Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi helgiman. Installed TWRP and then Super SU, thanks. T9 is rooted! Have taken a back up to SD card.
    After installing Super SU, cant see to how I can use it to enlarge partition space to 8gb. I only want to increase space so I can add more apps, but I dont want format the T9 and loose everything.
    Last edited by Effinelus; 03-22-2016, 18:24.
    Cube T9 - Build v1.08 - OS v4.4.4 KitKat - Rooted.
    LG G4 - OS v6.0 Marshmallow.
    Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520 i5 - Windows 10

Comment

[QUOTE=Effinelus;n562559]
      Originally posted by Effinelus View Post
      Hi helgiman. Installed TWRP and then Super SU, thanks. T9 is rooted! Have taken a back up to SD card.
      After installing Super SU, cant see to how I can use it to enlarge partition space to 8gb. I only want to increase space so I can add more apps, but I dont want format the T9 and loose everything.
      Simple way to go to TWRP install something like "rebooter", or power off tablet, press and hold "power"+"vol+", in menu choose "Recovery mode" and press "vol-".
      For repartition download this tool, put it to external SD, reboot to twrp, do a full backup on external_sd or usb_OTG (just in case), connect tablet to pc, save all data from internal_sd to pc (it was deleted during repartition), make sure the external_SD is fully serviceable (on it will create a temporary backup system), go to "Install"-choose "RepartitionV1.0.zip"-swipe slider- follow instruction. After the utility completes, go to the menu 'mount', switch off and switch on mtp to rewire the Internal SD and copy back all to internal_SD. Reboot.

Comment

Am I right in thinking the only way to increase space for more apps on the T9 is to repartician which will delete everything. I thought using TWRP the Edius way in post #1 would let me add upto 8gb using the MT6752_Android_scatter.txt. Wish there was a way to use the Edius scatter txt but as already stated, when I try I get the error message ' PMT changed for ROM, it must be downloaded '. But I have no idea what this means.

Comment

Ok. Lets try again. I am from Russia and my english is poor, i use translater. If there is anything you do not understand ask me again.
          If I understand correctly you want to increase the space for the installation of applications (data partition) up to 8 GB.
          I know 2 methods:
          1) Using flashtool. Using scatter with the desired size in the mode of ' Firmware upgrade ' or ' Format all+ download '. In this case, reformatting the tablet with a full data loss. In mode ' Format all ' also erase IMEI and MAC-address of the bluetooth and wifi, get error NVRAM and possibly will not work mobile network. Therefore, when you use this method, first be sure to do a full backup on an external SD in TWRP (especially system, data and nvram partition) and save the contents of the internal_SD to PC. In addition, tablet series T9GT32GB154XXXXXXXX and above uses a new preloader, preloader from stock firmwares is not suitable for them. And because the flashing in the modes ' Firmware upgrade ' or ' Format all+download' need to flash all partitions, if you have a tablet specified series or above, then you will receive upon completion the brick. Universal preloader can be downloaded from here, suitable for all series T9. For unbrick enough to flash it in mode ' Download Only '. If you use this method, be sure to do the full backup in TWRP, download correct preloader and replace in folder with the firmware, keep internal_SD content to pc, flashing, boot up to make sure that repartitioning is successful, install TWRP, restore your backup and copy back from pc contents of the internal_SD.
          2) Using my tool via TWRP. Tool does not affect NVRAM and preloader partitions, repartitioning only system, cache, data, and intsd (internal_SD) partitions. Chance to get a brick nearly zero. Instructions for use and link for download in a previous post. The tool makes a temporary system backup (System and data partitions) on the external SDcard and after repartitioning recovers it, but full TWRP backup on external storage still recommended (just in case). Contents of the Internal_SD save and restore manually.

Comment

I am going to flash the 'Stock recovery 1.08 full (without chinese apps)' and new 8gb Scatter file, so could do with some step by step advice as I do not know where to apply it.
            Also, I have taken a backup in TWRP and saved to SD card, but I can't see any reference to saving the IMEI let alone restore it. Whats the best app to backup the IMEI, wifi etc. I have searched but all apps seem to have limitations or reliability issues.

Also: Will the 'Stock recovery 1.08 full (without chinese apps)' have all the necsessary files to fully operate the T9, i.e. WiFi, bluetooth, 4g phone etc.

Last edited by Effinelus; 03-23-2016, 19:30.

Comment

For IMEI Best app is TWRP you need only to backup nvram partition and eventually restore it...good luck

Comment

OK thanks for the info. I have already done a full TWRP backup including nvram.

Comment

Getting ready to flash T9 using 'Stock recovery 1.08 full (without chinese apps)' and I need to know the size of the included Scatter file. If its the same as the original T9, (2gb) do I need to replace it with the 'new 8gb Scatter file' that I have downloaded separately.
                  Also, assuming that I do need to replace the original Scatter file with new 8gb Scatter file, and I then select its location in 'Scatter-loading', as the new 8gb Scatter file is in the same folder, will the SPFT
                  automatically install the 'Stock recovery 1.08 full (without chinese apps)'.

Comment

Successfully flashed T9 with 'Stock recovery 1.08 full (without chinese apps)' and '8gb Scatter file'. Used 'Firmware Upgrade' setting in SPFT.
                    Everything works fine however I have lost all downloaded apps so its like starting again with a new T9, but that's no problem as I can re-install them with room for loads more than I ever had before. Internal Storage is now showing a total space of 7.84gb. the USB storage is showing a total space of 19.588gb making the total overall of 27.42gb. As this is a 32gb device I am wondering where the other 4.48gb has gone. I did not use the 'Format All + Download' setting so could I have lost a few gb that way. Plus T9 is no longer rooted so will have to run the SPFT again.

Update: Rooted.
                    Last edited by Effinelus; 03-25-2016, 19:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Effinelus View Post
                      Successfully flashed T9 with 'Stock recovery 1.08 full (without chinese apps)' and '8gb Scatter file'. Used 'Firmware Upgrade' setting in SPFT.
                      Hi Effinelus, How did you do it!? I'm a newbie on this. I have a rooted Cube T9 and my goal is to increase memory/RAM size, but I can't install TWRP and Flash Tool doesn't work. I followed instructions of helgiman. I've connected my tablet to my laptop with a USB cable. Windows 10 recognizes T9 and I can use file explorer. But then? Please, where can I find a detailed description -step by step- how to increase memory size. Regards,

Comment

Last edited by Effinelus; 04-18-2016, 19:56.

Comment

I team I cannot find mate foil ????
                          thx for your support.
                          Kind regards.

Comment

I try to remove mate foil but When I open T9 I don't found it behind screen or touch screen ???

Comment

IT is very well applied , there iis but you can't see . in the corner of lcd try with the nail or a plastic thin tool to pull IT out

Comment

I have a Cube T9 and want to flash 8gb Scatter file plus Stock recovery 1.08 full (without chinese apps). I have tried to follow the info found here using the SPFT but without success.
                                In the SPTF Download Agent, do I select the Stock recovery 1.08 full (without chinese apps) or
                                SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1452.00.000\MTK_AllIn One_DA.bin.
                                In Scatter-Loading do I select the MT6752_Android_scatter_8GB file.
                                Do I then select Download only or Format All+Download.
                                Thank you for any help.

Comment

Working...
                                X