NEW - MK808B-Plus - Finless ROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all.
    I regiter first to say thanks for your great work.

Last week I bought a mk808b and I put the 1.0 before to see that exist a 1.1ver... (facepalm)

I use it in a place with a bad wifi cover. I found information to use a usb wifi dongle (rtl8192) but all are for android 4.2 and I don't know how to use/place drivers with this rom (noob aboard)
    There's anyone using something mike that?

Thaks!

Comment

LAN Dongle Stops Working

Originally posted by bjenidles View Post
      I have been running Finless 1.1 on my MK808B Plus for about a week, and this morning I plugged in a USB ethernet dongle, switched the network settings to ethernet and it worked instantly.

After a few minutes, I decided to do a speed test comparison, so I switched back to wifi. But when I tried to switch back to ethernet, it just hangs on Ethernet Connecting.

I have restarted the device to no avail. Any ideas?
      Using stock or Finless, Im getting the same problem, USB Ethernet dongle works for about a week, then stops working, and have to re-flash for USB Ethernet to work again.

Starting a thread about this seems to be a major issue.

Comment

Originally posted by angelito10 View Post
        Sorry for my bad English. Has anyone managed to fix the 720p resolution problem?. My TV displays 1080p@60Hz, but the "screen resolution & density" app says 1280x720. And youtube let me just videos at 720p.
        Two different points:

1. The UI (graphical user interface) of Android is at 720 but the video-play-back will be at 1080...

2. If I'm not wrong (???maybe because of 1.???) the YT app doesn't work at 1080 at these devices...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

YT doesn't work @ 1080p because amlogic's OMX library doesn't support adaptive framerate (even if they include a customized libdash, it still doesn't work)
          WeTek Play
          Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
          Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
          KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
          Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Comment

Great ROM!

At last I recieved the mk808b+ and what rush!
            Had have nothing but bugs with my last stick mk809iii
            After some start-problems I finally succeeded getting this rom up running on hthe mk808b+. Perfect, smooth and simple, yet complex

There's only one little thing I can't get working with this rom. That's my 3D usb sound card (see attachment).
            When i plug this in my usb-hub I can only have full volume or no sound, nothing in between. If I unplug the sound card everything's back to normal.
            Is there something I've missed somewhere? Some app or tweak I have to use for this sound card?
            It have worked flawlessly with my other sticks.
            Attached Files
            My devices: (MK808B) (MK809IIIB - RK3188 - RTL8723BS) (MK808B PLUS Amlogic M805)

Comment

Originally posted by gotojanoo View Post
              Please help.I am stuck on finless 1.0 .No matter what I do still its boot in to 1.0.
              I tried so far: 1 : sd card method and reset---- its still boot straight to rom 1.0
              Removed param update ----- use update app and browsed 1.1 , its reboot and never
              flashed and went straight in to 1.0 rom
              Removed param update update --------- used rebooter app and went to recovery and tried
              to flash 1.1 but its throwing error.
              Is anyone have 107 firmware that came with it. May be I will try to go stock and start over with finless 1.1 .
              I know may be a user error lol but still so frustrating.
              Thanks
              Edit: I noticed OP says 403 mb but my download was 394 mb

Edit: was able to flash 1.1 and its just a bootloop. Went back to 1.0 and bootloop again. Any hints?
              If you remove the recovery image from the sd card it should boot into TWRP with Bob's1.0 rom installed. You can then install 1.1 from TWRP.

Comment

Lollipop for MK808B-Plus

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Here is my 1.1 ROM for the MK808B-Plus.

This is made from the latest 109K4 release that fixes USB dongles (kind of).

OK so here are the downloads!

READ the README.TXT in the zip for instructions!

ROM -> MK808B-Plus - Finless ROM 1.1 (403 megs)

Enjoy,
                Bob
                I just came across this http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/02/...r-mk808b-plus/

Anyone try it out yet? Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by androider2 View Post
                  I just came across this http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/02/...r-mk808b-plus/

Anyone try it out yet? Bob?
                  If you talk about the CM12, then have a look at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...lus-WeTek-Gift
                  Native 5.0 by the original SDK? I don't think so at the moment...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Infrared USB Receiver support

Hi Bob,
                    thank you for your work. Currently I'm running the 1.1 rom, but before that I had some problems to update from 1.0, but now it doesn't matter.

Right now I'm facing the problem that my USB IR Receiver (IR605Q) isn't working with the MK808B Plus. If I click any IR Remote button, the LED at the receiver is on, normaly it is only lightning up shortly to acknowledge that the signal was received. It worked before on Windows and XBMC.
                    I would like to use my IR Remote to control Kodi and ideally the whole Android. Do you think it is possible to provide some information to support that kind of device? And can you or anybody else tell me which IR Remote I have to emulate to use it as an Android IR Remote? I've got a Logitech Harmony 650.
                    Or this there another USB IR Receiver that works out of the box?

Tnx

Comment

Originally posted by dolphinworks View Post
                      Hi Bob,
                      thank you for your work. Currently I'm running the 1.1 rom, but before that I had some problems to update from 1.0, but now it doesn't matter.

Right now I'm facing the problem that my USB IR Receiver (IR605Q) isn't working with the MK808B Plus. If I click any IR Remote button, the LED at the receiver is on, normaly it is only lightning up shortly to acknowledge that the signal was received. It worked before on Windows and XBMC.
                      I would like to use my IR Remote to control Kodi and ideally the whole Android. Do you think it is possible to provide some information to support that kind of device? And can you or anybody else tell me which IR Remote I have to emulate to use it as an Android IR Remote? I've got a Logitech Harmony 650.
                      Or this there another USB IR Receiver that works out of the box?

Tnx
                      i try the MCE remote with infrared usb, same not works...

Comment

question. Is there any work around to use amazon prime player?

I modified the prop to show it as a Galaxy 3 and sideloaded the app. It tries to work and changes the orientation but fails and returns to ladscape. Is there a way to mae it work? Thanks

Thanks for the rom, a huge improvement.

Comment

for Finless

Hello Finless. I need a firmware with a resolution of 800x600 or 1024x768 (4:3), You can do this? What will be the price?

Comment

Need a hand... my MK808B+ finally arrived. It's currently on 107k4 and from what I can tell there is no recovery or its corrupt. I've tried 3 of the methods from the readme, and tried to boot into recovery via an app... the unit boots, flashes GoogleTV quickly, reboots again, then goes right back to the launcher. I can't seem to get it into recovery.
                            Tronsmart s89 | MK808B Plus | MXQ S805

Comment

Late sound issue.

Hi.
                              Wondering if there's a fix for the sound coming to late?
                              Netflix doesn't syncronize. In xbmc I can syncronize it in audio sync, but my other video apps it isn't possible.
                              Neither cable nor bluetooth fix this.
                              Any solutions for that please?

[EDIT] Don't know if that's for any help to others, and don't no if that's the solution either, but have now renamed and use the original build.prop and it seems to have solved my problem
                              Last edited by Djess; 02-05-2015, 16:55.
                              My devices: (MK808B) (MK809IIIB - RK3188 - RTL8723BS) (MK808B PLUS Amlogic M805)

Comment

Originally posted by CodeRedin519 View Post
                                Need a hand... my MK808B+ finally arrived. It's currently on 107k4 and from what I can tell there is no recovery or its corrupt. I've tried 3 of the methods from the readme, and tried to boot into recovery via an app... the unit boots, flashes GoogleTV quickly, reboots again, then goes right back to the launcher. I can't seem to get it into recovery.
                                Remove the recovery image from the sd card and try again using the reset button method.

Comment

Working...
                                X