• Time
  • Show
Clear All

V1.4 a10 g2

How is the 1.4 testing coming on.....

Comment

Originally posted by trevorbright View Post
      How is the 1.4 testing coming on.....
      My son has been HAMMERING on it for 3 days running the battery down every time until the tablet cuts off. He played on it for 5+ hours today during my drive to and from our Co-Lo facility where our servers are. No problems so far, he is loving it. The keyboard seems a LOT less laggy than stock and even quicker than Bob's 1.3 ROM.

Comment

Pretty good... I was trying to get a clockwork type of dual boot system going but I am going to give up on that for this release. Maybe next release. The recovery system just does not like to be swapped out between ext3 and ext4. So more work but not worth delaying this release. Sowa and Fenice have already released thiers for the 8 and 7 G2 so I should get mine out tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          Pretty good... I was trying to get a clockwork type of dual boot system going but I am going to give up on that for this release. Maybe next release. The recovery system just does not like to be swapped out between ext3 and ext4. So more work but not worth delaying this release. Sowa and Fenice have already released thiers for the 8 and 7 G2 so I should get mine out tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Bob
          Awesome! Can't wait I have V1.3 and think that is good, V1.4 sounds bloody fantastic..... These big firms are definitly employing the wrong people.... Good on ya!

Comment

backing up prior to 1.4

I feel this has been covered but, as it stands, is titanium back up the best way to transfer programmes when updating?

Comment

Yes but I hate the 1 by 1 having to click the install and done button for 100's of apps. I wish titanium had a silent re-install of apps.

However check my post here as I found a SUPER FAST way to restore all your apps then just use titanium to restore the app data which is automatic with no clicking buttons

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hello everyone, bit of a noob here

I used Bob's 1.1 firmware and decided to upgrade to 1.3. all went well untill I tried to install apps from the tablet's memory using a file manager. I get a parse error on everything I tried to install, with any file manager and after countless reboots.

Is there any fix to this?
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Serpent1 View Post

I used Bob's 1.1 firmware and decided to upgrade to 1.3. all went well untill I tried to install apps from the tablet's memory using a file manager. I get a parse error on everything I tried to install, with any file manager and after countless reboots.

Thanks
                  Have you tried installing appbackup and restore from the market. Install it and when you run it it should pick up the apk that are on your sd card so you can restore them.

If it does not pick them up than run the program and back up something on your tablet. This creates a folder on your memory card called app backup and restore. Copy the apk files you are having trouble installing to that folder and run the program again

Sent from Android Xperia- Freaktab.com your No 1 source for tablet info!
                  Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                  <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                  <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                  <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                  https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                  </form>

Comment

Another idea. On my Mother Board for my PC is a BIOS setting for USB High Speed. I think that was a sudo USB 3.0 implementation at that time. Anyway if that is on, many USB devices I have don't work right especially older stuff. So you might try setting the BIOS to USB 2.0 only or legacy or whatever you have that is can be set to and try. Just an idea.

Bob
                    So, I tried on my other computer, and get the exact same error.

I will try this evening to play with the BIOS settings.

Comment

Yes but I hate the 1 by 1 having to click the install and done button for 100's of apps. I wish titanium had a silent re-install of apps.

However check my post here as I found a SUPER FAST way to restore all your apps then just use titanium to restore the app data which is automatic with no clicking buttons

Bob
                      Thanks Bob, I'll give that a go...
                      I notice there are a couple of developers trying to muscle in on Titanium Tracks' lack of automation for restoring apps. Makes you wonder why they don't just do it themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by Damo View Post
                        Have you tried installing appbackup and restore from the market. Install it and when you run it it should pick up the apk that are on your sd card so you can restore them.

If it does not pick them up than run the program and back up something on your tablet. This creates a folder on your memory card called app backup and restore. Copy the apk files you are having trouble installing to that folder and run the program again

Sent from Android Xperia- Freaktab.com your No 1 source for tablet info!

Thanks for your help. However, can't find app backup on the Market. I tried it with other backup programs but no results. and it's not just a few apk files, it's all apk files from both my SD card and the tablet's internal memory. any further ideas?

Comment

Theme's

I gotta look into how to make themes or MOD's for this Finless, With your permission of course. like a transparent status bar. different battery Mod's. hmmmmm

Comment

Thanks for your help. However, can't find app backup on the Market. I tried it with other backup programs but no results. and it's not just a few apk files, it's all apk files from both my SD card and the tablet's internal memory. any further ideas?
                            Here you go

Download Tapatalk! For easier navigation of Freaktab on your phone.
                            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                            </form>

Comment

If this does not work how did you come across having apk files for your programs?

If you downloaded them say on your mobile phone from the Android market, than on your tablet as long as you are using the same Google account than go into the market app on your tablet and go into market settings and you have MY APPS , in here you will see all the apps that have been purchased or installed by yourself, so you can now just re-install them from that menu.

Download Tapatalk! For easier navigation of Freaktab on your phone.

</form>

Comment

Thanks
                                Sorry if this sounds obvious, but you can't merely "copy" the files back using a file manager. They have to be reinstalled. BTW, I've run the backup Finless refers to above via adb. I do hope to do the restore the same way after the update to 1.4. Much faster than Titanium, I'm sure. You can always one-by-one the data (carefully.....sometimes there's a 'gotcha' between ROMs) later on in Titanium.
                                Asus Transformer TF300T - ROOTED, with TWRP recovery and stock Jellybean
                                HTC Rezound - ROOTED with S-OFF, running stock ICS
                                Android obsessed since April 29, 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X