device and connect it, nothing happens at all. I just see the standard "battery loading" image on the screen of the tablet. My pc isn't detecting the device.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
                  Mazmo

Comment

Hello, greeting everyone and a special greeting to 'friend giouncino.

I own personally Cube Talk 9X that works perfectly and I am very happy.
                    I am doing the repair technician, but I have to say that these Cube Talk 9X, I think that may have a defect that appears the same in all those I have hand and until now have four, all with the same problem.

The defect consists in the fact that at a certain point, the tablet dies. Not light, no longer charge, is not recognized by the PC, in other words totally dead.
                    All this due to the charging circuit the battery pack.

And 'it demonstrated that by disconnecting the battery from the circuit and loading it apart, linking it to the motherboard, the tablet becomes fully functional.
                    If you do not want to send them back to China, we should make sure to procure these circuits charger.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hello rover, happy to see you here,
                      my boss have a cube talk 9x with this kind of issue but this happened only after he dropped his tablet!

I made a little research about the board you mentioned on your post and it costs 45€ on aliexpress. It's quite expensive....
                      By boss destreyed the glass too so in his case it was not worth to spend 45€ for a broken tablet. So he finally bought another talk 9x (even if I suggested him to switch to the newer teclast T98 or P98)
                      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Hi ... I tried to flash my tablet but yellow bar in SP FlashTool stops at 73% ... any advice ? thanx

Comment

Hey people! Thank you for this wonderful resource. I was wondering if somebody can help me with this issue:

I rooted the u65gt just fine. Went ahead and tried to make MTKdroidtools see the tablet in windows, but despite my best efforts, including completely removing USB drivers via special tools and reinstalling, I cannot get the program to work. Smartphone flash tool also gives me an error when trying to connect.

So I went ahead and downloaded uncle tools and tried to flash to a custom recovery through that. However, any of the .img files I throw at the app just give me the error "invalid comand" when I restart the device and the flash process starts.

Any ideas on how to bypass?

Comment

Hi i am trying to make the tablet to power on on charger.Anyone noes which file is the battery animation so i can add the appropriate code?

Comment

CAMERA: Camera was working with original tab. I tried to root 9x and was successful to work around an issue with keyboard. External keyboard worked. Camera stopped working, IMEI gone. I restored system got back IMEI. Cleared cache. Camera never worked. It showed Can't access Gallery. Later, 'Can't connect to Camera'. Did a *#66# to test camera. Camera failed. Did a factory reset. and now the Camera app too is gone. I can now download camera aps from playstore but none work. What to do now ? Should I install another ROM, Is there any Camera driver available? Should I update to new Android version.... ? Kindly help!

Comment

Originally posted by ADB user View Post
                                CAMERA: Camera was working with original tab. I tried to root 9x and was successful to work around an issue with keyboard. External keyboard worked. Camera stopped working, IMEI gone. I restored system got back IMEI. Cleared cache. Camera never worked. It showed Can't access Gallery. Later, 'Can't connect to Camera'. Did a *#66# to test camera. Camera failed. Did a factory reset. and now the Camera app too is gone. I can now download camera aps from playstore but none work. What to do now ? Should I install another ROM, Is there any Camera driver available? Should I update to new Android version.... ? Kindly help!

I am having the exact same problem. To make it worse, the MID of the tablet became "MID" which means I can not flash from the about tablet menu since it just tells me "This package is for a UG..... not a MID".

I can not flash from the flash tool since the tablet just chain connects and disconnects from the preloader.

I am stumped and without a camera! haaaalp!

Comment

Working...
                                X