• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Android_No_Command.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	491849

I got the "Update.zip is not correct" error. I guess my mistake was that I tried to update a ROOTED Cube. Am I right? Anyway, now my Cube Talk 9X keeps restarting and is looping with it saying "no command" and the Android with an exclamation point sign coming out (see the pic). So my Cube is a brick. Whew.

Do I need a stock recovery FILE (set) which I could copy to my SD card and then use the boot mode to recover ("apply update from sdcard2")? Or? Which file(s), where do I get them? The 14 January 2015 is an OTA, so it does not help me with a half-dead Cube. ;-) Or am I seriously missing something?

The boot mode option "Wipe data/factory reset" does not help. It wipes and formats, but I still get the "no command" loop. The Cube does not boot.

My ROM version is (or was before I attempted this OTA update) V2.0, Tue 11 November 2014. Can I find it as a file set somewhere and would it do the trick if saved on the SD card?

If I had to use a flash tool, how can I do it when the Cube does not boot? The small in white menu (power + volume up)?

What shall I do? Can you please kindly help me? How do I recover? I want my Cute Cube back. Thank you EVER so much.
    Last edited by JohnDen; 04-05-2015, 22:07.

Comment

Hi, I hope this helps some of you.

I backed up my tablet that I got a week ago U65GT16GB15111615J. The ROM is 11/11/14 out of the box and had no problems with the update patch. You can try MY ROM to recover or to update your tablet, but first BACKUP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING, I've included stock boot, recovery, system and a working scatter file to be flashed with flashtools. I've tested my backup with no problems updating.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDen View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n491849[/ATTACH]

I got the "Update.zip is not correct" error. I guess my mistake was that I tried to update a ROOTED Cube. Am I right? Anyway, now my Cube Talk 9X keeps restarting and is looping with it saying "no command" and the Android with an exclamation point sign coming out (see the pic). So my Cube is a brick. Whew.

Do I need a stock recovery FILE (set) which I could copy to my SD card and then use the boot mode to recover ("apply update from sdcard2")? Or? Which file(s), where do I get them? The 14 January 2015 is an OTA, so it does not help me with a half-dead Cube. ;-) Or am I seriously missing something?

The boot mode option "Wipe data/factory reset" does not help. It wipes and formats, but I still get the "no command" loop. The Cube does not boot.

My ROM version is (or was before I attempted this OTA update) V2.0, Tue 11 November 2014. Can I find it as a file set somewhere and would it do the trick if saved on the SD card?

If I had to use a flash tool, how can I do it when the Cube does not boot? The small in white menu (power + volume up)?

What shall I do? Can you please kindly help me? How do I recover? I want my Cute Cube back. Thank you EVER so much.

You have 2 possibilities:

1) through SP-Flashtool flash again whole rom 2.0.
        You can find rom here: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ntFTbVN%29

2) downoad this one (ROM 2.0 as upgrade): https://mega.co.nz/#!3BhHlBqb!yrhBc_...pRQFjAZPjmeEZI
        put zip file on root directory of a microSD
        go on stock recovery (power + volume up) and select from menu "install from zip file"

Possibility 1 will work for sure, about possibility 2, I'm not completely sure it will work for you.
        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Hello,

For these 2 roms backup the U65GT have 16 ou 32 go ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post

You have 2 possibilities:

1) through SP-Flashtool flash again whole rom 2.0.
            You can find rom here: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ntFTbVN%29

2) downoad this one (ROM 2.0 as upgrade): https://mega.co.nz/#!3BhHlBqb!yrhBc_...pRQFjAZPjmeEZI
            put zip file on root directory of a microSD
            go on stock recovery (power + volume up) and select from menu "install from zip file"

Possibility 1 will work for sure, about possibility 2, I'm not completely sure it will work for you.
            Flashing (anything) did not work, because the Cube could not stay connected to the PC more than for some short moments etc. I tried everything I could but still not.

But the "Possibility 2" WORKED! I was already rather hopeless and thought that that's it – great brick. But it worked! :-)

So thank you EVER SO MUCH, GIOUNCINO! :-) Much appreciated. :-)

Comment

You're welcome,
              happy to be helpful

Comment

About possibility 1:
                you need FIRST to press download on spflashtool, and only LATER connect the tablet in complete off condition. Are you sure you tried in this way?

Comment

Have you seen the newest??? I recieved "wireless update" today. Have not installed yet. V2.0 20150407 If I knew how to screenshot/capture I'd post it.

Comment

Good to know!
                    I will check this afternoon to verify if it is available for 2.0 2014.11.11 too

Comment

My tablet (stock V2.0 20141111) can't find the latest update (20150407, 6,34Mb). It does only offer the 20150114 update which I can't update . Anyway here is first reports from 4pda forum (translatede via Google): "Install the update from 20150407. Result - stopped working gestures."

Anyone willing to download update and upload it here? I can test if I can install it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aimless View Post
                        Hi, I hope this helps some of you.

I backed up my tablet that I got a week ago U65GT16GB15111615J. The ROM is 11/11/14 out of the box and had no problems with the update patch. You can try MY ROM to recover or to update your tablet, but first BACKUP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING, I've included stock boot, recovery, system and a working scatter file to be flashed with flashtools. I've tested my backup with no problems updating.

Thanks!!!
                        I have white 16 gb №..1430...
                        So I couldn't install updates anyway. But flashed you ROM via flashtool and -ooops- it worked!!! Up to new update 20150407 - it has been also installed.

P.S. Gestures - are working
                        Last edited by bigsim; 04-08-2015, 18:35. Reason: New info

Comment

Originally posted by bigsim View Post

Thanks!!!
                          So I couldn't install updates anyway. But flashed you ROM via flashtool and -ooops- it worked!!! Up to new update 20150407 - it has been also installed.

That's cool man. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by bigsim View Post

Thanks!!!

Probably could be enough to flash its recovery and boot img,
                            I will test it tomorrow

Comment

Just upgraded. Working fine. At least black screen gesture works... tested only "light up the screen". It is working maybe even better than earlier....

Comment

I was very reluctant to try the OTA update but finally "bit the bullet" today.
                                Pleased to report that the January update installed OK then immediately the April update appeared and that installed OK too.
                                U65GT here is Black, 32GB, stock ROM with Chinese apps all uninstalled / disabled.

Comment

Working...
                                X