Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING, NEWS, and ROM - New model UG802 different wifi!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Components.

Thanks for the help.

I think I found the cause of the problem.

Some components are missing from the main board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	missing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	430126

The former owner of the disassembly process should be damaged.

We have information about the values ​​of these components?

By the way, looking for photos in good resolution, I found this page which would be a serial connection.
    Is it possible to JTAG recovery or something?

I will try to repair the main board first and then test this method you showed me.

According to these images, my version is one UG802 V1 (Rev2) T002 V2 20121207

Comes with Android 4.1, RK3066, Realtek RTL8188EUS, without Bluetooth.

Again, thanks for the help.

Originally posted by neomode View Post
    Hello spilner,

Your Device looks like a MK802IIIS. What I see is the following:

- They Change the Wifi Chip
    - It is a older Version of the PCB than mine
    - You have no Reset Button
    - You have no OTG Port

Try to Install this Rom. There you can try to Enable the Kernel Module for your Wifi Module.

If you need help let me know.

Neomode

Comment

AW: WARNING, NEWS, and ROM - New model UG802 different wifi!!

I can measure my Resistors and tell you the failures of it.

Neomode Freaktab.com Developer

Comment

hi

i ve got a UG802 v2 clone with reset botton and the rtl8188eus wifi chip.the wifi antenna is connected like this one
        The model name is S19C and it has Android 4.2.1. I would like to make an backup and share it for rom deving...

I also would like to use finless Rom, but i wasnt shure which one i should pick ?

Thanx for your help

Comment

Hello,

It will be great when you can make a Backup of your Rom. We can use it for many DeviceĀ“s with 3.08+ Kernel to get Android 4.2.1 to Work.

To get ADB to Work make the follow:

Download this install it and run it one Time to detect your Device, make sure Debugging is Enabeld.

The Download this ADB Package to Work with ADB.

If you need more help @ the Backup let us know.

You Device looks like a MK802IIIS. A I Mito MX1 Rom should Work. But i think you need a Driver for the Wifi Chip.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            initrd (the ram disk of many other ROMs that hold the init files) is not the same for Rockchip.
            boot.img holds the init.rc file and other rc files that initialize things. We really do not have a initrd (ram disk) of sorts with Rockchip (there is but it's empty). It is very unlike AMLogic or All Winner ROMs.

Bob
            Can you point me to the source repository that you guys use? Also, does the recovery image have its own kernel?

Thanks

Comment

Working finless rom for ug802 v2

Originally posted by DGMac View Post
              Thanks, Bob, that did fix the wifi. So, I'm guessing it's something in initrd that's making the difference. Therer are several hoops that I'd like to make this thing jump through, like using a bluetooth dongle. For that, I'm going to need a bit more flexibility in the kernel that I use. Let me play with it a bit from that angle.
              Could you please zip and upload the working rom( the full folder as such) so that it will he helpful for all those who lost their wifi after flashing the original finless.

Bob, I think you can mark this thread as solved and point the download location in the first page.

Comment

UG802-2 1.8 beta with stock kernel

Originally posted by jeevas.v View Post
                Could you please zip and upload the working rom( the full folder as such) so that it will he helpful for all those who lost their wifi after flashing the original finless.

Bob, I think you can mark this thread as solved and point the download location in the first page.
                Wifi works, but not bluetooth. I'd like to get that going too. I just tried to upload it, and it said that the file is too large. Is there another mechanism for uploads besides Manage Attachments?

Comment

Hi all, I have UG802 II Android 4.1.1 Google TV Player w / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth v3.1 / 1GB RAM / ROM 8GB - Black ... and for not reading, I put the 1.8 rom. I lost wifi, try other methods like putting stock rom (stays in the 2 penguins) 1.8 rom with stock kernel (is that in 2 penguins).
                  I need help in order to regain the wifi ... Thank you for your help.
                  Sorry for my English, use google translator

in spanish:
                  Hola a todos, tengo Android UG802 II 4.1.1 Google TV Player w / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth v3.1 / 1GB RAM / ROM 8GB - Negro ... y por no leer, puse la rom 1.8. Perdi wifi, intente otros metodos como poner la rom stock (se queda en los 2 pinguinos), rom 1.8 con kernel stock (se que en 2 pinguinos).
                  Necesito ayuda para poder volver a recuperar el wifi... Gracias por su ayuda.
                  Perdon por mi ingles, usando google traductor

Comment

Which Finless to use?

Thanks to Ken and his DUMP I made a stock ROM for you clone guys.

This is not rooted or anything. Just a stock ROM for you.

ROM DOWNLOAD -> CLONE UG802 Stock ROM (228 megs)

Bob
                    Hi,
                    I can get my WIFI working with above clone stock ROM. So which custom Finless ROM I can use?
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shadow_g View Post
                      Hi,
                      I can get my WIFI working with above clone stock ROM. So which custom Finless ROM I can use?
                      Thanks
                      I have 1.8 on my UG802v2 (1.7 had no problem either). Please keep in mind that you have to use the stock kernel image for wifi support! Good luck!

Comment

It's the kernel..... I need a stock ROM to help period!

Bob
                        I just want to share some Stuff i got. I have an ug802 aka S19C with rtl8188eus wifi chip and Android 4.2.1... Maybe you could do a Custom Rom for it

here you can find my NAND Backup Files...

Comment

HW mod for V2 boards to use V1 kernel.

I have found the difference at wifi connection on UG802 V2 clone boards (MiniTV SW601...)

There is an aditional MOSFET (blue) that controls the power supply of the wifi module. After adding a solder blob that bridge this MOSFET wifi works with UG802 Stock and other V1 kernels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	conrad-u2a-mod.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	430999

For all user that have flashing problems try other Loader. At my board only 1.11 and 1.28 works.

Comment

UG802 WITH UG007 MOTHER BOARD

Here I attach pictures of my new UG802 with 4.2 android. I flashed with finless 1.8 and the wifi doesnt work. I have flashed again with several ROMS but I cannot recover wifi. Is there any ROM to solve my problem? I bought the minipc to use XBMC and, without wifi, it is useless. (Sorry for my english!!!) Help me, I'm desoperate!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like an UG007II with MTK Chipset:

Try the UG007II RK3066/MTK from ugoos.tv: https://mega.co.nz/#!LF5yEJbC!OXw-v0...sOseYcboo2FrFI

Comment

Originally posted by etna0815 View Post
                                Looks like an UG007II with MTK Chipset:

Try the UG007II RK3066/MTK from ugoos.tv: https://mega.co.nz/#!LF5yEJbC!OXw-v0...sOseYcboo2FrFI
                                Thank you for your answer!! Finally I solved the problem with the finless 1.7 rom for u007/Imito mx1/2. It seems that we should open our mini-pc to know what kind of motherboard the chinesse people has mounted in ours UG802 to install new ROMS.

Comment

Working...
                                X