Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    Mac_L1

Any plans to compile Firefox/Chrome browser with lybhybris support for smooth video playback in a browser?
    Maybe MPlayer for local video playback?
    Other apps with EGL support for GPU acceleration and smooth scrolling?
    No big projects yet... First spmc with hevc support...
    But looked shortly at Firefox/ chrome - would be great to play netflix!: the are quite big and complex... So takes a lot of time to sort the best solution out and make it work... Probably a hook in chromes ffmpeg part would be best solution... Mplayer is also quite doable (with sdl2 that memeka already supports on odroid)...
    Having HDMI-CEC support (on android and linux) would also be great - code seems already available...

Wonder if there are some other linux developers out there willing to spend some serious time into this, and make a dev team - let me know!; as just now my two biggest projects are my 2 kids (aged 1 and 3 yrs) leaving me only 4-8 hrs per week to have some rockchip fun...
    Support my work to make you a better multimedia experience...
    And Donate...

Comment

Originally posted by gffmac View Post

Glad it's not just me, would be great to get this working for 1080p mkvs. I've got sabnzbd and sickbeard working so would be great to have kodi working at least on par with Android.
      Wonder if the sound issues are also there when playing from YouTube addon in kodi? Or maybe only on local/connected media?

Also noted some stuttering past months (and sometimes not, on the same devices)... Dont know exactly what's the cause... Have the feeling it has nothing to do with kodi (for sure not libhybris) but with a crappy alsa audio device driver in kernel and also maybe related to (emmc/nand/usb) memory access (shared irqs/ resources or so).. Because sometimes I also get cracking sound with mplayer... Actually I experimented with alsa-mixer and kodi at the same time and then got clean sound... Also pulseaudio (on top of alsa) is not working (as kodi also supports pulseaudio)... Would be great to get pulse working, would probably solve all problems for most applications...

There are also some different kernels out there having different alsa driver patches to solve sound issues (firefly/ radxa/ ...) There could be the solution...
      Just hope that somebody or some maufacturer pick this up and fix it...

Also wonder if using a usb-audio-speakers would solve the problem? peba suggested he didnt experience any problems with that...
      And Donate...

Comment

Originally posted by MAC_L1 View Post

Wonder if the sound issues are also there when playing from YouTube addon in kodi? Or maybe only on local/connected media?

Also noted some stuttering past months (and sometimes not, on the same devices)... Dont know exactly what's the cause... Have the feeling it has nothing to do with kodi (for sure not libhybris) but with a crappy alsa audio device driver in kernel and also maybe related to (emmc/nand/usb) memory access (shared irqs/ resources or so).. Because sometimes I also get cracking sound with mplayer... Actually I experimented with alsa-mixer and kodi at the same time and then got clean sound... Also pulseaudio (on top of alsa) is not working (as kodi also supports pulseaudio)... Would be great to get pulse working, would probably solve all problems for most applications...

There are also some different kernels out there having different alsa driver patches to solve sound issues (firefly/ radxa/ ...) There could be the solution...

Also wonder if using a usb-audio-speakers would solve the problem? peba suggested he didnt experience any problems with that...
        Tried the youtube addon and that worked fine (audio/video) but wouldnt offer up anything higher than 720p even though the addon was configured for 1080p.

Currently testing Rabian http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...bution-on-ut3s with kodi as per your instructions and seems to running very nice but with no audio of course.

Comment

Great work, really great :-)

Just wondered did you make any changes to the kernel to get this working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No big projects yet... First spmc with hevc support...
            But looked shortly at Firefox/ chrome - would be great to play netflix!: the are quite big and complex... So takes a lot of time to sort the best solution out and make it work... Probably a hook in chromes ffmpeg part would be best solution... Mplayer is also quite doable (with sdl2 that memeka already supports on odroid)...
            Having HDMI-CEC support (on android and linux) would also be great - code seems already available...

Wonder if there are some other linux developers out there willing to spend some serious time into this, and make a dev team - let me know!; as just now my two biggest projects are my 2 kids (aged 1 and 3 yrs) leaving me only 4-8 hrs per week to have some rockchip fun...

firefox/chrome is not that easy to compile with libhybris support
            mplayer i guess could be compiled , but that would add only support for output (interface), not for decoding. so that won't get you much vs. x11 (egl). getting hyb decoding in mplayer would be much more difficult.
            HDMI-CEC needs code added to libcec - there was a community effort (@vamanea) to add support for exynos, but that will not work on rk: https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libce...75503dc6a3637e

Comment

Originally posted by andykirby View Post
              Great work, really great :-)

Just wondered did you make any changes to the kernel to get this working?

No: no changes to the kernel were needed. For every image I used the original manufacturer image and only changed the parameter file so that the kernel does not install a framebuffer console (interfering with libhybris)
              And Donate...

Comment

Ok thanks for confirming that.

I have it working now on the Rikomagic V5 LE & MK902II LE

Sound is glitching so it seems like we are having the same issue as you?

Interesting that if we use a USB sound card the audio works fine.

Comment

MAC_L1, my device is with different CPU - rk3188. Do you think that I might be able to run Your version of Kodi with vpu acceleration?

Comment

[URL="http://freaktab.com/member/40513-mac_l1"]MAC_L1

Please rar or 7zip images to take less space and download faster.

