NEW OTA upgrade for cube talk 9x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonas View Post
    I saw the update install it, but till now I do not see anything new or better.

Edit 1
    The stock recovery police font is bigger so it s more readable.
    Did you have any problems with update? How did you manage to install it?

Does anyone have any news for guys like me who haven't been able to install the update?

Comment

Originally posted by Vohukain View Post
      Did you have any problems with update? How did you manage to install it?

Does anyone have any news for guys like me who haven't been able to install the update?
      At first I could download the update but unable to install it.
      Cause the tablet was rooted.
      After flashing the stock recovery, update, reboot, and OK.

I manage to save the update file before installing, but I couldn't install it on my own. So if someone need it...

Comment

At first I could download the update but unable to install it.
        Cause the tablet was rooted.
        After flashing the stock recovery, update, reboot, and OK.

I manage to save the update file before installing, but I couldn't install it on my own. So if someone need it...
        I can download the update but not install it. Did you manage install the update on V2.0 20141111 or 20141115? I'm on V2.0 20141111 and no success.

Comment

You must be unrooted I mean on stock recovery

I was on v2.0 20141111

Comment

I was on v2.0 20141111
            I am. But thanks for the info
            Originally posted by Vohukain View Post
            I have stock V2.0 (20141111) and stock recovery. Not rooted.
            Last edited by Vohukain; 01-19-2015, 19:30.

Comment

I was on v2.0 20141111
              I am in stock recovery and rom in v2.0 20141111 but update always fail to install.
              Download with no problems but error on installation.
              Any ideas?
              ty

Comment

Hi

I have the same problem now after this issue link to thread
                Some thoughts :
                After trying this update :"U65GT_V2.0_update_aatt_20141115.zip" the issue came.
                I think it need a stock recovery v2.0 but the real one and till now the only way to get it is to ask someone with the last talk9x caming already with firmware v2.0.
                And with no trace of root !
                To be continued ...

Comment

thanx Tonas but my cube talk9x is in stock rom and v2.0 frimware and always get an error in installation.
                  Downloading procedure of the update looks ok but not the installation. Always error.

Comment

Same problem in china forum!

I just checked bbs.51cube.com site (here, here and here) and some people have same problem there with the FOTA update. However some guys have successfully updated their tablet. I don't know what is wrong with this FOTA.

Comment

my only thought about installation issue is app space or some application make a conflict. My mind don't go somewere else about it.
                      Any way I can live with out the fota update for the moment.

Comment

Since they changed the internal HW of the tablets, maybe the update doesn't fit to your tablet.
                        I got my tablet 2.1.2015 and it worked but I know older tablets from last year don't work with the update.
                        There was the serial number issue and the white/black tablet issue and touch screen issue

Comment

I'm perhaps the only one to whom the update worked and after an issue and followed by a flash it didn't update anymore.

So I don't think it's a matter of hardware.

Comment

my tablet was built in 1502 and I am unable to update it. So it's not an hardware problem

Comment

My tablet is now offering this OTA update, but I'm nervous about accepting it in case failure actually causes some kind of damage. What's the general opinion? Maybe best to wait a few days?
                              There seems to be some release notes with the update, but I can't read them because they are in Chinese language..

Comment

Originally posted by fasty View Post
                                My tablet is now offering this OTA update, but I'm nervous about accepting it in case failure actually causes some kind of damage. What's the general opinion? Maybe best to wait a few days?
                                There seems to be some release notes with the update, but I can't read them because they are in Chinese language..

Just upgraded. Had rooted tablet, after upgrade had to re-root.

Earlier did not have any release notes, downloaded but update did not work. Deleted fota data(deleted update.zip + cleared wireless update data, Settings/Apps...) and downloaded update again.

Comment

Working...
                                X