TWRP for minix x6, tv110, Beelink s85 and Acemax MXQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pulsar123 View Post

Thanks, I am looking forward to the fix!
    Try this one and let me know if it works
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
      Try this one and let me know if it works
      https://mega.co.nz/#!aUp3ACQa!hAqaPJ...ajOWhPTpENAcgE
      Thanks, I'll try it, but before I do can you please explain a couple of points (I want to know what are the chances of me bricking my box)?

- I used your "k200" TWRP to backup my original ROM, for model "m201" - is it usable at all? It created the backup in /data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/k200 , I copied it to SD card. If I copy it back, in the same location, but under different firmware (which is yours I believe), can I use TWRP to restore my original ROM safely? Will it even find it? Or the backup is probably already screwed up because of the difference in models between TWRP and my box?

I can see the backup consists of a bunch of files with *.win extension - are these *.img just renamed, or they have a different format? Here is the list:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 51 May 23 22:14 ubootenv.mtd.win.md5
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 65536 May 23 22:14 ubootenv.mtd.win
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 53 May 23 22:14 bootloader.mtd.win.md5
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 1048576 May 23 22:14 bootloader.mtd.win
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 48 May 23 22:14 logo.emmc.win.md5
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 33554432 May 23 22:14 logo.emmc.win
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 33554432 May 23 22:14 recovery.emmc.win
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 52 May 23 22:14 recovery.emmc.win.md5
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 57 May 23 22:14 cache.info
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 49 May 23 22:14 cache.ext4.win.md5
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 60416 May 23 22:14 cache.ext4.win
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 48 May 23 22:14 boot.emmc.win.md5
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 33554432 May 23 22:14 boot.emmc.win
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 64 May 23 22:15 system.info
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 509665792 May 23 22:15 system.ext4.win
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 50 May 23 22:16 system.ext4.win.md5
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 64 May 23 22:17 data.info
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 724957696 May 23 22:17 data.ext4.win
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 48 May 23 22:18 data.ext4.win.md5
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 1817062 May 23 22:18 recovery.log

It looks like my data, system, and cache partitions are of ext4 type, kernel etc is "mtd" and "emmc".

In "recovery.log" created by TWRP there is a detailed listing of all the partitions it found, e.g.

/recovery | /dev/block/recovery | Size: 32MB
      Flags: Can_Be_Backed_Up IsPresent Can_Flash_Img
      Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/recovery
      Display_Name: Recovery
      Storage_Name: recovery
      Backup_Path: /recovery
      Backup_Name: recovery
      Backup_Display_Name: Recovery
      Storage_Path: /recovery
      Current_File_System: emmc
      Fstab_File_System: emmc
      Backup_Method: dd

Perhaps I am naive, but can I simply rename recovery.emmc*win created by TWRP to recovery.img, copy it to external SD, and run "reboot recovery" from MBOX GUI? Or it is an internal TWRP format? This line in recovery.log suggests that the recovery*.win file is a bit-to-bit copy of the recovery partition:

I:dd if=/dev/block/recovery of='/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/k200/2015-05-23--09-14-47_KOT49H.20150320.V0823_test-keys//recovery.emmc.win' bs=33554432 count=1 process ended with RC=0

Perhaps I can reverse that command? What if I run as root

dd if='/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/k200/2015-05-23--09-14-47_KOT49H.20150320.V0823_test-keys//recovery.emmc.win' of=/dev/block/recovery bs=33554432 count=1

Should I unmount /dev/block/recovery first?

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
        Updated First post with new link for MXQ's Twrp

Twrp 2.8.6.0-2 for MXQ Acemax
        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Ok, this one works good, I was able to make a backup and restore it as well, however, it will not restore the backup I made with the older recovery. Wonder if there is a trick to restoring that?

Do you have to flash that particular firmware before you restore the image? Because I don't have the stock firmware that came with on the device, I just made a recovery backup but using older recovery image v1 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by pulsar123 View Post

Thanks, I'll try it, but before I do can you please explain a couple of points (I want to know what are the chances of me bricking my box)?

