• Show
Clear All

MK806B with Finless Rom 1.7a

Works:
    Logitech webcam c270
    Logitech Mouse/Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by pintu ban View Post
      Logitech USB CAM C110 is perfectly working for Skype Video /Audio on MK808 device.

MK808 Firmware info:
      Finless Rom 1.7 (released for UG802) + Kizs Kernel (release date Nov 30, 2012) made for 1080p HDMI output

Note: Latest kernel (DEC 17, 2012) for 1080p HDMI Output from kizs does not support USB CAM at my setup.

-Sumanto
      Logitech USB CAM C110 works perfectly on MK808. You HAVE to install Camera ICS from googleplay - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lynx.cameraics

MK808 Firmware info:
      Finless Rom 1.7c (released for MK808, with its kernel inside) - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ot-Finless-1-7. The camera works for 720p and 1080p too. I will try on Finless 2.1 but considering that 2.1 is a developed 1.7c i don't see any reason for not working.

For using Skype, you can choose from two options, but the second one is preferable because the speed is much lower on wireless, especially if your MK808 is far from you router:

I. on wireless internet connection.
      The camera is connected through a USB hub (powered or non powered) on USB OTG port, because you need an extra USB port for connecting mouse/keyboard,etc. A highspeed USB 2.0 hub (up to 480mb/s) is preferable instead of fullspeed USB 2.0 hub (up to 12mb/s) or, of course, old USB 1.1 hub (the same 12mb/s). Pay attention of HUB specifications and do a little research to be sure that the device you decide to buy is a highspeed USB 2.0 one, not fullspeed USB 2.0. I have tried three kind of unbranded hubs and all of them worked smoothly.

II. on ethernet internet connection.
      You need a USB to ETHERNET adapter. There are a lot of them on the market and you can not be sure if all of them will work on MK808. I bought this branded one, about 12$ - http://www.logilink.eu/showproduct/UA0144.htm and it works perfectly.
      You have to be careful on two aspects:
      - there are mostly two kind of chips inside these adapters: AX88772 from AXIS and a generic RD9700. AX88772 is capable of speed up to 100mb/s (maximum for me was 93mb/s but it runs usually at about 75mb/s). RD9700 is not capable of 100mb/s, it only runs up to 12mb/s (i have tested it too and the speed was 7mb/s maximum).
      - DON'T PLUG the USB-ethernet adapter and the webcam on the same USB port (OTG or HOST), through USB hub, of course. It will run but the camera and the adapter will randomly disconnect and it is very annoying.
      My solution is very stable and i'm very satisfied about how Skype works. If you want to use the webcam as surveillance camera it also works perfectly.

So, my solution:
      Camera, mouse nano receiver, usb flash drive, external HDD - connected through a highspeed USB 2.0 hub on the USB HOST port of your MK808 (the port situated near the mini USB power port). USB-ethernet adapter connected directly or through a highspeed USB 2.0 hub on the USB OTG (the mini USB port situated aside of your MK808, marked with OTG). It is advisable to connect the USB-ethernet adapter directly on the USB HOST, because if you plug any other device on the hub where the USB-ethernet adapter is connected, it will result in an unstable functioning. Any other device (mouse/keyboard,etc) you want to connect works perfectly through the hub connected on USB HOST port, as described above.

So, it is very important to remember:
      - highspeed USB 2.0 hub instead of fullspeed USB 2.0 hub
      - not so cheap USB-ethernet adapter, preferable a branded one
      - USB-ethernet adapter with AX88772 or similar chip, not RD9700
      - camera and the USB-ethernet adapter not plugged in the same USB port !!!

I hope my post will help. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X