No announcement yet.

[ROM][4.4.4] Unofficial CyanogenMOD 11 for MK808B-Plus - WeTek Gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no time right now but amlogic sources are public, you just need to build it as a module and load it in one of the init.d scripts
    WeTek Play
    Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
    Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
    KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
    Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Comment

Hi all,

First, thanks to @ChristianTroy for this great ROM. It's nice to have multi user enabled!

Here are some problems I have with this ROM:

- mbox settings can't turn Ethernet on, it says that wire isn't plugged. It works with dtandard settings.

- Wifi Direct seems badly broken or not properly compiled in kernel and/or Android. From settings/WiFi/WiFi direct I can't rename the device. "Hensuke" says that indicates missing wifi direct support. I can't pair with neither my SGS2, nor my Toshiba tablet.

- Probably due the problematic WiFi direct, after pushing miscast.apk in system/app, no device can be paired with.

- the miracast player app from Google Play doesn't work. I'll test it again after changing the device in build.prop as this app seems to rely on internal wfd for Samsung devices.

Hope you can fix these
      Thanks again for the gift
      Regards
      Louis

Comment

Cifs support in kernel will make me satisfied,don't you plan to include it Christian?

Comment

Hi all,

Other problems I have with this ROM:

- With DPI at 160, text is often too small in games. I've tried to change it in build.prop by setting ro.sf.lcd_density=200 but it remains at 160 (wm density shows physical at 200 and override at 160).

- Applications permissions are not accessible in settings. Any way to activate?

Thanks for any help.

PS: As far I've understood well from the CM12 thread, ChristianTroy won't provide any more support. So, maybe we'll have to live with it or find another better ROM.

Comment

If you have smali capabilities you might give a look at MboxOutputManager file in services.jar, Amlogic enforces DPI according to the resolution in the java framework.
            They even set it in set_display_mode.sh script but that will be overriden later / if you change resolution.
            WeTek Play

Comment

Native 1080p resolution

Hi ChristianTroy,

thanks for this nice ROM. However, i noticed a small issue. The kernel's framebuffer is only 1280x720, that is, nomral HD and not FullHD (1920x1080). The build.prop file confirms this:

Code:
              #const.window.w=1920
              #const.window.h=1080
              const.window.w=1280
              const.window.h=720
              ro.platform.has.native720=true
              While it is possible to set the HDMI output to a real 1080 resolution, the effect is that only the normal HD area is usable/visible in the top-left.

Could you provide a ROM that is compiled for 1080? While there are many HD TV's out there that only have a 720 resolution, i find it rather silly to artificially degrade the FullHD 1080 TV's out there to 720...

Many thanks,

Chris

Comment

I could (like I did for the WeTek Play that is the only MX device in the world running a real 1080p output on Android) but, right now I don't have time for this.

BTW there's a setting in the dtd board file that will let the device play videos in real 1080p (not present in the MX, it's something for the S805 only), so you'll only have the scaled UI.
                WeTek Play

Comment

OK, thanks. Guess i'll stick with the stock firmware then for now, which does 1080p on the UI as well, after all, Kodo runs fine there, and with a different launcher instead of that MediaBox thing it is already somewhat usable.

Will keep watching this thread, in the hope that some day soon there will be a CM11 for this device that has a 1080 enabled kernel.

Greetings,

Chris

Comment

AFAIK latest stock rom introduced that because of amlogic sdk changed some stuff since thought that s805 is not powerful enough
                    WeTek Play

Comment

Yea, the 109 ROM is also at 1280x720, the 107 is 1920x1008 (i guess someone had fast fingers and mistyped the 1080 there, resulting in that mess). I don't see much difference between the 720 and 1008, performance wise. It is, after all, just a small device with compromises. As far as i am concerned, i'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of performance, when in return i can get the native resolution of the monitor. LCD's just suck when it comes to scaled images, it always looks fuzzy to me.

I would be willing to build ROM's myself, after all i'm already working on a Linux machine and i'm quite used to that kind of stuff. But then, the sources for this particular chip's SDK not fully available (damn worthless NDA's), there is little that i can do, and have to hope that someone else with access to that stuff will chime in.

Greetings,

Chris

Comment

Does anyone know if the Google TV Remote app will work with this ROM?

Comment

Hi, does anyone else have trouble pausing video using SPMC 14.2 or Kodi 15 Beta 1? I'm not sure if I'm the only one having the problem. Basically once I try to pause the video, and then unpause, the video no longer "moves", but sound and subtitles still work. If I rewind or fast forward, usually I can get the video working again. This is only a problem when using "amcodec" acceleration mode, which unfortunately is necessary since I watch a lot of mpeg2-ts streams.

Lastly does anyone have a problem with "skipped frames"? Whenever I push 'o' while using Kodi, it says a lot of frames were skipped. Yet based on my eyes, there doesn't appear to be any skipping occurring.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by huh View Post
                            Hi, does anyone else have trouble pausing video using SPMC 14.2 or Kodi 15 Beta 1? I'm not sure if I'm the only one having the problem. Basically once I try to pause the video, and then unpause, the video no longer "moves", but sound and subtitles still work. If I rewind or fast forward, usually I can get the video working again. This is only a problem when using "amcodec" acceleration mode, which unfortunately is necessary since I watch a lot of mpeg2-ts streams.

Lastly does anyone have a problem with "skipped frames"? Whenever I push 'o' while using Kodi, it says a lot of frames were skipped. Yet based on my eyes, there doesn't appear to be any skipping occurring.

Thanks.

Hello, about the video problem follow the link below. skipped frames yeah we all have it, it's "normal" just live with it. Remember dropped frames are not ok, skiped frames are ok.
                            Hello! so i'm planning to upgrade my box to a newer ROM not supported by finless (last ROM was based on 111k4) and i was wondering how to do his most relevant

Comment

Thanks for this, I'm glad to have a ROM that supports xbox controllers. Too bad wii remotes don't connect properly. Only other issue is that if I go to "All" Apps in settings it just sits "loading" forever, it seems. I waited 15-20 minutes before exiting. Maybe something I installed is causing an issue?

Comment

hi, i was trying this rom in my hdmi stick, I think it's great ,but I have a problem, my device came with the rom stock 111k4 , and i install the CM11 , then wifi and bluetooth stopped working ... I think it's because new versions have different wireless chip , Christian Troy, please can you help me ?
                                I love the idea of have cm in my mkb808b plus!

Comment

Working...
                                X