- I used your "k200" TWRP to backup my original ROM, for model "m201" - is it usable at all? It created the backup in /data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/k200 , I copied it to SD card. If I copy it back, in the same location, but under different firmware (which is yours I believe), can I use TWRP to restore my original ROM safely? Will it even find it? Or the backup is probably already screwed up because of the difference in models between TWRP and my box?

I can see the backup consists of a bunch of files with *.win extension - are these *.img just renamed, or they have a different format? Here is the list:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 51 May 23 22:14 ubootenv.mtd.win.md5
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 65536 May 23 22:14 ubootenv.mtd.win
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 53 May 23 22:14 bootloader.mtd.win.md5
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 1048576 May 23 22:14 bootloader.mtd.win
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 48 May 23 22:14 logo.emmc.win.md5
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 33554432 May 23 22:14 logo.emmc.win
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 33554432 May 23 22:14 recovery.emmc.win
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 52 May 23 22:14 recovery.emmc.win.md5
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 57 May 23 22:14 cache.info
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 49 May 23 22:14 cache.ext4.win.md5
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 60416 May 23 22:14 cache.ext4.win
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 48 May 23 22:14 boot.emmc.win.md5
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 33554432 May 23 22:14 boot.emmc.win
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 64 May 23 22:15 system.info
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 509665792 May 23 22:15 system.ext4.win
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 50 May 23 22:16 system.ext4.win.md5
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 64 May 23 22:17 data.info
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 724957696 May 23 22:17 data.ext4.win
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 48 May 23 22:18 data.ext4.win.md5
          -rwxr-xr-x 1 Administrators None 1817062 May 23 22:18 recovery.log

It looks like my data, system, and cache partitions are of ext4 type, kernel etc is "mtd" and "emmc".

In "recovery.log" created by TWRP there is a detailed listing of all the partitions it found, e.g.

/recovery | /dev/block/recovery | Size: 32MB
          Flags: Can_Be_Backed_Up IsPresent Can_Flash_Img
          Primary_Block_Device: /dev/block/recovery
          Display_Name: Recovery
          Storage_Name: recovery
          Backup_Path: /recovery
          Backup_Name: recovery
          Backup_Display_Name: Recovery
          Storage_Path: /recovery
          Current_File_System: emmc
          Fstab_File_System: emmc
          Backup_Method: dd

Perhaps I am naive, but can I simply rename recovery.emmc*win created by TWRP to recovery.img, copy it to external SD, and run "reboot recovery" from MBOX GUI? Or it is an internal TWRP format? This line in recovery.log suggests that the recovery*.win file is a bit-to-bit copy of the recovery partition:

I:dd if=/dev/block/recovery of='/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/k200/2015-05-23--09-14-47_KOT49H.20150320.V0823_test-keys//recovery.emmc.win' bs=33554432 count=1 process ended with RC=0

Perhaps I can reverse that command? What if I run as root

dd if='/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/k200/2015-05-23--09-14-47_KOT49H.20150320.V0823_test-keys//recovery.emmc.win' of=/dev/block/recovery bs=33554432 count=1

Should I unmount /dev/block/recovery first?

As long you use the same TWRP version and keep the folder structure your backup should me good.

You can rename any backup file with the extension emmc.win or mtd.win to .img file, keep in mind that the file is a copy of all the partition space including empty space. The other format is tar, just rename ext4.win to .tar and uncompress it to poke around.

recovery isn't mounted.
          if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
          then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
          $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post

Ok, this one works good, I was able to make a backup and restore it as well, however, it will not restore the backup I made with the older recovery. Wonder if there is a trick to restoring that?

