This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Don't get anything larger than 32GB SDcard! Larger wont work as it cannot be formatted FAT32 and has to be formatted EXTFAT or NTFS.

Bob
    Bob,

SUCCESS! SUCCESS! SUCCESS!

Thank you and the thread guru for all your help!

My TELOS is back from the dead and working 100% - with Finless 1.1 Beta!

Here is exactly my setup for the SD Card method of updating the "dead" Draco:

Windows 8.1 64 Bit PC
    Sandisk Extreme Plus SDHC UHS-I Card *(80MB/s designed for the demands of 4K UHD Video)
    Insignia Multi-Format USB 3.0 Card Reader Model NS-CR20A1

Card and reader were purchased at local BestBuy store.

The writing of your ROM with Phoenix Tools 3.09 went like glass!

It wrote from the card in about 90 seconds and the Draco powered down, I rebooted, and all is perfect!

One bit of help, which version of XBMC can be recommended?

Again, thanks for all the hand-holding as I "went nuts" yesterday.

Cheers,

Gary

Comment

stock rom flash failing

Hello guys
      I have burned the stock rom to SD card and tried to flash it 3 times, each time the progress bar stops at about 2/5 the way, and I wait for 15 minutes, but it does not go further.

Any ideas?
      I assume the SD burn was fine, since it said it was fine...

Any clues?
      tx
      Mark
      Out: USB audio, HDMI
      In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

@140Hours, glad to see you're up and running finally.

Looks like we can dub the SD card method the Lazarus method...

For XBMC, I use TVMC (the best Gotham 13.2 performance I've found) or Helix RC3 (fast, but some fav addons don't quite work yet).

@Mark, try another SD card. Yours may have completed the write stage but may still have an unreadable sector or two.

If you don't have another card handy, use the 'format to normal' option in Phoenix card to restore your card to standard format, then write the rom to it again.

A slow card as basic as my Transcend HC 8gb works every time.
        Last edited by Zahir; 01-04-2015, 22:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
          @Mark, try another SD card. Yours may have completed the write stage but may still have an unreadable sector or two.

If you don't have another card handy, use the 'format to normal' option in Phoenix card to restore your card to standard format, then write the rom to it again.
          Thanks... what worked, oddly, was reformatting the SD card and burning the image again... this time it completed the operation. Very strange. I guess the Phoenix burn success message is not entirely true!

cheers mate
          Mark
          Out: USB audio, HDMI
          In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Comment

Originally posted by DiZet View Post
            ... I get all the success messages but when I check the cards they are empty. ...
            Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            FYI, no need to place the img at the partition, because PhoenixCard (v3.0.9) place it in front of the partition (I think also in front of the MBR) like the SD Card Maker at Amlogic devices (not the whole img but the uboot)...
            => so you can't see it at the SD but you can recognize that the size of the SD decreases...
            To get back the original size you have to reformat it...
            e.g. with
            - HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3
            - SD Formatter https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Don't get anything larger than 32GB SDcard! Larger wont work as it cannot be formatted FAT32 and has to be formatted EXTFAT or NTFS.

Bob
              => http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...fat-fat32.html
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by 140hours View Post
                :
                Sandisk Extreme Plus SDHC UHS-I Card *(80MB/s designed for the demands of 4K UHD Video)
                Insignia Multi-Format USB 3.0 Card Reader Model NS-CR20A1
                :
                Also works:
                32 GB QUMOX 80MB/s Class 10 UHS-I SD *
                Transcend TS-RDF5K (USB 3.0)

* cheap and fast, specially at QD
                Code:
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo
                                           Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                * MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read :    83.141 MB/s
                          Sequential Write :    37.997 MB/s
                         Random Read 512KB :    76.374 MB/s
                        Random Write 512KB :    33.183 MB/s
                    Random Read 4KB (QD=1) :     5.274 MB/s [  1287.6 IOPS]
                   Random Write 4KB (QD=1) :     1.050 MB/s [   256.3 IOPS]
                   Random Read 4KB (QD=32) :     6.490 MB/s [  1584.5 IOPS]
                  Random Write 4KB (QD=32) :     1.356 MB/s [   331.0 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [H: 0.0% (0.0/29.9 GB)] (x2)
                I ordered it in hope that we get Linux on/from SD
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  Did you test guiformat and make sure that Android will still use 64GB SDcard formatted FAT32?

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

no...
                    But I think it isn't a problem to read and write sd > 32GB with FAT32...
                    extFAT is 'only' defined by SD Association (SDA) at sd > 32GB as mandatory feature...
                    => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDXC
                    (somewhere at a German page I read something about that the argument by SDA for extFAT at SDXC was that FAT32 wouldn't be safe/good/stable enough at > 32GB...but come on, who knows, why they really defined it as a mandatory feature???)
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Alternative Flash Method

I thought that the MINIX X8 H was meant to be super reliable, at least that's what all the reviews I have seen on YouTube have said. This is not the case?

Comment

Burn image to SD card on MAC OS

Hi,

Any tool for burning the image to SD with a MAC ?? (I cannot get hold of any Windows machine).
                        I have used terminal but after burning the image successfully the draco does not react to the SD card and boots normally.

I use a Sandisk Extreme class 6 4G, formatted to EXTFAT and I get this message after bruning the image

1201614+0 records in
                        1201614+0 records out
                        615226368 bytes transferred in 352.150322 secs (1747056 bytes/sec)

Thanks!

Comment

Alternative Flash Method

Originally posted by rdaussa View Post
                          Hi,

Any tool for burning the image to SD with a MAC ?? (I cannot get hold of any Windows machine).
                          I have used terminal but after burning the image successfully the draco does not react to the SD card and boots normally.

I use a Sandisk Extreme class 6 4G, formatted to EXTFAT and I get this message after bruning the image

1201614+0 records in
                          1201614+0 records out
                          615226368 bytes transferred in 352.150322 secs (1747056 bytes/sec)

Thanks!
                          Your way is not good. Find yourself a Windows PC and follow the instructions on the first page. It's a special way to burn that IMG file on SD card.

Comment

Try windows using boot camp

Comment

Livesuite for mac found here: http://dl.cubieboard.org/model/cc-a8...irmware-tools/

Comment

flash method

Iv just flashed finless bobs 1.1 for the Draco to sd card using PhoenixCard v309. The PhoenixCard should be set to product when burning to sd card. so if any thing should happen to the Rom i have on already i just restart my box with the sd card in & boots up with finless 1.1 on my box. It saves have to connect it to a PC when some think goes wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X