Hardware Device Compatability List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Device Compatability List

This sticky is for a hardware ONLY please.
    This thread is to report on any TV device and what USB add-ons worked for you as far as hardware.
    Bluetooth USB devices, 3/4G Phone USB devices, Wifi USB devices, Game pads, etc

This is to help other USERS know what works and what does not. So report what not only DOES work but what does not.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU POST AT LEAST THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WHEN REPORTING: - TV device e.g. ug802, MK808 or whatever the device is
    - What ROM your running
    -- If you can what ROM it did not work on or did. e.g. supply any other ROMs you used in testing
    - What the USB device is
    -- And any info you can on how it worked or how yougot it to work!

Thanks all...
    This will help others and maybe later I will make a database out of this info. Please do your best to describe as much detail as you can.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

MK808 Finless 1.5A

-Working-
    PS3 Controller via USB (Press the Playstation button to activate)
    MK808 - Ubuntu 12.10 home://io (Olegk0 3.0.8 Kernel)

Comment

UG802 Working External Hard Drive Enclosure/with Usb Ports and Card Reader

I'm using the Finless 1.6 JB ROM for the UG802.

I'm use a Rocketfish USB 3.0 3.5" SATA Hard Drive enclosure (with its own power source) containing a 1TB ntfs formatted drive inside it. It also has 2 usb ports and a multi-format card reader all of which function and are recognized by the device. I have only been able to try SD and SDHC cards (I don't have any compact flash or memory sticks) in the card reader and they work fine.

I've tried connecting a hp corded usb optical mouse which works as does a generic wireless optical mouse (no brand on it and really old so I can not identify it..sorry). The wireless mouse only functions well with a direct line of sight and within a few feet but it did this with my computer too so I'm sure the cheap mouse is to blame. Both of these mice function just as well when plugged into the enclosure's usb ports as they do directly connected to the UG802.

I use this connector http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 (called a PTC Premium Gold Series HDMI coupler by this seller but sold under other brands) to utilize a HDMI cord because the design of my main television made directly plugging it into the HDMI port impossible. The HDMI port is recessed so that it could not fit but even if that wasn't the case I've found that I can get a much better wifi connection with the ability to reposition the ug802 that the use of a HDMI cord provides.

For my external SD card within the UG802 I am using a 16 GB SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDHC card marketed as ideal for Android smartphones and tablets. It is faster than most class 10 cards at up to 30 MB/s but I can not honestly say that that makes a difference in the UG802. I got a great deal on several of them so that the cost difference between them and a typical class 10 card was just a few pennies. I would not pay extra to get this particular card for the UG802. Any decent class 10 or even 6 should be fine.
      Last edited by mellodroid; 11-21-2012, 02:27. Reason: forgot to mention ROM

Comment

xbox360 control working
        start button for menu
        back button for back
        X for enter

Comment

Originally posted by cjameslynn View Post
          xbox360 control working
          start button for menu
          back button for back
          X for enter
          I am not trying to pick on you but THIS IS NOT WHAT I ASKED!

TV Player device?
          ROM your using?
          Etc....

PLEASE... this is worthless info without the details in my first post I am asking for. Thanks for trying but MORE INFO NEEDED PLEASE.....

Guys and Gals, this is an eample of what we do not want in this list. There is not enough detail to know anything from this. Can you please ALL give the details I ask so we can make a list worth storing in a database or something and that might be usefull for Devs!

Sorry cjameslynn, but sheesh man... look at your post and think how this might help anyone? I am truely sorry for using your post as a example of what NOT to post. But redemption comes if you post the information I asked you to post.

Thanks,
          Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

UG082 Finless 1.4a, Finless 1.6
            Working: USB ethernet adapter Jp1082

Comment

Re: Hardware Device Compatability List

Originally posted by cjameslynn View Post
              xbox360 control working
              start button for menu
              back button for back
              X for enter
              mk808 Finless 1.5a + XBOX360 usb Controller

Sent from my HTC X515d using Tapatalk 2

Comment

UG802 Fin 1.6 Rom

1. PS3 Wireless Sixaxis Controller connected via USB cable.
                  • Android native gamepad support kicks in and games like shadowgun detects the controller and functions flawlessly.
                  • Sixaxis controller app and BT/USB app touch profiles don't work. Sixaxis app might work if you add BT to your device somehow. BT/USB app touch profiles will NOT WORK as it does not detect a touch screen. (Perhaps we could spoof a touchscreen device?)

2. Powered USB Hub
                  • Have not tried external HDD yet

3. NTFS formatted 16gb flash drive works
                  • Read only

4. Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Touchpad (via unifying dongle)
                  • The touchpad was connected to the same dongle as the keyboard via the PC software

5. More of a rant here. Bob, seriously. Is there anyway to adjust the contrast of the screen? Text readability is not so good. The MK802 has options to adjust both brightness and contrast.

Comment

UG802
                  Initially with UPDATE 10_27! - ug802 Android mini PC TV Player - Finless ROM 1.4a Custom ROM
                  and Now
                  UG802 Finless ROM 1.6 "custom" JellyBean - Made from MK802-3
                  RC11 Air mouse.

Comment

UG802III custom jellybean 4.1

Working and all shortcut buttons working
                    Perixx PERIPAD-701, Wireless Touchpad With Backlight Keyboard

Comment

UG802 - 4GB - Finless ROM 1.6 Custom JB

Working:

- Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse MK-220 (one usb dongle)

link: http://www.logitech.com/es-roam/mice...ss-combo-mk220
                      by GAP | UG802 - Finless/2dark4u ROM 1.7 Custom JB - 720p@1272MHz

Comment

keyboard

Working:
                        Chicony KG-0609

keyboard with small touchpad (so keyboard + mouse together)
                        (
                        http://www.mojmikro.si/files/imager/node/3953-9472.jpg)

Comment

Logitech F710 wireless gamepad
                          Logitech C310 HD webcam (video + mic in skype)
                          and USB - RJ45 adapter : http://dx.com/p/usb-2-0-10-100mbps-r...r-dongle-34691
                          T-R42 v1.0 ; Ubox R89

Comment

Trust
                            Tocamy Wireless Entertainment Keyboard
                            http://www.trust.com/products/productpictures.aspx?artnr=18007

works fine but only some keys do not correspond exactly to the functions
                            Is not good for playing games or I did not understand how it works
                            receiving range are few meters

Comment

MK808 (Finless 1.5a ROM) with USB to Ethernet adapter

TV player model: MK808
                              ROM: Finless 1.5a
                              Device: Monoprice USB to Ethernet adapter, Monoprice product ID 6150
                              (http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2)

Device works. The only thing I had to do to get it to work was disable Wi-Fi and enable Ethernet via the Settings. It's more reliable and faster than my wi-fi was.

Comment

Working...
                              X