No announcement yet.

XBMC / Kodi on Linux/RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed the Linux-only image on the UT3S without a hitch. Finally, a full linux-based rk3288 server running XBMC!! (donation 'in the mail') So far the Kodi 14 Helix is running perfectly. But being the type that always wants the latest version of whatever, I tried updating to Kodi 15.1, Isengard. But as suspected, this would not install because of unmet and uninstallable dependencies. So I'm sure this means we'll have to wait for a new image for an updated Kodi, right?

Comment

My design for the Ugoos UT3S is as a linux-only file and webserver as well as a media server running Kodi. The rk3288 has the horse power, and with MACK_L1's firmware it now has the video capabilities for Kodi (Yay MACK!!) So I have attempted to move my Raid array from an Odroid XU-4 to the UT but the Raid array will not assemble. The install error: "W: mdadm: failed to load MD subsystem" makes me suspect lack of Raid support in the kernel. Does anyone know?

Comment

Went with the dual boot image myself, works like a charm Played some 720p HEVC clips at various bitrates and it held together well. I'm hoping to use my firefly rk3288s as STBs for streaming HEVC, so I have some things to figure out still, but this is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by andykirby View Post
          Great work, really great :-)

Just wondered did you make any changes to the kernel to get this working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Hi Andy I see that you already posted this on the ricomagic site are you going to share the mk902ii build with the freaktab community as well kinda seems your using mac1 improvements and keeping your development to yourself in my view. If you are in fact the same person that runs that forum. If you are it would be nice to see your version of this update posted for users at freaktab. 😆
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

+100

Comment

Well it seems that he's posted the mod on his site . And released that it's now shipping with the new boxes and can't see one mention of Mac1 contribution to getting this going on his sales site (there is a mention on his forum) Kinda SAD that he wouldn't at least promote that since he's profiting off it already. Mac1 you have done what manufactures of these device hasn't and Should have my hats off to you and the work you did no small deed.....
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Comment

Would we be able to switch out the manufacture kernel for the device we have to get wifi Bluetooth working? If some one do a step by step for flash process as it little complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    Well it seems that he's posted the mod on his site . And released that it's now shipping with the new boxes and can't see one mention of Mac1 contribution to getting this going on his sales site (there is a mention on his forum) Kinda SAD that he wouldn't at least promote that since he's profiting off it already. Mac1 you have done what manufactures of these device hasn't and Should have my hats off to you and the work you did no small deed.....
                    That would be plagiarism. Surely he wouldn't do that. I guess he feels entitled. Makes one wonder what else he might do. Probably a good idea to trade elsewhere.

Comment

That's why I posted the link as well. He's the UK partner and would like to see some involvement from them on freaktab but that's why ugoos and hph and few others have lollipop already and all the other HTC devices don't 😆

Comment

I hope Mac_L1 will be able to make a fully working Linux Kodi for Rockchip devices.
                        Now with Zidoo going to release the source code of their improved video playback & HD Audio Kodi 15.1 version, it might work much better than SPMC.
                        How can they fix all the Kodi issues but Rockchip that has a lot more resources/engineers can't?
                        If the code is clean, it might even make it into official Kodi versions.
                        Exciting times

Comment

I am very impressed how well MAC_L1's Kodi runs on Ugoos' 15.04.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude
                            I am very impressed how well MAC_L1's Kodi runs on Ugoos' 15.04.
                            Do you not have the problem with audio cut or audio stuttering? I have the hph box and have these problem

Comment

Originally posted by Shadi86 View Post

Do you not have the problem with audio cut or audio stuttering? I have the hph box and have these problem
                              I have not had much time with it yet. But I noticed no cuts or skips in the couple of hours I tried it. I was just running standard addons like, The Smithsonian channel, ABC News Live, etc. I will do further testing tonight.
                              Last edited by RISCy Dude; 09-14-2015, 21:07.

Comment

Mac_L1's image is based upon Ubuntu 14.1 which is no longer supported. Any chance that a new image could be made available with Ubuntu 15.04/.10, along with the latest Kodi Isengard build?

Or make the necessary modules available and provide a tutorial so we could all assemble/compile an updated kernel/image.

Comment

Working...
                                X