Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another clone! (CX803 - FX5) but with external antenna and reset switch button!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another clone! (XC803 - FX5) but with external antenna and reset switch button!!!

Hehe now i understand you are talking about 3g dongle.Is that right?

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Another clone! (XC803 - FX5) but with external antenna and reset switch button!!!

Ok Bob nevermind about the ethernet i am patience waiting for your final tweak rom.Thanks.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Huh? You plug in a Ethernet USB stick! BANG... it works!

How did you expect to get Ethernet any other way without adding hardware?

I am confused

Maybe there is some language problem? I try my best to understand.

Bob
        Yep, the ethernet works now. Great! May have some flaws while blue ray files(48Mbps) playing on LAN every 5 to 10 minutes due to the USB2.0 100M LAN adapter(could be replaced with a AX88178 1G adapter) or the HDD cache(could be adjusted on PC).

Since cx803/Fx5/V8 won't have the overheated issue, stock CPU setting for cx803 at 1200 seems too low(Antutu benchmark 6xxx), as I remember, the stock CPU setting for Fx's at 1500 or 1400 something(antutu benchmark 8xxx). But it's ok for me, I seldom play video games with the stick. I've wii COD7 already.

The last one, the 1080p kernel, hope there will be one soon.

You did a great job again for rk3066 users, you're the man! salute.

Forget my always overheated MK808b now, maybe I will install a linux on that later.

thx a lot, Bob.

Comment

Hi all,

I live in Shanghai, behind Big Firewall of China. Since Google sites are severly cripled by this, I am unable to download Bob's beta Rom for testing. The Freaktab forum is also opening very slow... :-(

Is there an alternative site where I can download beta, or final Finless ROM when finished.?

Must say I am new to Android etc, and really must give thumbs up to Bob Finless for the excellent things he is doing.

Got a FX5, at first with intention to use for skype, watching streaming tv and tv-series through Chinese apps (PPTV, Sohu) as well as listening to Dutch radio (I am from the netherlands). Webbrowsing, and for work, for training or presentations: connect stick to beamer hdmi port and play ppt or rdp to my windows machine (remote rdp app does the trick).

Problems with the stock rom 20130225:

- Default Launcher cannot be changed.
          - Well my webcam did not work with Android or FX5 (anyone knows which cams do work?), so video Skype is out.
          - The Wifi is suffering from interruptions (connection seems to stay up, just not responsive) which happen irregularly (sometmes after 60 mins, sometimes every 2 mins) and I have to turn wifi off and on. This is not fun when watching streaming tv. Reception is ok though.
          - USBLan adapter worked with previous stock rom (although only when inserting usbadapter after boot), this stockrom it is does not work.

Hope Finless Rom can solve some of these issues.

Thanks!

Comment

finless 1.7

installed finless 1.7, but does it have the function of plugging into computer usb and show up the removable drive?

In the original version i am able to see that but finless 1.7 cant?

Comment

In settings/usb there is the option.
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Take a little more time to explain exactly what you are trying to achieve so we may help you better.
                Thank you

JIM
                ICOO D70PRO II

Comment

Originally posted by rudi.007 View Post
                  - The Wifi is suffering from interruptions (connection seems to stay up, just not responsive) which happen irregularly (sometmes after 60 mins, sometimes every 2 mins) and I have to turn wifi off and on. This is not fun when watching streaming tv. Reception is ok though.
                  Thanks!
                  I think Wifi is biggest issue on this device at the moment.Even if Full signal internet very sluggish.Web sites load very slow.i couldn't figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by human75 View Post
                    I think Wifi is biggest issue on this device at the moment.Even if Full signal internet very sluggish.Web sites load very slow.i couldn't figure out.
                    Hi, I'd tried on both Fx5 and cx803, in my opinion, WiFi channel 13 or 14 worked great with my dir-655 router, connect at 150Mbps and transfer rate at 39Mbps max. Good or bad? (3T3R 150Mbps connection but only has 39Mbps max transfer rate! )
                    Since it's a small antenna, 1dbi or what? DIR-655 has 3x 2dbi antennas, if you've a wifi router with 5dbi or even larger antenna, it would have a poor result on transfer rate, me think.
                    MK808x has two internal flat antennas, may be much powerful than the little external antenna of cx803/fx(in case they're real, same as the same kind of antennas from TYCO. )

I've an USB LAN adapter now, transfer rate at 8x-100Mbps max, won't care too much about the wifi, bluetooth, antenna.................... everything's fine, thanks.

Comment

Final ROM is almost done! I just flashed and tested it.

It now has everything in it my other 1.7 ROMs have.

Do you all want me to put in the XBMC Rockchip hardware accellerated libstargefright.so?
                      It is currently not in any MK808 ROMs but I have put it in my ug802 and MX1/2 ROMs. Reports are good so far.

See info here regarding this new library.

Let me know,
                      Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

OK I pulled the BETA ROM. I am uploading the final ROM.

This will have the new libstagefright.so from Rockchip to fix hardware decoding in XBMC. I leave the old one there incase you want to go back. Instructions will be in the README in the ROM kit.

I will be making a new post for this ROM.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ilearner View Post
                          Yep, the ethernet works now. Great! May have some flaws while blue ray files(48Mbps) playing on LAN every 5 to 10 minutes due to the USB2.0 100M LAN adapter(could be replaced with a AX88178 1G adapter) or the HDD cache(could be adjusted on PC).

FYI, I have a AX88178 adapter (Sitecom LN-031) - it does not seem to work. Let me know if you have different results...

Comment

Originally posted by svadu View Post
                            FYI, I have a AX88178 adapter (Sitecom LN-031) - it does not seem to work. Let me know if you have different results...
                            Hi, I don't have AX88178 yet(I've AX88772b), but sure it can work. Maybe we need to compile the driver into the kernel again?

Linux/Android kernel for the Rockchip RK3066 SoC. Contribute to AndrewDB/rk3066-kernel development by creating an account on GitHub.

/* ASIX AX8817X based USB 2.0 Ethernet Devices */

static int ax8817x_read_cmd(struct usbnet *dev, u8 cmd, u16 value, u16 index,
                            u16 size, void *data)
                            {

http://linux.m2osw.com/asix-electronics-ax88178-driver

Comment

cx803 clone is there.
                              cx803b(with MediaTek WiFi/BT chips)

http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1051&p=10885#p10885
                              Last edited by ilearner; 03-10-2013, 16:26.

Comment

So this seems to add bluetooth.

My current ROM may work but good chance wifi and BT will not.

If I am to make a 1.7 ROM for this, I will need the stock ROM to pull all the needed drivers etc from.

Until there is a stock ROM available or a ROM dump from this device, I suggest TO NOT flash any other ROMs to this new device until we have a stock ROM to go back to!

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X