TWRP for minix x6, tv110, Beelink s85 and Acemax MXQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike808
    Guys, is there some special trick to restoring a twrp backup? I have MXQ HD18Q, I made a full backup using the latest twrp recovery for it, so I could flash back to the stock rom if I didn't like the one I was going to flash. Now, it seems whenever i flash back the stock twrp backup the device goes into some kind of bootloop where the mxq logo flashes and disappears, the device doesn't boot up anymore. I can get into the twrp recovery no problem, however, it's not properly restoring the image. I have to flash the new firmware which works fine, but that firmware has issues with ethernet and wifi getting randomly disconnected. Please help on how I can restore my backup. I really need to flash back the stock rom.
    If twrp can't restore the backup properly you can flash your stock rom the normal way. Just download the stock rom from Acemax and install it.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
      Guys, is there some special trick to restoring a twrp backup? I have MXQ HD18Q, I made a full backup using the latest twrp recovery for it, so I could flash back to the stock rom if I didn't like the one I was going to flash. Now, it seems whenever i flash back the stock twrp backup the device goes into some kind of bootloop where the mxq logo flashes and disappears, the device doesn't boot up anymore. I can get into the twrp recovery no problem, however, it's not properly restoring the image. I have to flash the new firmware which works fine, but that firmware has issues with ethernet and wifi getting randomly disconnected. Please help on how I can restore my backup. I really need to flash back the stock rom.
      Let me get this right.
      You are using the latest version, the one that backup's internalSD, and you did a backup with it.
      Them you flashed another rom, and now on restoring the said backup with the same TWRP version that you did the backup, you get a bootloop ?
      if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
      then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
      $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

Let me get this right.
        You are using the latest version, the one that backup's internalSD, and you did a backup with it.
        Them you flashed another rom, and now on restoring the said backup with the same TWRP version that you did the backup, you get a bootloop ?

Yes, I did a backup of the stock rom and then flashed another newer rom from acemax, however, the acemax rom has problems with ethernet disconnecting ramdomly. So, I want to go back to the stock rom but can't because after a restore the box goes into a boot loop like situation where the mxq logo just flashes and then there is no signal.

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post

Yes, I did a backup of the stock rom and then flashed another newer rom from acemax, however, the acemax rom has problems with ethernet disconnecting ramdomly. So, I want to go back to the stock rom but can't because after a restore the box goes into a boot loop like situation where the mxq logo just flashes and then there is no signal.
          Did you wipe internal storage before restoring ? If not try again after wiping storage and also wipe cache and dalvik.
          If it still hangs upload the recovery.log from the restore session, please.

I tested the same situation, restoring a backup after flashing a different rom on my s82b and had no problems and everything was like it was prior to flashing the new rom.
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

I didn't use the newest recovery.img because with it I can't get into recovery no matter what. The recovery image that I used was in a zip package named: recovery_s805_v1.zip. because it let me boot into twrp recovery. The latest one won't let me.

Could it be that my box is a clone? because I flashed the latest may version of acemax firmware on it from may of this year, but it's having issues with ethernet disconnecting, i spoke to someone at acemax on aliexpress and they said most likely my box is a clone. There is one image here that works with my box and fixes the disconnect issues but it doesn't have any google play store on it. I need an andoid image that will fix diconnect issue and also have google play. The stock firmware that came with the box did not have the disconnect issue however, it was not a true 1080p output as kodi and xbmc showed max resolution of 720p even though in android settings it was set up 1080p. I did open up the box and it looks like it's using a realtek wifi chipset, don't know what the original ones use.

Comment

I think i used this version of recovery Version 2.8.4.0. which is in a zip package. For some reason the latest image that's posted in the op doesn't let me get into recovery no matter what.

Comment

Any chance that the recovery I made might still be useable?

Comment

What do you mean by ".. doesn't let me get into recovery .." ? it just reboots, you get a blanck image ....

The backup should be ok, but kodi/xbmc configs will not be restore.

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                    What do you mean by ".. doesn't let me get into recovery .." ? it just reboots, you get a blanck image ....

The backup should be ok, but kodi/xbmc configs will not be restore.

I first downloaded this recovery image: Version 2.8.6.0-2 which is said to be the newest one, however, when I boot up with that image in my sdcard and also press the reset button as usual it doesn't boot to recovery, the image I downloaded was for the all black mxq a.k.a. HD18Q. I than downloaded a zip file which is v1 with all the recovery images for s805 chipset, I used the HD18Q image and it worked fine, it boot into the twrp recovery console. I did a full backup using that, however, when I try to restore using the same recovery image after I press reboot to system, it just flickers on reboot to the MXq logo screen and then screen says no signal, and after a while it flickers again, but doesn't boot up.

