This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snakekiller View Post
    if you always are in flashmode after flashing. With every rom. then the only solution was for me shorts the nand chip inside the tablet

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

What!

no need to do that

ive bricked mine loads of imes playing around and recovered using rockchip batch tool 1.4 and stock rom. load it and click recover. works everytime.

never had the need to open my tablet.

when bicked, connect cables, volume up and reset. then normal tools see no flash chip. leave for 1 min. load rockchip tools and you'll see a emulated flash mode. just click restore.

Comment

Re: NEOCR 2.0 for 10G3 *Update NEOCR 2.1*

It has been a while, Neo....any updates to test on the 10bG3?

I've lost track.

Randy
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

If you want you can try the DEV Version of NEOCR 3.0 Pure CM10.
        Download it here: http://www.freak-tab.de/neomode/M901w.zip.
        You must Replace the Kernel in this Zip with the Kernel for your Tab.

Neomode

Comment

Ill give a try.

Now where did I put that pesky paper clip....

Randy
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

i keep my paper clip taped to my forehead
            freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

OK, Neo...here's what we have so far:

In order to successfully flash, you must also copy in the old recovery.IMG along with the kernel.

When you boot into recovery, you must do a factory reset/erase data and erase cashe.

First boot takes a really long time.

The system sees the external SD as internal.

System won't mount the internal SD as external (I haven't found a way to format the internal drive). So you don't have access to that drive at all.

When unplugged, the battery shows it drains, but when plugged in, it doesn't update the charging progress unless you reboot.

You must turn off auto rotation or else the screen goes in the opposite direction you are holding the tablet.

Google Play wants to install all your apps (even ones you haven't installed) as updates.

Tatty has an awesome boot animation that works well. The Android logo is lame on the stock version.

That's all I can think of right now...Tattman...can you add anything?

Edit: I forgot to add that CWM won't do a backup because it says it can't mount the system. I don't know if it has to do with the SD card issue. (While I like the external reading as internal, I would like to use the internal sometimes, too)

Arnova 10bG3
              Last edited by rrileypm; 01-16-2013, 03:31.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Let me say some good things, now about this ROM...and why I think It is worth pursuing.

We have finally broke the 3000 mark on antutu. I got 3018 for the first time ever on my tablet, running most of my usual setup.

I have tested several apps, and they work well.

You don't need a reboot app with this ROM because the ability to reboot to recovery is built in.

I think we are on the right track with this one.

Arnova 10bG3
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

OK, I spoke too soon on the battery. It doesn't work up or down except it shows accurate charge level at boot only...but stays put. Here we go again with that battery thing.

Neo, I hope all that helps.

Arnova 10bG3
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

well between me leaving the tattoo shop , coming home and taking a shower ,

Randy has wrote everything i was thinking the whole time ,so in conclusion ...........

i concur .........

Comment

NEOCR 2.0 for 10G3 *Update NEOCR 2.1*

Sorry Tatty, I should have saved some of that for you. Hahaha.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        Sorry Tatty, I should have saved some of that for you. Hahaha.

oh well , it seems as if you and i are the only ones with 10bg3's anyway so i'm sure i'll have enough to report .

Comment

NEOCR 2.0 for 10G3 *Update NEOCR 2.1*

Yes, but you have to admit, it has been fun making the G3 last. I keep wanting to put it on the shelf, or giving her away, but as long as there is more potential for improvement, it is worth keeping around.

Wait a minute, it almost sounds like I'm talking about my wife...hahaha.

As long as it still does some things better than my N101, it's a keeper.

If we polish off this new ROM, this might be our last go around for the G3.

I'm eyeballing those new quad cores on the way in a few months.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            Yes, but you have to admit, it has been fun making the G3 last. I keep wanting to put it on the shelf, or giving her away, but as long as there is more potential for improvement, it is worth keeping around.

Wait a minute, it almost sounds like I'm talking about my wife...hahaha.

As long as it still does some things better than my N101, it's a keeper.

If we polish off this new ROM, this might be our last go around for the G3.

I'm eyeballing those new quad cores on the way in a few months.

yeah i know , i bet we've run a 10bg3 through the wringer more than anybody . and yeah since i got my galaxy i don't mess with my other tablets as much . but they do come in handy every so often

Comment

AW: NEOCR 2.0 for 10G3 *Update NEOCR 2.1*

ok guys now I know the failures and will get them out. This rom is a basis for the rk29xx Boards so I will make this as Final. I will then move to rk30xx.

Neomode
                              Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

i've been playing around with this rom some and so far not really run into any more issues except

what Randy and i noticed at first .

once the minor things are fixed , i think it will be a good rom .

Comment

Working...
                                X