No announcement yet.

NEW - MK808B-Plus - Finless ROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else got an issue using the onscreen keyboard when using TWRP - when trying to "format data" the onscreen keyboard pops up asking you to type YES to confirm the action, but simply speaking, it don't work, tried it on a monitor and TV at different resolutions and still no go, just wondering if it's something we are missing or if it's a common issue?
    Team UX
    http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

First, Finless thank you for another great ROM (you have made many of these android sticks really usable). I use es explorer over wifi with mx player to play videos off a shared folder. For some reason mx player keeps crashing after playing a video for a while, is anyone one else having this problem? Don't have a problem with Netflix so I don't feel that it's a wifi signal drop issue.

Comment

Excellent Rom, but I have WiFi problem

Hi,
        A few days ago I received MK808B-plus stick, I soon put Finless 1.1 Rom. What a relief after a lot of problems with stick with RK3188 chip. Everything works perfectly...
        But I have a problem with WiFi. Working at full speed, half hour, hour, sometimes 2 hours. Then the speed drops to around 1Mbps. I have to turn off and turn on WiFi to come back normal speed of Internet.
        Or put the my phone next to the stick and run Internet speed test. Then stick also come back to normal WiFi speed...?

Any idea how to fix it?

In build.prop I found these values for WiFi:
        ro.wifi.channels=11
        #wifi.interface=ra0
        # Time between scans in seconds. Keep it high to minimize battery drain.
        # This only affects the case in which there are remembered access points,
        # but none are in range.
        #wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 60

Do I have to change a value, that WiFi work constantly at full speed?

Sorry my bad English, Thanks,

Comment

First, thank you Finless for this ROM. Work well !

I want to use this stick on my projector (Acer K135), it native resolution is 1280*800 (not 1280*720). Any chance to manualy change the resolution of this stick ? I have try many thing (edit build.prop, modify system/bin/set_displaymode.sh ...) but nothing works !

I have same problem with WIFI, if connection is not very very good, connection is lost. I will try with original ROM to see if it hardware or software problem. Maybe TCP buffer modifications in init.rc is the problem.

If you use mele F10 deluxe remote (great hardware), by default some buttons are not well configured in android. See this video for the solution (tested and approved):
          Download Vendor_1915_Product_0196.kl file from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aalxtb0rjp2mgxc/Vendor_1915_Product_0196.kl?dl=0If You have F10 Pro Air mouse then ...

(Sorry for my English )

Comment

If you connect the USB dongle for your Mele F10 directly to a USB connector on the stick, this could be the cause for your WIFI problems because these dongles can interfer with WIFI. Try to connect it via a USB extension cable and see if this helps.

Comment

Yes, it is connected via a USB extension cable 80 cm away from the stick.
              The problem is that the signal is excellent for a while, then drastically slow down.

I don't understand why it come back to normal when next to him works WiFi from one phone. Only from this phone, when I try it with others, the signal does not improve...???

Comment

airplay

newbie question!
                cannot find the airplay function
                try to stream my iphone to this little guy.
                much appreciated if anyone can help!
                thx!

Comment

Tried this rom with 2 sticks and in our casual observations WIFI does seem to be more unstable than running stock. It seems to us that download speeds when downloading large files can fluctuate wildly, this does not seem to happen when using either of the stock roms.

Like we said this is based on casual observations, rather than any kind of methodical testing.
                  Apart from this one issue, everything else about this ROM seems perfect.
                  Team UX
                  http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

@darko

try to turn off bluetooth and see how crowded is your wifi neighborhood (maybe switching channel might help)
                    WeTek Play
                    Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
                    Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
                    KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
                    Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Bluetooth is turned off, with WiFi Analyzer app I watched which channels are free ... I tried all the channels (1-11), the same problem ...

Comment

Originally posted by darko150 View Post
                        Thanks for the advice. Bluetooth is turned off, with WiFi Analyzer app I watched which channels are free ... I tried all the channels (1-11), the same problem ...
                        Check with different power supply. Ordered 10 and 2 had bad power adapters.
                        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Oh boy oh boy oh boy...what a piece of crap on an hardware even running this rom.

I remember now why I ended up selling a Tronsmart a few years back only a couple of weeks after purchase. I knew this pieces of junk are not stable and fully optimized but this time, I thought that it'd do fine for emulation only. For anything HD playback related, the Raspberry Pi is just far more superior thanks to the community support.

So I'm trying to set it up and it takes 10 tries to finally activate my Google account because the 2-Step verification wouldn't load the browser page where I have to put my security code. It took 10 tries for the Play Store to finally show anything more than a blank page. And now, it's been downloading RetroArch for the last half hour. It's reaching now 1 mo downloaded...of 49 mo, even with a 3 bars on my wifi icon.

Time to unplug it the ****er and sell it to a fool who won't know what a shitty hardware he's purchasing.

Back to set-up my Pi 2. THAT'S hardware with proper software support.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyBiker View Post
                            Oh boy oh boy oh boy...what a piece of crap on an hardware even running this rom.

I remember now why I ended up selling a Tronsmart a few years back only a couple of weeks after purchase. I knew this pieces of junk are not stable and fully optimized but this time, I thought that it'd do fine for emulation only. For anything HD playback related, the Raspberry Pi is just far more superior thanks to the community support.

So I'm trying to set it up and it takes 10 tries to finally activate my Google account because the 2-Step verification wouldn't load the browser page where I have to put my security code. It took 10 tries for the Play Store to finally show anything more than a blank page. And now, it's been downloading RetroArch for the last half hour. It's reaching now 1 mo downloaded...of 49 mo, even with a 3 bars on my wifi icon.

Time to unplug it the ****er and sell it to a fool who won't know what a shitty hardware he's purchasing.

I've bought 3 units and none has this problems. I think your unit is defective. I use Kodi+KMediaTorrent to stream fullhd movies and it works just perfect. Any problems with PlayStore

Comment

... sell it to a fool who won't know what a shitty hardware he's purchasing...
                              Do you realize how many GOOD and not FOOL people, who bought this device, you just offended ?
                              This is not nice !

Comment

NEW - MK808B-Plus - Finless ROM 1.1

I replaced my Raspberry Pi B with the MK808B+ and flashed it with Unofficial OpenELEC which you can find on here and it is very good, you have Mali-450 GPU. The raspberry Pi 2 has the same GPU as previous Pi's for backward compatibility and running Raspbmc & OpenELEC will output video at just under 10fps whereas OpenELEC on MK808B+ will output just under 25fps with better colours from Mali-450 which supports H265 whereas PI2 does not. Just a few thoughts that I hope are a help to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X