Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING, NEWS, and ROM - New model UG802 different wifi!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmm?

Originally posted by leroy_sunset View Post
    Tried it, no wifi.
    what model it's you miniPC .... UG802 or UG 802-II ?

I've the UG802-II (with Bluetooth) and works fully. actually I'm writing from this.

Comment

"Original" UG802 with no BT. It's a second hardware revision, which is what this thread is dedicated to.
      UG802 with the newest hardware... waiting on a new ROM by the infamous Finless Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by leroy_sunset View Post
        The stock ROM and kernel are already uploaded.
        This is not execly the same. In the original i had one option to hide the status bar! But in this, unfortunately there is no such option.

Comment

which?

Originally posted by kisist1 View Post
          This is not execly the same. In the original i had one option to hide the status bar! But in this, unfortunately there is no such option.
          do you talk about of UG802-II or UG802?

Comment

Originally posted by JnlsOsses View Post
            do you talk about of UG802-II or UG802?
            I have this :

I think this is what we call V2. If you want, you can use these pictures to show the differences.

Comment

I have this :

I think this is what we call V2. If you want, you can use these pictures to show the differences.

mmm..there seems to be more than one, because I've the UG802-II and the wifi & BT controller are MEDIATEK, not REALTEK.

and I bought this: http://dx.com/p/ug802-ii-android-4-1...m-black-165873
              Last edited by JnlsOsses; 01-19-2013, 17:40. Reason: I added my bought device

Comment

mmm..there seems to be more than one, because I've the UG802-II and the wifi & BT controller are MEDIATEK, not REALTEK.

and I bought this: http://dx.com/p/ug802-ii-android-4-1...m-black-165873
                There are 3 versions of UG802 I think;
                1 - UG802 V1 : 1GB DDR3, 4GB storage, Realtek RTL8188EUS WiFi, NO Bluetooth
                (Without! reset button, text on PCB : "T002 V0" or "T002 V1" or "T002 V2")
                T002 V1 and T002 V2 comes with Android 4.1, so DO NOT flash them, there might be some problems! Wait, there will be more info soon. T002 V0 can be flashed safely.

2 - UG802 V2 : 1GB DDR3, 4GB storage, Realtek RTL8188EUS WiFi, NO Bluetooth,
                (With! reset button, text on PCB: "MiniTV Box SW601_V0.1")
                (The WiFi chip is the same, but the way it built in is different, so different kernel needed, because of the AT88SC EEPROM)

3 - UG802 II : 1GB DDR3, 8GB storage, Mediatek MT5931 WiFi, Mediatek MT6622 Bluetooth,
                (without! reset button)

UG802 versions and differences:
                https://picasaweb.google.com/1051811...937151/UG802V2
                UG802 stock roms:
                https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0...3c0bDJPTlkzckk

Last edited by kisist1; 01-29-2013, 21:15.

Comment

There are 3 versions I think;
                  1 - UG802 V1 : 1GB DDR3, 4GB storage, Realtek ............... WiFi, NO Bluetooth (without! reset button)

2 - UG802 V2 : 1GB DDR3, 4GB storage, Realtek RTL8188 WiFi, NO Bluetooth, (with! reset button)

3 - UG802 II : 1GB DDR3, 8GB storage, Mediatek MT5931 WiFi, Mediatek MT6622 Bluetooth, (with reset button ????)

I believe this is correct. This thread is for option 2, and is I what I have.
                  UG802 with the newest hardware... waiting on a new ROM by the infamous Finless Bob!

Comment

There are 3 versions I think;
                    1 - UG802 V1 : 1GB DDR3, 4GB storage, Realtek ............... WiFi, NO Bluetooth (without! reset button)

2 - UG802 V2 : 1GB DDR3, 4GB storage, Realtek RTL8188 WiFi, NO Bluetooth, (with! reset button)

3 - UG802 II : 1GB DDR3, 8GB storage, Mediatek MT5931 WiFi, Mediatek MT6622 Bluetooth, (with reset button ????)
                    okay...

the UG802 II .. not have reset button.. the firmware for iMito MX1 Finless 1.5 works fully in this

Comment

okay...

the UG802 II .. not have reset button.. the firmware for iMito MX1 Finless 1.5 works fully in this
                      That is interesting! Including Bluetooth?

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        That is interesting! Including Bluetooth?

Bob
                        yes!... wifi and bluetooth works!

the only problem is the name of the device, it appears as "iMito MX Series", is there a way to change that?

and build a kernel that can overclock....would be all that's missing from this version of UG802

Comment

yes!... wifi and bluetooth works!

the only problem is the name of the device, it appears as "iMito MX Series", is there a way to change that?

and build a kernel that can overclock....would be all that's missing from this version of UG802
                          You are rooted so just edit build.prop file and change rkdevice=
                          to what you want it to say.

As for kernel... not at this time. I am learning kernel stuff now but it is slow progress without someone willing to share this info with me expecially when I have questions and NO ONE answers! Right now I am learning everthing from internet posts "the hard way"
                          I share what I know to everyone! But it seems some people want to "hold" knowledge to themselves for personal gain reasons. It's a shame really. Back when I first started making RK29 ROMs it was this way until I figured it out myself and then made more progress than anyone did EVER! I share that info and it is all over the internet now what I learned and everyone is using it! That fine as that is what I wanted. NOW... The return is not true and I am not getting much help! I think FEAR of me and desire to make a "name" is the reason. So be it...
                          Trust when I do learn... I will share and SCREW all the greedy that wont! I will give up the secrets so people that want to learn CAN instead of this being freakin like iOS or MAC weenies with "delusions of grandeur"! I don't think they get the idea of this site.... But I do not like TAKERS that do not give back!

OK OK... I had a bad day... time to get off my soap box and get back to work

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            You are rooted so just edit build.prop file and change rkdevice=
                            to what you want it to say.

As for kernel... not at this time. I am learning kernel stuff now but it is slow progress without someone willing to share this info with me expecially when I have questions and NO ONE answers! Right now I am learning everthing from internet posts "the hard way"
                            I share what I know to everyone! But it seems some people want to "hold" knowledge to themselves for personal gain reasons. It's a shame really. Back when I first started making RK29 ROMs it was this way until I figured it out myself and then made more progress than anyone did EVER! I share that info and it is all over the internet now what I learned and everyone is using it! That fine as that is what I wanted. NOW... The return is not true and I am not getting much help! I think FEAR of me and desire to make a "name" is the reason. So be it...
                            Trust when I do learn... I will share and SCREW all the greedy that wont! I will give up the secrets so people that want to learn CAN instead of this being freakin like iOS or MAC weenies with "delusions of grandeur"! I don't think they get the idea of this site.... But I do not like TAKERS that do not give back!

OK OK... I had a bad day... time to get off my soap box and get back to work

Bob
                            ok, first thanks you for the information. I tell you that I've tested and works. I changed the name of the device... don't worry for the kernel.. I just wondering it... thanks

Comment

So Bob, what's it going to take to get a working ROM and kernel for this new version? Another copy will be here Tuesday. I'll do what I can to make it work (if you give me a push in the right direction, of course ).

Comment

Re: WARNING, NEWS, and ROM - New model UG802 different wifi!!

I just received my ug802 yesterday. I ordered it from Amazon supplier Eznsmart.

It arrived in a square little black box. I haven't messed with it yet because I'm still gathering needed peripherals to complete the installation. So it can still be dumped if needed.

I don't see a reset button hole anywhere on the case. So, I'm wondering which version this one is. It has a sticker on it that says Android 4.1.1.
                                Randy
                                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X