NEW OTA upgrade for cube talk 9x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simexi View Post
    Deleted fota data(deleted update.zip + cleared wireless update data, Settings/Apps...) and downloaded update again.
    I did that but nothing. Still getting error.
    I also moved the update.zip in root directory of the sd card and try to update through system update. There the device restarted, whent to update procedure, restarted again and logged in. I checked the system version and I saw that was in old 20141111.
    Ones more I tried wireless update and when I got the error icon ones again I press the power button ones and I saw the follow system recovery menu
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0289.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	436064
    More clear the yellow letters

Name:	IMAG0291.jpg
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	436065

Comment

Originally posted by soulg View Post
      I did that but nothing. Still getting error.
      I also moved the update.zip in root directory of the sd card and try to update through system update.
      I did not move anything! Just deleted update.zip that I searched it with es filemanager. Cleared the wireless udpate app(+killed the process, oh and some fota app too..) data, and then went settings/about/check wireless update. NOT the system update(coz it says system up to date). After that it just asks whether you want to update now or later...

Comment

Thanks simexi. Not to me. For me always error no metter what.

Comment

Really disappointed of this Fota update....
          I tried so many times installing it without seccess:

Flashed 1.8 recovery: error during installation of fota update "latinime.apk"
          Flashed 1.8 september 03 recovery: error during installation of fota update without any further detail
          Put the update.zip on microSD root and trying with System update: tablet remains stuck during installation

It seems impossible to me to install this FOTA on my device...what a pity...
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
            Really disappointed of this Fota update....
            I tried so many times installing it without seccess:

Flashed 1.8 recovery: error during installation of fota update "latinime.apk"
            Flashed 1.8 september 03 recovery: error during installation of fota update without any further detail
            Put the update.zip on microSD root and trying with System update: tablet remains stuck during installation

It seems impossible to me to install this FOTA on my device...what a pity...
            Excaclly the same to me giouncino only in v2.0

Comment

Let's try to find out the problem!

Same here, always this error:
              Code:
              [COLOR=#333333][I]system/app/LatinIME.apk has unexpect contents[/I][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#333333][I]Update.zip is not correct[/I][/COLOR]
              Let's try to find out what is the problem and collect together every information what we have. Let's tell to each other what tablet you have and what you have tried so far. Something like this:

I have white, 16Gb, serial number: 1430 (IGZO screen), stock V2.0 November 20141111 (originally with stock V1.8 July rom, updated first to V1.8 September, then to V2.0 November), not rooted, stock recovery (e3) 0502L012_EP79-U65GTB18MXXTDC_V1.8_20140704.

So far I have tried to only change language (finnish, english and china) and tried to delete all files that contains finnish letters (å, ä, ö). Didn't help. I was thinking first that the problem might be language because there was LatinIME.apk error. Now I have no clue what is wrong.
              Last edited by Vohukain; 01-25-2015, 10:53.

Comment

mine is:

white, 16Gb, serial number: 1427 (IGZO screen), stock V2.0 November 20141111 (originally with stock V1.8 July rom, updated to V2.0 November via stock recovery), rooted with supersu, with brightness patch, app partition 4Gb, originally with TWRP2810 recovery, now stock recovery (e3) 0502L012_EP79-U65GTB18MXXTDC_V1.8_20140704.

My error during FOTA update is related to latinIME.apk (in system/app I didn't find that APP!!!!)

Comment

I had a thought. I'm a complete newbie so it's probably not relevant, but I hope worth mentioning:
                  Isn't latinIME.pk something to do with the keyboard?
                  Now, following earlier upgrade my 9x has android keyboard missing, gone. It only has google keyboard.
                  Perhaps OTA is attempt to fix known problem with Bluetooth keyboard after gestures in V2?
                  Could missing android keyboard be relevant?

Comment

I have white, 16Gb, serial number: 1426, stock V2.0 November 20141111 updated direct from 1.6, stock recovery (e3) 0502L012_EP79-65GTB18MXXTDC_V1.6_20140620, not rooted by me but cpu-z says that my device have root Access. First apk I found in app store and run it confirmed that device doesn't have root access.

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-25-18-10-22.jpg
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	436922Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-25-18-10-16.png
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	436923

Comment

I tried copying latinIME.apk of rom 1.8 of a collegue's tablet, on mine 2.0, in this case during ota upgrade I received the SAME error relevant to latinime.apk...
                      Now I give up...

Comment

Some ideas

I did some thinking and researching. Tonas is the only one who has been able to update tablet via FOTA here. Tonas has said that his/her tablet came orinally with V2.0 20141111 rom. I guess that tonas tablet is manufactured atleast after 1446, maybe even later. People who have been able to update via FOTA in bbs.cube.com forum has also V2.0 20141111 rom. I don't know did their tablets came with V2.0 20141111 rom orinally or did they upgrade from older rom (V1.8 for example).

Everyboy else here has not been able to update via FOTA. We have all upgraded our tablets from V1.8.

After tonas flashed V1.6 rom and then back to V2.0 (20141111 or 20141115) he/she wasn't able to update via FOTA anymore. Tonas said that his/her recovery changed when he/she did flashing. I think that the problem is that people who have V2.0 20141111 rom orinally have different recovery than others have.

We can comfirm this is tonas can answer these questions:
                        - What serial number you have?
                        - What recovery you had origanally?
                        - What rom you have now installed?

If there is someone who had V2.0 20141111 rom originally installed, can you please check what recovery you have?

Comment

I supposed the same, but I wasn't able to find any ROM 2.0 recovery anywhere...
                          On v.2.0 recovery.img is not present, and now I don't know where to find this recovery...

Comment

Hi all

Tonas HE tried to install the update after :
                            flash ROM 1.6 : no update seen OTA.
                            flash ROM 1.8 (september) : no update seen OTA.
                            flash ROM 2.0 : update seen but uninstallable.

I tried 2 ROM 2.0 : only as updates, no original factory ROM. 20141115 and 20141215 (both 20141111, and are retouched in some ways).

Tablet date : 1451 (not at home now)

I' m almost sure it's a recovery issue, anyway I did not recall exactly what was the original recovery but it seems it was written with some very small characters as the CWM.

Comment

Confirmed?

Thanks tonas!

I re-checked the bbs.51cube.com forum and found out that those guys who managed to update via FOTA had indeed V2.0 20141111 originally. "Xpgd" and "hu5496868" are members in china forum.

xpgd said: "Originally 1111"
                              hu5496868 said: "Updates the original 1111 upgrade success! ! ! ! ! ! ! !"

I'm pretty sure about that even I used google to translate. So there has to be newer recovery in those tablets that came with V2.0 20141111 originally. We have to find it somehow...

PS. Sorry tonas about that he/she thing. I'm not very familar with personal pronoun in english because we have here in Finland only one personal pronoun for men and women. It is the same word for both. It is called "hän" in finnish.

You are the MAN bro!

Comment

we "simply" need to find a rom 2.0 to be installed from SP_flashtool and flash only the recovery.img.
                                unfortunately at the moment I couldn't find it...

Comment

Working...
                                X