Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink M18 Amlogic S905 4K 2G/16G TV BOX 2.4G/5G Dual Band WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth4.0 HDMI2.0 H.265 Miracast DLNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy4Shurr View Post

thanks Rebbelul, I may have to give that a go!
    Let us know if you end up trying it...

Comment

Yeah I will do. Rebbelul kindly sent me a link to this firmware so i may try that, as it looks closer to the m18 http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Beeli...AN-357035.html

Comment

So I've given both the tronsmart and the mini mx firmware a go with the USB burning tool. The tronsmart wouldn't even flash. The mini mx flashed OK but won't boot... It gets to the boot logo and that's it.

Now I don't know if that's down to a fault on my hardware because that's where the stock firmware didn't go further than or whether it's because it's just the wrong firmware for this device... Not that helpful really, haha.

Thanks again though rebbelul, you were very helpful and it was worth a shot!

Comment

I've just order this box....for 60$ i think is good choice.
          Can someone tell me if the passthrough works? The box will be conected to an amplifier with hdmi.

Thanks guys

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi all, I nbought this Beelink M18, and I am happy about the purchase. The unit is very fast and responsive, Netflix works correctly.

Only issue so far is that a xbox360 wireless controller is not recognized, so I can't use my xbox360 wirekess gamepad. I can't test with other gamepads since I don't have any. The controller + gamepad work great on my Note 4, so the issue is in the Android box, but not sure why.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Catadarius View Post
              I've just order this box....for 60$ i think is good choice.
              Can someone tell me if the passthrough works? The box will be conected to an amplifier with hdmi.

Thanks guys

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

It does have in the settings the option HDMI CEC, not sure if is what you look for. I don't have an amplifier in the room to test it

Comment

after installing superSu and reboot it came the option to install an update (not sure if because of the supersu installation).

New firmware is called LMY47Z 20160130 test keys

Installing now

Comment

Other issue is that some games don't recognize if you are ethernet connected (theyassume you have either wifi or 4G, and when not in wifi that you are in 4g not allowing to download stuff)

But I think is an android bug, rather then the firmware

Comment

Originally posted by klausita View Post
                    Hi all, I nbought this Beelink M18, and I am happy about the purchase. The unit is very fast and responsive, Netflix works correctly.

Only issue so far is that a xbox360 wireless controller is not recognized, so I can't use my xbox360 wirekess gamepad. I can't test with other gamepads since I don't have any. The controller + gamepad work great on my Note 4, so the issue is in the Android box, but not sure why.

Any suggestions?
                    http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...rk-in-progress

I have compiled the missing xpad driver and updated keylout for wireless 360 game controller, now plays mame great.

Comment

Originally posted by wwewwewwe View Post

http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...rk-in-progress

I have compiled the missing xpad driver and updated keylout for wireless 360 game controller, now plays mame great.
                      I tried the fix found on xda developers but didn't work. Also I think my xbox wireless receiver is recognized as 291 (not 719) something I am missing?
                      Video that demonstrates the setup, show an example of the problem, the steps to solve the problem, and the working solution!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czISrLGXNI&hd=1 So first lets just talk about the Hardware Setup. Xbox 360...

On another note, I wanted to connect a Logitech 920 HD Cam. How to make it work? (video and MIC)

Comment

I tried the fix found on xda developers but didn't work. Also I think my xbox wireless receiver is recognized as 291 (not 719) something I am missing?
                        http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1792531

On another note, I wanted to connect a Logitech 920 HD Cam. How to make it work? (video and MIC)
                        Copy/rename keymap file 719 to 219. The 219 version I thought was the wired 360 version. Android matches keymaps on USB/Bluetooth vendor Id and prod id. You will need to load/test the required module drivers as well as they are the main components missing. Load them via a term shell, make sure you have busybox, and su first, and insmod the two driver files. View them with lsmod, and view connected controller with lsusb.

As for the camera, that is likely missing a driver as well, or Android does not know its a camera. Also likely missing in Bluetooth controller drivers, at least it is for me. My ipega connects, but no keys are detected no matter what mode its in (keyboard, joystick,mouse mode).

Comment

Originally posted by wwewwewwe View Post

Copy/rename keymap file 719 to 219. The 219 version I thought was the wired 360 version. Android matches keymaps on USB/Bluetooth vendor Id and prod id. You will need to load/test the required module drivers as well as they are the main components missing. Load them via a term shell, make sure you have busybox, and su first, and insmod the two driver files. View them with lsmod, and view connected controller with lsusb.

As for the camera, that is likely missing a driver as well, or Android does not know its a camera. Also likely missing in Bluetooth controller drivers, at least it is for me. My ipega connects, but no keys are detected no matter what mode its in (keyboard, joystick,mouse mode).

Ok let see if I understood.
                          - Rename 719 to 219 (not 291??
                          - required module drivers? Can you tell me which, where to find, and where to place them
                          (su I know, busybox I will try to install, insmod???)

Camera works with Camera app, but not with Skype (??)

- Bluetooth is working with my earpiece and external audio box.
                          - Ipega is also not working??? Damn I just bought it, tomorrow are arriving from amazon. So no way of make them work???

Comment

Ok let see if I understood.
                            - Rename 719 to 219 (not 291??
                            - required module drivers? Can you tell me which, where to find, and where to place them

Camera works with Camera app, but not with Skype (??)

- Bluetooth is working with my earpiece and external audio box.
                            - Ipega is also not working??? Damn I just bought it, tomorrow are arriving from amazon. So no way of make them work???
                            sorry, 291, i was typing on a phone before, so it would be Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl

check out the this thread for more complete details about installing/testing downloading the xpad driver:

insmod is a linux command to load kernel modules (drivers), so you want to load the following drivers/modules :
                            Install Keylayout
                            su
                            mount -o remount rw /system
                            cp
                            Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl /system/usr/keylayout
                            cp Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl
                            chmod 644 /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl
                            chmod 644 /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl
                            reboot

Testing out modules
                            su
                            insmod ff-memless.ko
                            insmod xpad.ko

it shouldn't return any errors, if it does then the linux kernel is not compatible (version differences) with the compiled modules.

lsmod will show loaded mods in memory.

> Camera works with Camera app, but not with Skype (??)
                            Hmm, then likely skype is the issue?

I haven't really focused on it I got my 360 controller working which is better in the long run.
                            I'll give it another go and see, but its probably another module that's missing? Not sure if its a bluetooth one (since it does connect ok), or a joystick type one that links
                            the bluetooth device to joystick linux api.

Comment

Ok, thanks.
                              1. will try the xbox360 driver thingy tonight when back home

2. very strange that camera works but not in skype, dunno

3. will try the ipega, maybe you have a problem with bluetooth? Because so far, for me, all bluetooth devices I checked are ok.
                              Have you checked these files?
                              iPega Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Game Controller came today off ebay half the price of others :victory: was going to use it with my android phone it also works with most phones with bluetooth and came with no drivers or software to install so easy to...

4. Other issue, I would like to listen with wired earphone in the evening (they are better quality then bluetooth ones). But the box does not have any earphone female jack.
                              I was going to order a USB to female 3,5mm dongle like this one

it should work? Or you have any other recommendation?

Thanks.

Comment

If any of you with the m18 have a clean ROM would you be kind enough to pull the system img via adb so I could try and fix my box? I'd be very grateful

Comment

Working...
                                X