No announcement yet.

XBMC / Kodi on Linux/RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I I'm intrested to install it but maybe if anyone can confirm if the sound cut problem in kodi it's solved, because I have the sound cut problem in the previously version.. The box i have is hph

Comment

Originally posted by Shadi86 View Post
      I I'm intrested to install it but maybe if anyone can confirm if the sound cut problem in kodi it's solved, because I have the sound cut problem in the previously version.. The box i have is hph
      Hello Shadi86, I have the UT3. I have noticed no audio problems on MAC_L1's bits, not over HDMI, A/V nor SPDIF. I just now made a card from Ugoos' 15.04 SD boot image, ran MAC_L1's new script and rebooted. I am running from an 8GB Class 4 SD card, a worst case scenario.
      If you have not done so already, try the SD boot version. It won't affect your installed(resident) OS, so there is little risk.
      If you still have audio issues, post back. It would be interesting to find out why.
      Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post

Hello Shadi86, I have the UT3. I have noticed no audio problems on MAC_L1's bits, not over HDMI, A/V nor SPDIF. I just now made a card from Ugoos' 15.04 SD boot image, ran MAC_L1's new script and rebooted. I am running from an 8GB Class 4 SD card, a worst case scenario.
        If you have not done so already, try the SD boot version. It won't affect your installed(resident) OS, so there is little risk.
        If you still have audio issues, post back. It would be interesting to find out why.
        Good luck.
        When you say you made a card, did you modify Ugoos image or just flash and use MAC_L1's scripts?

Comment

I'm in a similar spot. I'm using the firefly dualboot image mac provided. I guess what I should do is go back to the firefly's official image and then use the script to make it work?

Comment

Originally posted by gffmac View Post

When you say you made a card, did you modify Ugoos image or just flash and use MAC_L1's scripts?
            I'll just run through the steps I took, but the image was Ugoos' factory 15.04 SD boot, unmodified.

Started with a freshly formatted fat32 card, a fresh, unmodified image of Ugoos' SD Boot 15.04. Burned card using Win32DiscImager in the usual way.
            Inserted the card in the UT3 and booted to the 15.04 desktop.
            Configure WiFi or use Auto Eth.
            Open the browser and head over to MAC_L1's recent thread.
            Under, " HOW TO INSTALL", There is a code window with two choices, Kodi and SPMC.
            Copy the line for your choice, I chose Kodi so I used this...
            curl -O http://mac-l1.com/install_mackodi.sh; bash install_mackodi.sh
            Open the terminal emulator, type sudo followed by a space, then paste the line you copied and press enter.
            You will be prompted for the password, ugoos is the default PW. Enter it.
            From there on, you will only need to answer Y when prompted. Everything is fully automated. It may take a little while, keep checking the screen for prompts. When it is done, you will see MAC_L1's greeting. Reboot and once up, Isengard should be installed an operable.
            Hats off to MAC_L1, he wrote a very nice script. For my UT3, it worked without effort or error.
            This should also work on resident installs, but I have only used it for the card so far. If I remember, this will also remove previous MAC_L1 bits automatically, so no worries there.

I did install Pulseaudio through the native package manager and select it for SPDIF in Kodi's audio settings.
            If anyone has additional questions, I will try to help.

Please try to send MAC_L1 a few bucks if you like his efforts and want them to continue. He has certainly gone where no person has gone before, and deserves a little tangible appreciation.

Comment

Thanks RISCy will give this a shot tonight, will use the class 10 card out of my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by gffmac View Post
                Thanks RISCy will give this a shot tonight, will use the class 10 card out of my phone.
                Class 10 definitely preferred, but it runs surprisingly well on an 8GB class 4 card. Works good enough to test the concept if you want to preserve your phone's card. But yes, sane people will use class 10 or better.

Comment

Thanks risky, will install it today and see and I report back

Comment

Thanks risky, will install it today and see and I report back
                    Have you also tried my Lollipop firmware with Rockchip Kodi support?
                    If not maybe try it after using Kodi Linux.

Comment

I flashed my firefly with their original dualboot image. I botched turning off fbcon with the script though I believe. I get the old screen flickering. Still messing with it.
                      Edit: Yep, completely my fault. Rerunning it fixed it and it's running now. Script works great.
                      Edit2: Audio issue is still there sadly. I guess it's just a problem with the firefly ubuntu image or something. Not sure how to address this.
                      Last edited by Martijn; 11-10-2015, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
                        Have you also tried my Lollipop firmware with Rockchip Kodi support?
                        If not maybe try it after using Kodi Linux.

Will try it maybe today and I will give you feedback, thanks mo123 because of your development our box is still alive

Comment

Originally posted by Martijn
                          I flashed my firefly with their original dualboot image. I botched turning off fbcon with the script though I believe. I get the old screen flickering. Still messing with it.
                          Edit: Yep, completely my fault. Rerunning it fixed it and it's running now. Script works great.
                          Edit2: Audio issue is still there sadly. I guess it's just a problem with the firefly ubuntu image or something. Not sure how to address this.

Oh man not good to hear, so it's no idea to try it now when I already know the audio issue, the audio issue it's biggest problem for me

Comment

Originally posted by Martijn View Post
                            Hi Martijn, Shadi86
                            I made a little sound fix that worked at least for my firefly distributions. It is installed during my script, however you need to set your audio settings accordingly.
                            So in kodi go to: system->settings->system->audio output->audio ouput devices and then select the mixer (last entry i believe) as your audio device.
                            Then probably best to restart kodi.
                            Hope this works!
                            Support my work to make you a better multimedia experience...
                            And Donate...

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude

Good luck.

Hi risky do I missing something but where can I download mac1 Linux version via SD boot?

Edit: i have the hph box

On http://mac-l1.com is it the latest version?

Comment

Hi risky do I missing something but where can I download mac1 Linux version via SD boot?

Edit: i have the hph box

On http://mac-l1.com is it the latest version?
                                Sorry, I should have linked to the SD boot image. SD Boot image can be found here, use the guide at that page as written.
                                After burning the card, insert into the 3288 box and boot. Run MAC_L1's script within 15.04.
                                The script will take care of FBCON too.

I am puzzled that some are having sound issues, as I have not experienced any. As far as I know, the HPH and UT3 are virtually, if not actually the same board. If HPH also has a bootable 15.04, maybe try that. Otherwise, I would think the UT3 image should work fine.

MAC_L1's script will download all required components to make Kodi work. In my case, other than answering the prompts with Y, it was completely automatic.

Good luck. Let us know how it is going.

Comment

Working...
                                X