Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Vohukain
    You're excused but don't do it again !!! No it's just for fun

There is no entire V 2.0 firmware, I asked the seller and she indicated me only the links I knew .
    So in short the V 2.0 can only be installed as an update, over a pre-existing recovery.
    I tried to install the v2.0 over 1.6 and 1.8(september) but I didn't try install the other v1.8 (eg. july).
    I think there is nothing really interesting in this OTA update otherwise it would have been ready to download as a zip.

Comment

I'm also thinking that this FOTA update is not important. I'm just wondering if the FOTA updates in future will work. Maybe Cube is going to realese new recovery then if there is going to be some big updates. Now we can only wait for news and enjoy our Talk 9X .

Comment

recovery_U65GT_141111_backup.rar

MD5: 2F35A2644C9B804846C49FFF30E8E80F

Here's my tablet backup recovery image, serial is 14456290019. Test if you dare...

Comment

all recovery I've seen so far are close to 7Mb, your is 10Mb, strange....
          I'll try to flash it very soon

------
          EDIT:
          tested: same error as with recovery of september 3: no detail about which is the error (I suppose that still is due to latinIME.apk.
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

I was already thinking that now we got it working. Too bad that simexi's recovery is not working either. Thanks to simexi anyway.

By the way, did you simexi had originally V2.0 20141111 rom? And what is the version of that recovery?

Comment

There seem to be several subtly different versions of the "V2.0" ROM.
              I have had more than six U65GT through my hands with various different ROMs.

For example, on ones upgraded from 1.8 to 2.0, you cannot uninstall the chinese apps without rooting, but only freeze them to immobilise. However on recent tablets built with V2.0, it seems that you can simply uninstall most of the chinese apps. Nice.

I'd really like a full clean install of stock 2.0 which would allow the chinese apps to be uninstalled.
              Huge respect to the people who build this excellent machine, but these apps are only a nuisance to me :-)

Comment

Oh, here's an interesting observation:
                android keyboard is NOT missing on recently shipped U65GT with ROM 2.0
                (unlike updated versions where we only have google keyboard)

Comment

Originally posted by Vohukain View Post
                  I was already thinking that now we got it working. Too bad that simexi's recovery is not working either. Thanks to simexi anyway.

By the way, did you simexi had originally V2.0 20141111 rom? And what is the version of that recovery?
                  I had V2.0 originally, don't remember the date...maybe 201410?? And then upgraded to 20141111.

And not sure which stock recovery I flashed, coz fiddling around trwp and stock... All I now for sure that I backed up the stock recovery before flashed anything.

Comment

Originally posted by simexi View Post
                    I had V2.0 originally, don't remember the date...maybe 201410?? And then upgraded to 20141111.

And not sure which stock recovery I flashed, coz fiddling around trwp and stock... All I now for sure that I backed up the stock recovery before flashed anything.
                    So, you had V2.0 originally but you didn't have 20141111 version. You had some other V2.0 version. However, you was able to update your tablet via FOTA. Am I right?

Which version of V2.0 you had when you did update via FOTA. And which recovery you used? That one you uploaded?

Comment

Originally posted by Vohukain View Post
                      So, you had V2.0 originally but you didn't have 20141111 version. You had some other V2.0 version. However, you was able to update your tablet via FOTA. Am I right?

Which version of V2.0 you had when you did update via FOTA. And which recovery you used? That one you uploaded?
                      Updated to 20141111, then the latest...

Comment

What we know about this http://www.51cube.com/ch/DownShow.asp?ID=314 ???
                        Any english info and instructions ???

Comment

soulg, the link you postes is relevant to a custom rom and 3G seems not working
                          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Thanx for answering giouncino
                            I saw it in here http://www.51cube.com/ch/DownList.asp?SortID=7 and I thought that is an official one.
                            Still can't install the latest fota update.
                            Any new info about it?

Comment

Request

This is a humble request for Talk 9X owners who have been able to update their tablets via FOTA (Firmware Over The Air). Many users have been struggling with that FOTA (including me) and have NOT been able to do update succesfully. However, I have seen that some members have lately update their Talk 9X succesfully. I would really appreciate if those members could share this info:

- Tablet's serial number
                              - White 16Gb or black 32Gb (any other colors/storage combos are fake)
                              - Firmware installed out of the box originally
                              - Rooted or not before updating via FOTA
                              - Rooted or not when updating via FOTA
                              - Firmware installed when updating via FOTA
                              - Recovery version installed when updating via FOTA

I can download the FOTA update but when I try to install it, I get this error every time:
                              Code:
                              system/app/LatinIME.apk has unexpect contents
                              Update.zip is not correct
                              My info:
                              - Tablet's serial number: 1430 (IGZO screen)
                              - White 16Gb or black 32Gb: White 16Gb
                              - Firmware installed out of the box originally: V1.8 July 20140704
                              - Rooted or not before updating via FOTA: Yes
                              - Rooted or not when updating via FOTA: No
                              - Firmware installed when updating via FOTA: V2.0 20141111
                              - Recovery version installed when updating via FOTA: stock recovery (e3) 0502L012_EP79-U65GTB18MXXTDC_V1.8_20140704

Simexi kindly posted V2.0 rom's recovery already but it didn't work for us. If someone who has been able to update could post his/her recovery here too it would be helpful. You can take your recovery out of your tablet with SP Flash Tool by doing a backup. Any other suggestion are also welcome.

UPDATE: I know 4 members here, who have been able to update via FOTA. 2 of them have tablet which is producted 1451, the other is 1445 and the last is 1503. Also I know one member whose tablet is producted 1502 and not able to update via FOTA. I have 1430 and always error. So it seems that it is not related to time when tablet is producted. It has to be software issue or some app causing problems.

Maybe I need to do factory reset to find out that is there some app causing problems.

UPDATE2: I tried everything I could think of. First same things that giouncino did before. I tried deleting wireless update data, updating manually from recovery, different recoverys, changing system language, disabling Google Keyboard, factory reset, disabling/enabling chinese apps, with and without root... and I always ended up to a error. What a heck is wrong with this FOTA?

Well, my tablet works perfectly without that FOTA. I think that I don't even want that damn thing anymore. Anyway, if someone gets new info about this, feel free to share.
                              Last edited by Vohukain; 03-26-2015, 17:52.

Comment

May I can help you. I just have made a successful update.
                                My Tablet:
                                - Tablet's serial number 1450
                                - White 16Gb or black 32Gb black 32GB
                                - Firmware installed out of the box originally V2.0 20141111
                                - Rooted or not before updating via FOTA rooted
                                - Rooted or not when updating via FOTA rooted
                                - Firmware installed when updating via FOTA V2.0 20141111
                                - Recovery version installed when updating via FOTA The one the 9X came with

my stock recovery

But as I am a newbie to Sp Flash Tool and MTK Droid Tools I possibly need some help or introduction. I needed 3 days to get a backup of the delivery Status. This damn Droid Tools isnĀ“t working as explained in several tutorials.

Edit: OK I have it!

Edit: recovery attached, 2nd Picture resized
                                Attached Files
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                                Last edited by lernfabrik; 04-02-2015, 11:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X