Comment

Originally posted by alextk69 View Post
                      MAC_L1, my device is with different CPU - rk3188. Do you think that I might be able to run Your version of Kodi with vpu acceleration?
                      This version will not work as it is compiled for rk3288. However, I have had kodi and especially libhybris running before on my rk3188 device - basically with the same code but compiled on rk3188. Performance wasnt that great: I only got about 20fps for 1080p rendering. Thats why I also didnt make the effort to make a complete package. Maybe with 720p rendering performance is better and kodi becomes usable.
                      And Donate...

Comment

Rockchip already have Android M and Linux Mate kernel 4.0 running on their Chromebooks internally, so jealous.
                        Looking at the Chrome source code, it looks like there are completely different VPU drivers for video playback.
                        If only someone could port Chrome OS to our lovely RK3288's with all it's GPU and VPU goodness.

Comment

[URL="http://freaktab.com/member/40513-mac_l1"]MAC_L1

Please rar or 7zip images to take less space and download faster.

MAC_L1 : let me know if you would like me to host a high speed mirror!

edit1: The GPU drivers in the Android 5.1 image from Tronsmart must be better, I am getting double the FPS in a Open GL ES 3.0 benchmark (22fps - 28fps) vs (8 fps - 11 fps) in Android 4.4.2 images..

edit2: Any idea on when you plan to make the source code available?
                          The patches for the 23.976 stuttering fix are here: http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.php?m...extra=page%3D1

I'd like to integrate these fixes into the current Android 4.4.2 SDK, and later the Android 5.1 SDK once it is available. This should greatly improve quality of playback.

Comment

Originally posted by encore2097 View Post

MAC_L1 : let me know if you would like me to host a high speed mirror!

edit1: The GPU drivers in the Android 5.1 image from Tronsmart must be better, I am getting double the FPS in a Open GL ES 3.0 benchmark (22fps - 28fps) vs (8 fps - 11 fps) in Android 4.4.2 images..

edit2: Any idea on when you plan to make the source code available?
                            The patches for the 23.976 stuttering fix are here: http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.php?m...extra=page%3D1

I'd like to integrate these fixes into the current Android 4.4.2 SDK, and later the Android 5.1 SDK once it is available. This should greatly improve quality of playback.

Hi

You can decompile the http://mac-l1.com/machybris-0.1.0_armhf.deb with these instructions
                            http://ailoo.net/2009/06/repack-a-de...with-dpkg-deb/

Then create a new system.img in linux and copy the files over from the old system.img that you got from extracted machybris-0.1.0_armhf.deb(browse the extracted folders system.img is somewhere).
                            Now copy the *.so files located in the 23.976 fix zip file into system/lib(new system.img you created)
                            Then unmount the new system.img
                            Then copy the new system.img into the same place as the original one in the extracted machybris-0.1.0_armhf.deb folder.
                            Now rebuild machybris-0.1.0_armhf.deb
                            Now you can install the new machybris-0.1.0_armhf.deb with updated fixes.

But don't think it will work with Android 5, maybe try just standalone system.img of Android 5 without making changes.

Maybe someone can repack latest
                            - Rabian - http://build.radxa.com/rabian/nightl...50727/rockdev/ since you can't use your own kernel on the April build because the radxa kernel is from July 2015 and not bootable on April Rabian https://github.com/radxa/linux-rockc...k2-square-rbox
                            - Latest Xubuntu 15.04 from UGOOS - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...119#post514119
                            But please zip or 7zip so download is less than 1GB. Mac_L1 server is also a bit slow.

Comment

Hi

You can decompile the http://mac-l1.com/machybris-0.1.0_armhf.deb with these instructions
                              http://ailoo.net/2009/06/repack-a-de...with-dpkg-deb/

Then create a new system.img in linux and copy the files over from the old system.img that you got from extracted machybris-0.1.0_armhf.deb(browse the extracted folders system.img is somewhere).
                              Now copy the *.so files located in the 23.976 fix zip file into system/lib(new system.img you created)
                              Then unmount the new system.img
                              Then copy the new system.img into the same place as the original one in the extracted machybris-0.1.0_armhf.deb folder.
                              Now rebuild machybris-0.1.0_armhf.deb
                              Now you can install the new machybris-0.1.0_armhf.deb with updated fixes.

But don't think it will work with Android 5, maybe try just standalone system.img of Android 5 without making changes.

Maybe someone can repack latest
                              - Rabian - http://build.radxa.com/rabian/nightl...50727/rockdev/ since you can't use your own kernel on the April build because the radxa kernel is from July 2015 and not bootable on April Rabian https://github.com/radxa/linux-rockc...k2-square-rbox
                              - Latest Xubuntu 15.04 from UGOOS - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...119#post514119
                              But please zip or 7zip so download is less than 1GB. Mac_L1 server is also a bit slow.

Hi mo123, thanks for the detailed response. Unfortunately, its not possible to copy over the *.so files since the 23.976 fix has none included. It is a set of patches to the video code in the SDK. The *.so files need to be recompiled.

As for the Android 5.1 SDK, once it is released it will hopefully be as simple as applying the same set of libhybris patches to the SDK and referencing the updated graphics / VPU libraries.

Comment

Is pulseaudio still not working for you ?
                                On my UT3S with USB speakers pulseaudio works just fine.
                                I installed pavucontrol and selected the external speakers as output and fallback device.
                                then aplay *wav should play sound on your selected default device.
                                After that I can use pluseaudio from XBMC without any issues.

On my UT3S device i have an issue with the built-in sound via headphone, this does not work at all for me :-(
                                On my UT3 the headphone output works a bit with alsa (stuttering) but not with pulseaudio :-(

Last edited by peba; 08-12-2015, 22:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X