No announcement yet.

XBMC / Kodi on Linux/RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, should work, but there may be missing drivers for sound or WIFI and fan control. I got it working on the Ugoos UT3S with some small restrictions. Ask Hph if they plan to release an updated Linux version special built for your device.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadi86 View Post
      Wonder if this will work on mine RK3288 box from Hph?

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk
      It should work.
      You can build your own kernel, Mac_L1 also made a ffplay for Linux.
      https://forum.mqmaker.com/t/miqi-tes...or-vdpau/506/8
      https://github.com/rockchip-linux/ke...ts/release-4.4
      GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123

Thanks MO,

Do you have any plans to do dual boot.. Debian/Android.. It's would be great!

And thanks again!

Comment

Thanks MO,

Do you have any plans to do dual boot.. Debian/Android.. It's would be great!

And thanks again!

I'll have to experiment again with Linux.
          But since it looks like video playback is working well, I'll test it soon.

Comment

If you build the kernel for try it out, can you share it's with me, i don't know how to build and I want to try the Debian.. Many thanks

Comment

If you build the kernel for try it out, can you share it's with me, i don't know how to build and I want to try the Debian.. Many thanks

In the meantime you can try the new Android v1.9 HPH firmware released.
              It should work quite good and Kodi/NTMC runs great.

I think I might only try Debian later this week since it will take a lot of time to test.
              Linux will work much better on a RK3399
              The HPH RK3399 details is on their site, can't wait for it to be released.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123

I think I might only try Debian later this week since it will take a lot of time to test.

Was already to think for try out your new firmware, hopes it's work great.. BTW tell us how great Debian work on Rk3288 when you have time to try it out

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Why do you say Linux will run better on a RK3399 device?? Isn't it a lowered powered SoC?
                  thanks, MO
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Nope its the new Beast coming Get your wallet open now...
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      I want PROOF this time........
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

OH, I was thinking of the 3229 SoC. What are the specs of the 3399??

Comment

Have a look here.
                          There is better info out there, but I'm on my phone and searching and pasting is a PIA, so I went with the first I found.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                            Have a look here.
                            There is better info out there, but I'm on my phone and searching and pasting is a PIA, so I went with the first I found.
                            Good info, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                              I wouldn't go that far. Cortex-A72 at 28nm node isn't anything super exciting. It will be limited to 2Ghz frequency and that will not get you much more performance than Cortex-A17 in RK3288. Proof. (Note: info mention 1.51GHz frequncy but I'm almost certain that this was read from Corex-A53 cores and Cortec-A72 is working at 2GHz). Performance boost is visible mostly for AES encryption thanks to ARMv8 new instructions. HTML and JavaScript doesn't get any significant boost. Multithreading is even worse.

Another strange thing is that this SoC was announced at CES 2016. And year later it isn't still available. RK3288 was announced at CES 2014 and delivered to market in Q3 2014. For RK3399 it will be Q2 2017.

But might be true that RK3399 will be better with linux than RK3288 because RockChip is putting much effort into developing mainstream kernel version 4.4.
                              RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                              Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                              bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                                I wouldn't go that far. Cortex-A72 at 28nm node isn't anything super exciting. It will be limited to 2Ghz frequency and that will not get you much more performance than Cortex-A17 in RK3288. Proof. (Note: info mention 1.51GHz frequncy but I'm almost certain that this was read from Corex-A53 cores and Cortec-A72 is working at 2GHz). Performance boost is visible mostly for AES encryption thanks to ARMv8 new instructions. HTML and JavaScript doesn't get any significant boost. Multithreading is even worse.

Another strange thing is that this SoC was announced at CES 2016. And year later it isn't still available. RK3288 was announced at CES 2014 and delivered to market in Q3 2014. For RK3399 it will be Q2 2017.

But might be true that RK3399 will be better with linux than RK3288 because RockChip is putting much effort into developing mainstream kernel version 4.4.
                                Thanks for that info.

Comment

Working...
                                X