Do you have to flash that particular firmware before you restore the image? Because I don't have the stock firmware that came with on the device, I just made a recovery backup but using older recovery image v1 I believe.
            The backups between this new version, that backups internal SDcard, and the previous versions aren't inter changeable. I had to edit a little the source and so they are incompatible.
            if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post

The backups between this new version, that backups internal SDcard, and the previous versions aren't inter changeable. I had to edit a little the source and so they are incompatible.
              That's what I thought too. Initially I had downloaded the latest version but I think the file might have been corrupt, as it wouldn't allow me to boot into recovery. That's the reason I ended up using the v1 recovery zip which looks like it's the oldest one. However, the recent recovery file posted by daemonium works great, it boots fine into recovery, backs up fine and restores fine including the internal sd card files for kodi/xbmc, which is great.

Also, i really don't need the stock firmware that came with device anymore as I have found a true 1080p firmware for this device that also solves the wifi/ethernet disconnect issues and also has google play store, that was missing in an another firmware someone had posted which solved the connection issues but didn't include play store. This is the firmware: DP-S805-Firmware-1.5.zip, if you google it you should be able to find it easily. Works great, no disconnect issues and includes google plays store and it's true 1080p.

Comment

I have a question, say if I have OpenElec installed on this box, can I flash my Android backup using TWRP without first flashing the actual Android firmware? Do and Android restore on a box with OpenElec? Is it possible?

Comment

You want to know if you can restore a TWRP backup to switch from openelec to android ?
                  On my box it's possible. On yours it depends on if TWRP can see all partitions, namely bootloader and boot. If there's no errors on log about size, can't find size, them you are OK.
                  Of course at your own risk 😀

Tapatalked from my U8 running CM11

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
                    You want to know if you can restore a TWRP backup to switch from openelec to android ?
                    On my box it's possible. On yours it depends on if TWRP can see all partitions, namely bootloader and boot. If there's no errors on log about size, can't find size, them you are OK.
                    Of course at your own risk 😀

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks. I'm going to give it a try and report back here. Abdul, can you please tell me before you restore a twrp backup, what kind of wipe should you do? A simple wipe, wipe data, or advanced wipe and wipe all the partitions including internal storage, but excluding external storage? What's the best option?

Comment

If you use the new version, that backups internalSD wipe internal storage. TWRP before restoring wipes the partitions so there's no need for another wipe, on the new version i didn't make it wipe the internalSD for safety wipe internal storage but i already restore several times without doing it.

Comment

Alright, here's an update, I'm using the latest twrp recovery version posted by daemonium recently for the MXQ HD18Q which works for me, however, I just got another brand new box, which I made a backup of using the twrp, which went well, than I flashed the backup of another rom which I prefer which also goes well in twrp recovery, however, upon reboot, there is black screen and then boot logo flashes and than disappears, black screen again, however, I can still get back into twrp recovery by pressing the reset button, and can flash the stock rom backup that I had just made. However, to flash the other rom backup I want I first have to flash the actual firmware for that rom first, only than will the twrp backup work, but than I can't get back to the stock rom because restoring the backup I made with twrp recovery doesn't work anymore, because I don't have the factory stock rom firmware, only the backup I made with twrp recovery.

I thought the whole point of twrp recovery was to be able to flash different roms, but it seems like you have to flash the actual firmware for the said backup first and only than can the restore of the same twrp backup work.

Comment

Is there error on recovery log from restore ? Or better just upload it
                          Is bootloader being backup/restore ?

Let's see if we can find something.

Comment

Where do I find the log? Also, when restore is finished it says successful, without any errors, however, upon reboot to system, it's in a loop/flash situation. Also, when I go into twrp recovery and do only internal storage wipe under advanced wipe I get error 255 something about not being able to mount, however, if I do a simple wipe (factory reset) and then do the advanced internal storage wipe then it's good. I have also tried wiping all other partitions too before doing the restore, and that doesn't yield any positive results either. Oh, by the way, where do I find the recovery.log from restore?

I really appreciate all your help abdul thanks again.

Comment

After restore goto advance and click on copy log to SD option.
                              That "error" is not important and was been fixed. Not really an error more a misplaced line.

Comment

Also, get these messages in red when it's restoring, or wiping: E: unable to find partition size for bootloader and ubootenv, before that it says E: find file error opening /sys/class/leds/lcd-backlight. I don't know if that really means anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X