Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another clone! (CX803 - FX5) but with external antenna and reset switch button!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems all clone version of RK3066's product with bluetooth would have MediaTek chips(both WiFi and Bluetooth), except original MK808b(RK903 or BCM4329)

Comment

Not entirley true. My MX1 and MK808B do not share the same wifi/bt chip. I also think the Neo X5 uses a different chip. I can say that the ROMs from one to the other will not work until I copy over the stock wifi, bt, and other binaries that support the chip.

Also the chip may not be on the same IO control. Thus even if you have the correct drivers the ROM may not work. I have run into this as well with the same dang chip!

So be careful. If you dont have a stock ROM you risk loosing wifi/bt forever until a stock ROM is available.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        So this seems to add bluetooth.

My current ROM may work but good chance wifi and BT will not.

If I am to make a 1.7 ROM for this, I will need the stock ROM to pull all the needed drivers etc from.

Until there is a stock ROM available or a ROM dump from this device, I suggest TO NOT flash any other ROMs to this new device until we have a stock ROM to go back to!

Bob
        Hi, Bob
        Does the AX88178 USB 2.0 1G LAN adapter work with MK808b or cx803?
        Linux/Android kernel for the Rockchip RK3066 SoC. Contribute to AndrewDB/rk3066-kernel development by creating an account on GitHub.

from the above mentioned URL, I found RK3066 can work with AX88178 USB adapter, but some user said it can't work, it seems that the AX88178.ko not compile into the 1.7 kernel.

thx.

Comment

We have tried and no, the KO module will not work for some reason.

Bob

Comment

Bob
            This may help
            My Story First of all, if I got this device it is because my two integrated NIC Card on my P55A-UD4P died. One of them does not even light up. Completely dead! When connected to my modem, the light on the modem doesn't come up either. Weird! That's the first NIC that broke on me like this. I plugged my cable in the other NIC, just in case, and

Comment

[QUOTE=Finless;55872]Final ROM is almost done! I just flashed and tested it.

It now has everything in it my other 1.7 ROMs have.

Do you all want me to put in the XBMC Rockchip hardware accellerated libstargefright.so?
              It is currently not in any MK808 ROMs but I have put it in my ug802 and MX1/2 ROMs. Reports are good so far.

See info here regarding this new library.

Let me know,
              Bob[/QUOTE

that will be veryy cool i tried but not suceed

regards

Comment

Bob
                Everything's fine with the brand new Finless 1.7 final ROM for cx803/fx5/v8.
                thanks.

Hope to see AX88178 support for all these RK3066(MK808x/cx803) stick soon.

Comment

BT Dongle

Nice Rom!
                  Is it possible to get my usb bt dongle running with this ROM?

regards

Comment

Re: Another clone! (CX803 - FX5) but with external antenna and reset switch button!!!

Originally posted by haustier View Post
                    Nice Rom!
                    Is it possible to get my usb bt dongle running with this ROM?

regards
                    Is a pain make those devices work in stick, lewy is working in it and sometimes work and sometimes not
                    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                    My devices:
                    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                    Gearbest.com)
                    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                      Is a pain make those devices work in stick, lewy is working in it and sometimes work and sometimes not
                      Same problem I have seen with CM10. It will work sometimes and not others! I ported and made the modifications that CM10 used for BT dongle support and got the same results on MK808 ROM. 2dark4u even tried compiling in the BT drivers and we were still unable to get it working reliably.

Bob

Comment

Same problem I have seen with CM10. It will work sometimes and not others! I ported and made the modifications that CM10 used for BT dongle support and got the same results on MK808 ROM. 2dark4u even tried compiling in the BT drivers and we were still unable to get it working reliably.

Bob
                        Can you share your modifications? I want to try it by myself. It will be useful if i had not to start by zero.

Comment

Originally posted by haustier View Post
                          Can you share your modifications? I want to try it by myself. It will be useful if i had not to start by zero.
                          Topic is here:

Bob

Comment

Stock Firmware CX-803B

Stock Firmware for the CX-803B : http://vondroid.com/threads/cx-803b-.../#.UWyuPrVWx8E

I Bought a CX-803 II from this website : http://www.dhgate.com/cx-803ii-andro...ce1c410bc.html

and I flash it with the Custom Firmware 1.7 of bob and now I dont have Wifi and Bluetooth anymore so i dont know why ... I dont know if it's because I have the 803B model and I dont know it or because it's something else but can someone do a custom roms for me ? with the Wifi working please ?

Thank You .

Comment

Did you managed to find a fix ? I'm having the same problem even using Finless...

Originally posted by picaye View Post
                              done some further testing. Looks like the stick tends to loose wireless connection after some hours. reboot helps to get it back (but shouldnt loose in first place)

playback of video has issues. default player works best - other players like bsplayers etc dont really work (start video but it's all artifacts)

Comment

i was bricking my CX803 v1.6 130121

Dear All
                                I was purchasing one CX803 v1.6 and i was not really happy with the software because the stock rom was with cpu frequenzy set to 252mhz so i decided to update to Finless v1.7 Rom. I was updating and all was ok except that i was missing the sound. Then i was reading in the forum...trying 15 different solutions and the sound is not coming back. Some minutes ago i was doing the last try with a different rom and i was bricking the stick Now is showing no signal all the time in the tv and i dont know how to update the firmware again. Anyone can help me?

Comment

Working...
                                X