XBMC / Kodi on Linux/RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    Have you also tried my Lollipop firmware with Rockchip Kodi support?
    If not maybe try it after using Kodi Linux.
    Hello mo123, Your Lollipop is my next bit of fun to try on the UT3. I am looking forward to it, as the factory beta is pretty buggy still.
    Thank you for your efforts on these T-Chip devices. You are a huge factor in HPH's, Ugoos' and Firefly's success. You certainly improve the user's happiness with these devices.

Comment

The audio issue seems gone, excellent!

I have install spmc, in the spmc setting/audio I can't choose spdif to passtrough any workaround?

And how to auto boot kodi/spmc?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadi86 View Post
        The audio issue seems gone, excellent!

I have install spmc, in the spmc setting/audio I can't choose spdif to passtrough any workaround?

And how to auto boot kodi/spmc?
        I installed Pulseaudio, afterwards, SPDIF will be available as an option in Kodi. I would think much the same for SPMC, but it is not known to me. Give it a try, you can always uninstall Pulseaudio if it doesn't work in this case.
        Good luck.

UPDATE: I meant to add, that after installing PA, a reboot is necessary.
        Last edited by RISCy Dude; 11-14-2015, 06:05. Reason: Add info.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude
          I installed Pulseaudio, afterwards, SPDIF will be available as an option in Kodi. I would think much the same for SPMC, but it is not known to me. Give it a try, you can always uninstall Pulseaudio if it doesn't work in this case.
          Good luck.
          Thanks RISCy will do so

Comment

Originally posted by MAC_L1 View Post

Hi Martijn, Shadi86
            I made a little sound fix that worked at least for my firefly distributions. It is installed during my script, however you need to set your audio settings accordingly.
            So in kodi go to: system->settings->system->audio output->audio ouput devices and then select the mixer (last entry i believe) as your audio device.
            Then probably best to restart kodi.
            Hope this works!
            My Audio output device is locked as "Default (RK_ES8323 Analog)". My guess is I need to install a manager to allow switching audio devices. It's a fresh install from the latest official firefly dual boot image, so I'll look at that.

Comment

i can't download the link you have in your site, machybris-rk3188_4.4.2-0.1.1_armhf.deb 0.00...any workaround would be great

Comment

Originally posted by Martijn View Post

My Audio output device is locked as "Default (RK_ES8323 Analog)". My guess is I need to install a manager to allow switching audio devices. It's a fresh install from the latest official firefly dual boot image, so I'll look at that.
                Strange. What's the exact version/name of the image you use?
                Support my work to make you a better multimedia experience...
                And Donate...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadi86 View Post
                  i can't download the link you have in your site, machybris-rk3188_4.4.2-0.1.1_armhf.deb 0.00...any workaround would be great
                  Stuff should now be visible: http://www.mac-l1.com/?dir=v0.1.1 and downloadable by clicking on it from a browser.

Or try in a terminal/shell: curl -O machybris-rk3188_4.4.2-0.1.1_armhf.deb http://www.mac-l1.com/v0.1.1/machybr....1.1_armhf.deb

BEWARE: we are now talking about RK3188 instead of RK3288...

However, my install-script "./install_machybris.sh" should do all the downloading itself...
                  Last edited by MAC_L1; 11-16-2015, 09:56.
                  And Donate...

Comment

Strange. What's the exact version/name of the image you use?
                    I got it working, I just seem to have broken hevc video in the process. Or does the isengard version not support hevc yet? Working to figure it out myself. Flashing it again now.

Comment

Unfortunately the helix script has an issue. Guessing a link that needs to be updated

--2015-11-16 18:21:38-- http://mac-l1.com/v0.1.1/mackodi_hel....1.1_armhf.deb
                      Resolving mac-l1.com (mac-l1.com)... 2a01:238:20a:202:1144::, 81.169.145.144
                      Connecting to mac-l1.com (mac-l1.com)|2a01:238:20a:202:1144::|:80... connected.
                      HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
                      2015-11-16 18:21:38 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Should be
                      http://www.mac-l1.com/mackodi_helix-....1.0_armhf.deb I believe. Or you can move the file obviously. Or the 0.1.1 version is just missing.

Edit: nm, it straight up doesn't seem to work with the 1.1.0 deb, so I guess it just won't work with the new script. Idk, more tomorrow. Maybe just install the old image, then just run the sound script. See if that's enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Martijn View Post
                        Unfortunately the helix script has an issue. Guessing a link that needs to be updated

--2015-11-16 18:21:38-- http://mac-l1.com/v0.1.1/mackodi_hel....1.1_armhf.deb
                        Resolving mac-l1.com (mac-l1.com)... 2a01:238:20a:202:1144::, 81.169.145.144
                        Connecting to mac-l1.com (mac-l1.com)|2a01:238:20a:202:1144::|:80... connected.
                        HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
                        2015-11-16 18:21:38 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Should be
                        http://www.mac-l1.com/mackodi_helix-....1.0_armhf.deb I believe. Or you can move the file obviously. Or the 0.1.1 version is just missing.

Edit: nm, it straight up doesn't seem to work with the 1.1.0 deb, so I guess it just won't work with the new script. Idk, more tomorrow. Maybe just install the old image, then just run the sound script. See if that's enough.
                        actually haven't uploaded helix yet, as it is the same code as my first release 0.1.0 from a few months back.
                        however still strange that hevc isn't working for you; did you try mackodi v0.1.1 instead of macspmc?
                        And Donate...

Comment

actually haven't uploaded helix yet, as it is the same code as my first release 0.1.0 from a few months back.
                          however still strange that hevc isn't working for you; did you try mackodi v0.1.1 instead of macspmc?
                          What works was just installing your dual boot image and applying the sound fix script. Helix, HEVC, no audio bug, perfect.

I tried the install_mackodi.sh on Firefly's latest dualboot image. Firefly-RK3288_DualBoot_201501271613.img. And that ended up working but without hevc. Don't waste any time on looking into that, I'll flash it again and see if it's a one time thing or just how it is. I also want to try macspmc anyway, so I'll hit that up too.

Comment

Hi Mac! I've tried to install Kodi on Fireprime board (rk3128) and can run it successfully! But when I tried to install Kodi on another rk3288 board (not Firefly series) with Debian, although I could install it, it crashed when i tried to run it. All I can read on the terminal shows like following:
                            #kodi
                            /usr/bin/find: `/sys/class/display/*/enable': No such file or directory
                            /usr/bin/find: `/sys/class/display/*/enable': No such file or directory
                            *** Error in `/usr/local/lib/kodi/kodi.bin': free(): invalid pointer: 0x035ce6bc ***
                            Do you have any ideas how to fix this problem?

Comment

Debian 8, Kodi 16.1 on RK3288 (MiQi, Asus Tinkerbaord)

Best Regards,
                              Peter
                              Blog about: Linux, ARM boards, Software

Comment

Wonder if this will work on mine RK3288 box from Hph?

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X