X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DiRKiNg View Post
      How I can to force the apps in landscape mode? Some of them are in mobile view and this is annoying...
      Set Orientation app in Google Play Store fixes this annoying problem.

Comment

Device is only rebooting

Hi,

I feel really stupid. I updated from Stock to Finless ROM1.0, an thought another update to 1.1 should be easy.

I tried Update Option 1-4 but the Device only Reboots. Also when I try a Factory Reset nothing happens except a reboot. I also tried different SD cards without any effect. Any recommendations?

Regards, Matthias

Comment

MK808B Plus booting to 1080p most of the time, and booting to 720p sometimes on the same TV

I have MK808B Plus for quite a while now. With Finless 1.1, it's working great with a Samsung 1080p TV. The boot image has been always showing 1080p.

But for the past two weeks, when I turn it on, sometimes, the boot image will show 720p. And the screen scale will also get bigger (image bigger than TV screen) after using it for a while, even though the screen scale is just fit when it just boots up.

What can cause this problem?
          MK808B Plus, MK908II

Comment

Ethernet

Hi.
            I cannot get Ethernet to connect I have tried 2 separate usb-to-Ethernet adapters and am using a static ip. All I ever see is 'connecting'. Can anyone help ?

thanks

Comment

While writing Connecting attempt to replug UTP cable from adapter. On my MK808B+ then engage Internet connection
              Last edited by darko150; 03-30-2015, 22:00.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya View Post
                Set Orientation app in Google Play Store fixes this annoying problem.
                Thank you! It works!

Comment

Hello.
                  Some help please .
                  I have 3 questions.

1) Where i can find the original stock Rom for the Mk808B Plus? I mean the rooted one.
                  2 )You think it is better to put the finless Rom instead of the Rooted Stock one ?
                  3 ) Does anybody understand why i still have downlad speed problem with the wifi? I have puted external antenna on it and now i have beter signal with 3+ lines but still... if i don't use the WiFi Fixer application the device does not work properly.

I write Rooted Stock Rom because when i receaved it from gearbest the device was allready rooted.

Thanks in advance
                  Last edited by lef; 03-30-2015, 17:46.

Comment

Originally posted by lef View Post
                    Hello.
                    Some help please .
                    I have 3 questions.

1) Where i can find the original stock Rom for the Mk808B Plus? I mean the rooted one.
                    2 )You think it is better to put the finless Rom instead of the Rooted Stock one ?
                    3 ) Does anybody understand why i still have downlad speed problem with the wifi? I have puted external antenna on it and now i have beter signal with 3+ lines but still... if i don't use the WiFi Fixer application the device does not work properly.

I write Rooted Stock Rom because when i receaved it from gearbest the device was allready rooted.

Thanks in advance

i'm no pc/android geek, but lets see if i can help you in anyway....

1. at xda-developers they have the stock rom (rooted?)
                    2. i only used stock rom for a couple hours... to many bugs kept rebooting, but some have reported it was ok to them... since i UPgraded to finless 1.1 (MANY MANY THANKS) i've never experienced a random boot again;
                    3. it as been reported that mk808b+ wifi is not the greatest... "An important thing to note is that wifi speeds are affected by a wide variety of factors such as network equipment and environmental interference so your results may vary". is the mk808+ far away from your router? i'm considering using an usb/rj45 adapter...
                    My MK808B Plus Review Android Stick Computers

Comment

Originally posted by danielhvf View Post

i'm no pc/android geek, but lets see if i can help you in anyway....

1. at xda-developers they have the stock rom (rooted?)
                      2. i only used stock rom for a couple hours... to many bugs kept rebooting, but some have reported it was ok to them... since i UPgraded to finless 1.1 (MANY MANY THANKS) i've never experienced a random boot again;
                      3. it as been reported that mk808b+ wifi is not the greatest... "An important thing to note is that wifi speeds are affected by a wide variety of factors such as network equipment and environmental interference so your results may vary". is the mk808+ far away from your router? i'm considering using an usb/rj45 adapter...

Danielhvf thanks for the answers.

I have search in Xda-developers but i havent find the stock rom for the MK808B plus. Only for the Mk808B witch is older model.
                      I write Rooted stock Rom becouse when i receaved the Mk808B plus from Gearbest it was allready rooted.... But i didint keept notice of the rom he had.
                      My rooter is not far away. I have 3 lines signal in my MK808B Plus. The problem i face is that if i not use the WiFi Fixer App prom Google play my conection is really slow and unstable .
                      With all my others Android devises i dont have conection or signal problems

Comment

Originally posted by lef View Post
                        My rooter is not far away. I have 3 lines signal in my MK808B Plus. The problem i face is that if i not use the WiFi Fixer App prom Google play my conection is really slow and unstable .
                        With all my others Android devises i dont have conection or signal problems
                        If you are using a wireless keyboard/mouse, be sure to not connect it directly to the mk808b+ but use usb extension cord instead. The wireless dongles strongly interfer with the WIFI. I also suggest upgrading to Finless 1.1. It is the most optimized Android Rom out there. If you android is not a "must have" for you, i recommend kszaq's openELEC rom. Some report that WIFI is better that on Android.
                        I am on openELEC and i can stream FullHD over WIFI without problems and my router is in the next room behind a massive brick wall.

Comment

Got this USB-LAN Adapter , but after connecting and speedtest.net i get like 0.3MB down/0.4MB up , so from weak WIFI signal i have even worse speed via cable

Where could be the issue? ive tried both USB ports. Thanks
                          Attached Files
                          USB to RJ45 Lan Card Ethernet Network Cable+3 Port Hub for Win 8 7 XP Pop in Computers/Tablets & Networking, Computer Components & Parts, Interface, Add-On Cards | eBay
                          Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
                          Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
                          Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
                          Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
                          Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

Hi,

I have an MK808B Plus which was purchased from GeekBuying. It seemed good at first however when turned off it would forget the WiFi key and the WiFi connection would show as 'authentication problem' meaning I had to enter the WiFi key again every time I turned it on. I switched to Ethernet and I had a similiar issue all settings would be forgotten upon power down, static IP etc. would be changed to DHCP.

So I googled the issue and I found someone describing Finless ROM, saying you can use a 'Reboot' app to then safely turn the unit off, I have installed Finless 1.1 and I still appear to have the same issue even though I am using the included 'Reboot' app before powering down, in fact if I even simply just do a reboot using this app, the network settings are all lost and I'm switched back to DHCP.

Could anyone please suggest a solution for this? Could it be that my hardware is defective?

Thanks in advance,
                            C_J

Comment

I can remember that there were discussions about the static ip settings not beeing saved. Unfortunately i can't find the thread and i can't remember if the problem was solved. But the problem appears only with static ip, is changing your router to DHCP an option for you?

Comment

Unable to get Ethernet working

Hi,
                                I am running two MK808B Plus with the Finless 1.1 ROM. Everything works great on wifi. I also got the USB to Ethernet adapter http://www.geekbuying.com/item/High-...et-314264.html
                                However whenever I navigate to Ethernet settings when the adapter is connected, the Settings crashes. It says "Settings has closed". Has anyone else got Ethernet running with the Tronsmart Ethernet adapter ? Is there a log file somewhere I can look at ?

Comment

Working...
                                X