Also, I'm confused if my HD18Q is actually a clone, because it does have the L shaped board inside like the original, it also has a small heatsink glued to the cpu chip. Also the ethernet port orientation is exactly like the original, I had read that on some clones the ethernet was upside down.

Another thing could be that the latest twrp recovery.img I downloaded could be corrupt. Because when I went to download it today again, the site is giving an error. If someone could please reupload it and post a link here, I can give it another try.

Comment

Originally posted by mike808

I first downloaded this recovery image: Version 2.8.6.0-2 which is said to be the newest one, however, when I boot up with that image in my sdcard and also press the reset button as usual it doesn't boot to recovery, the image I downloaded was for the all black mxq a.k.a. HD18Q. I than downloaded a zip file which is v1 with all the recovery images for s805 chipset, I used the HD18Q image and it worked fine, it boot into the twrp recovery console. I did a full backup using that, however, when I try to restore using the same recovery image after I press reboot to system, it just flickers on reboot to the MXq logo screen and then screen says no signal, and after a while it flickers again, but doesn't boot up.

Also, I'm confused if my HD18Q is actually a clone, because it does have the L shaped board inside like the original, it also has a small heatsink glued to the cpu chip. Also the ethernet port orientation is exactly like the original, I had read that on some clones the ethernet was upside down.

Another thing could be that the latest twrp recovery.img I downloaded could be corrupt. Because when I went to download it today again, the site is giving an error. If someone could please reupload it and post a link here, I can give it another try.
                      Let me check it and i will upload it again.
                      There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                        Let me check it and i will upload it again.

Yes, thanks as I am as well getting an error downloading the 2.8.6.0-2 for the MXQ Acemax.

Comment

Updated First post with new link for MXQ's Twrp

Twrp 2.8.6.0-2 for MXQ Acemax
                          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Can anyone please help me with a TWRP issue? I followed this advice to change ROM for my Amlogic m201 MBOX based box ("Ditter U20" from gearbest):

It mostly worked - I got it rooted, and the custom Csgabe's ROM installed fine, using just the MBOX firmware update setting. I also backed up the original ROM using the TWRP for Tv110 (most recent version posted here in OP).

Then I tried the second ROM in the link above, Daemonium Stane Mode, which is also for m201, like my original ROM and the Csgabe's ROM. It is oldest among the three. It didn't work well (no audio), and the built-in Update setting no longer worked - so I couldn't change the firmware to another third party one.

Then I tried TWRP. When I do "reboot recovery" with the Tv110 TWRP SD card, TWRP does boot, but when I run "Install" for another ROM on that card, it fails, with the error message something about "wrong model": k200 versus m201.

My box is m201; all the firmware I tried are also m201, but TWRP thinks my model is wrong. It looks like TWRP only likes "k200" ROMs.

Is there an easy fix for that? Is it possible to disable TWRP's checking for the "correct" model number? I know that the ROM I am trying to install is the correct one (m201).

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pulsar123
                              Can anyone please help me with a TWRP issue? I followed this advice to change ROM for my Amlogic m201 MBOX based box ("Ditter U20" from gearbest):

It mostly worked - I got it rooted, and the custom Csgabe's ROM installed fine, using just the MBOX firmware update setting. I also backed up the original ROM using the TWRP for Tv110 (most recent version posted here in OP).

Then I tried the second ROM in the link above, Daemonium Stane Mode, which is also for m201, like my original ROM and the Csgabe's ROM. It is oldest among the three. It didn't work well (no audio), and the built-in Update setting no longer worked - so I couldn't change the firmware to another third party one.

Then I tried TWRP. When I do "reboot recovery" with the Tv110 TWRP SD card, TWRP does boot, but when I run "Install" for another ROM on that card, it fails, with the error message something about "wrong model": k200 versus m201.

My box is m201; all the firmware I tried are also m201, but TWRP thinks my model is wrong. It looks like TWRP only likes "k200" ROMs.

Is there an easy fix for that? Is it possible to disable TWRP's checking for the "correct" model number? I know that the ROM I am trying to install is the correct one (m201).

Thanks!
                              Yes there's an easy fix for that. Will work on it tonight.

As a side note, my rom is only meant for tv110. You can think ditter and tv110 are the same device but in fact they are not. They share some specs, but thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                                Yes there's an easy fix for that. Will work on it tonight.

As a side note, my rom is only meant for tv110. You can think ditter and tv110 are the same device but in fact they are not. They share some specs, but thats all.
                                Thanks, I am looking forward to the fix!

Comment

Working...
                                X