X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External 3G dongle support

Are there any fw versions for MX1 supporting external 3G dongle? Thanks

Comment

The manual hide bar is there. Just not when your on the desktop home screen. When you launch an APP it shows up on the system bar again. Yes XBMC needs to allow you to hide it within the APP like other APPs do. I do understand when you run XBMC and then manually hide the status bar the mouse is off. I am not sure what to do about that.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

The XBMC devs are aware of the menu bar issue and it's on their bug list as I gathered by their responses to complaints over on the xbmcandroid forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          I do understand when you run XBMC and then manually hide the status bar the mouse is off. I am not sure what to do about that.

Bob
          Well could you put the manual hide icon back on the home screen menu bar? It worked great in 1.5 allowing us to hide the bar before launching XBMC.

UPDATE: I installed the XBMCANDROID.COM version of XBMC and with auto hide enabled, the menu is still visible, however, when you actually play a video, the built in player sees the auto hide and shows the video full screen while the official XBMC version does not hide it when playing a video. If you have not tried this version, you should as it already has ALL the major plugins installed by default with direct icons to them from the main screen, such as 1Channel, Icefilms, and Project Free TV. Very stable and works great with MX1 and Finless 1.7

Comment

Great Rom

Works perfect on my imito mx2 and also on mk809 II

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7 - BETA

Just wanted to say thanks!

1.7a works perfectly on my mk809ii.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

BETA is over

Based on feedback I am calling this beta test over. The ROM links are the same and are considered the launched ROM from me.

Enjoy,
                Bob

Comment

Congrats, Bob. 1.7a looks good to me.

The major "tweak" for me was changing to 240 density (with the 1080p display) which seems to be working well with my software and the Go HD launcher. With 160 density I could not get the desktop icons and text or some software screen text to readable size with the available settings. Also using the "large" font setting caused overlap problems. So, the 240 density change was completely necessary. After that "normal" font and icon sizes worked just fine and I've seen no glitches. It would be easier for Android newbies like me if there were a setting for density and perhaps the hardware ID you customized, or some way to more simply swap between build files, but I guess that would be a lot of work for something you guys think of as trivial. However, simplifying key element options like that would make your ROMs mainstream.

Also, what's involved in making ROM img files? It sure would simplify installation if you had 720p and 1080p img files.

Regardless, thank you for making my MX2 work so well.

Bill

Comment

wireless

when I install 1.7a with 1080p i can not get wireless to turn on at all. I then tried to goto 1.5 and only way i could get wireless to work was install the rom twice. I then tried this with 1.7a 1080p and wireless still didn't work. any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by jjwalker2 View Post
                      Bob,
                      I haven't come across any issues with 1.7 yet but have a question regarding the coding and the iMito display output. The Comcast Xfinity TV app will not play any video because it thinks that the HDMI output of the iMito is a secondary display. Is there somewhere in the ROM that reports this that can be changed to consider the HDMI output as the primary display?
                      Thanks, JJ
                      I too am having this issue, anyone have any idea how to get the Xfinity app to play?

Comment

Build.prop question

Bob:

In the section of the build.prop file where you made your performance tweaks, you change the wifi supplicant scan interval to 100 and comment out the 15 setting line. However, later in the file under Additional Build properties I see the wifi supplicant interval 15 line again not commented out. Won't this defeat the 100 setting? Sorry I didn't notice and ask about this earlier.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by billbmsn View Post
                          Bob:

In the section of the build.prop file where you made your performance tweaks, you change the wifi supplicant scan interval to 100 and comment out the 15 setting line. However, later in the file under Additional Build properties I see the wifi supplicant interval 15 line again not commented out. Won't this defeat the 100 setting? Sorry I didn't notice and ask about this earlier.

Bill
                          Yes I just today saw this bug when making my Measy ROM. Just comment out the last line in build.prop for this and it will work. Sorry about that and THANK YOU for pointing it out.

Bob

Comment

Samba Filesharing

Hello,

I installed the version 1.7a 720p on my MK802iiis.
                            I can not run Samba Filesharing. The app starts but when I try to enable it closes.
                            Anybody knows any app to share drives with my pc?
                            Thanks in advance.

regards,

I edit: After a hard reset samba is working.
                            Last edited by jpci; 03-06-2013, 19:17.

Comment

This rom worked fine when first installed. Now for some reason all of the apps that came on the rom, once opened either from the app drawer or the desktop, force closes. So now i can't open the play store, browser, or any other app. Am i missing somthing.

Comment

THANK YOU

I just registered to thank Bob for this 1.7 ROM.

I just loaded it this afternoon and am up and running smooth.

I greatly appreciate the effort and work that has gone into making this.

Great icing on the cake. I was really hesitant about buying an Imito MX1 and had been running the finless 1.5 since I got it in early January.

Now my TV seem to be much sharper with better color saturation.

I still get a little stutter or hesitation with questionable video files, but the improvement on NETFLIX is amazing.

Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                                X