X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masterfork View Post

Should I use the STOCK Neo X8 or Finless Neo X8? Thanks

Comment

Thanks JeffBen. Was a very easy flash and set up. Thanks to Bob for the great looking ROM.
      I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
      Ron White

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_rushin View Post

Should I use the STOCK Neo X8 or Finless Neo X8? Thanks
        It worked with Finless version, just tested.
        Install from recovery. If wireless, layout files are needed:
        Video that demonstrates the setup, show an example of the problem, the steps to solve the problem, and the working solution!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czISrLGXNI&hd=1 So first lets just talk about the Hardware Setup. Xbox 360...

Also, if wireless, beware when push connect button, for some strange unknown reason, it launches "power off" command to MK808B plus. You have about 5 secs. to cancel the command.

Comment

Ok i have a problem i bought a MK808B-Plus from amazon a couple of months ago flashed it with the finless 1.0 file no problem, but i found the 1.1 version and a couple of other files so i thought id upgrade or try one of the other files but now it seems my box has no recovery mode i cant get to it with the reboot to recovery or by holding the reset button, i even tried upgrading with the upgrade app it just reboots flashes the finless 1.0 screen then reboots again like normal, ive tried different install files and different recovery files nothing and if i hold down the reset button it just keeps rebooting constantly, as soon as i let go it reboots like normal and it works fine. and I tried the usb burning tool method but the burning tool dont like my pc just give me an error when i try to start it anyway if anyone has any ideas please HELP

Comment

Today I installed the new 111k4 version and i had to go back to Finless as the finless rom is years smoother than stock and the youtube problems arent fixed. Also the bug with the new twitch app still happens so not really any reason to update unless Finless updates the rom to 11k4?

Comment

Hi,

One of the "must install" apps for me is Samba Filesharing server for android (now it is removed from google play, but still available on xda-dev here:
              http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...droid-t2803452 )

I have used this app on the old MK808 (rk3066) and MK908II (rk3188) both with Finless ROMS without troubles.

On MK808B Plus with Finless 1.1 there is an issue: the app is starting in "portrait phone mode" (the problem is there also in the stock ROMS) - as in the attached capture. there are other apps with the same behaviour, Clean Master is an example. (scrrenshots are somehow scrambled on these apps, so I was forced to make photos).

The big issue, is that there is no "menu" button, or at least I do not know where it is, in order to launch commands such as "Settings".

Please help,

Thank you,

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150608_223309.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	505329Click image for larger version

Name:	20150608_223400.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	505330

Comment

Hi. Is the Tronsmart mk808b plus supported?

Comment

Tronsmart MK808B plus is using a different wifi chip (AP6210) hence I dont think its supported as of now - you maybe able to use the stick but wifi wont work.

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
                    Tronsmart MK808B plus is using a different wifi chip (AP6210) hence I dont think its supported as of now - you maybe able to use the stick but wifi wont work.
                    Thanks a lot. I was considering buying that one as it's a good price now at geekbuying. Will buy the original one instead from gearbest.

Comment

Originally posted by rev6 View Post

Thanks a lot. I was considering buying that one as it's a good price now at geekbuying. Will buy the original one instead from gearbest.
                      Good luck getting the first revision.... so far there has been three.

Rev 2 has the AP6210
                      Rev 3 has the AP6212

They are not clones, they just come with newer chipsets. Gearbest is definitly shipping Rev 3 since I have received one recently. I also got one from Geekbuying which was Rev 2.

Openelec is fully supported on any revison, but if you want to run custom you will have to check to see what rom it is based on supports the chipset. AFAIK no custom rom supports Rev 3 currently.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you're UK like myself Geekbuying will give you a fully UK plugged PSU, Gearbest will give you one of those cheap travel adaptors and an EU plug which are awful.
                      Last edited by ididmytime; 06-10-2015, 17:19.
                      Currently Using:
                      2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                      Retired Devices:
                      MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Originally posted by ididmytime View Post

Good luck getting the first revision.... so far there has been three.

Rev 2 has the AP6210
                        Rev 3 has the AP6212

They are not clones, they just come with newer chipsets. Gearbest is definitly shipping Rev 3 since I have received one recently. I also got one from Geekbuying which was Rev 2.

Openelec is fully supported on any revison, but if you want to run custom you will have to check to see what rom it is based on supports the chipset. AFAIK no custom rom supports Rev 3 currently.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you're UK like myself Geekbuying will give you a fully UK plugged PSU, Gearbest will give you one of those cheap travel adaptors and an EU plug which are awful.
                        Do you know which revision geekbuying are selling? They're a little bit more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by rev6 View Post

Do you know which revision geekbuying are selling? They're a little bit more expensive.
                          They appear to be shipping Rev 2 now.

To be honest, I'd just get one from Geekbuying, the later revisions have better Wifi and Amlogic will release Android 5.0 which will support all revisions.
                          Currently Using:
                          2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
                          Retired Devices:
                          MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

I purchased one from Aliexpress which is having realtek wifi chipset. Wifi on this stick is pretty strong though custom roms support is very very restricted (only openelec is works as of now)

Comment

Working for me. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X