Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink M18 Amlogic S905 4K 2G/16G TV BOX 2.4G/5G Dual Band WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth4.0 HDMI2.0 H.265 Miracast DLNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tired going to that russian site, I'm following directions on adding twrp recovery, but its not working. I can really use some help guys.

Comment

Sorry, i never tried this tools from 4pda.ru, this is just an info.

Comment

I had a bad download this works for twrp recovery and xposed https://yadi.sk/d/y9p9KpLuqJrgP. install this then flash xposed in twrp. Thanks guys

Comment

would anybody recommend this new box from beelink ,im planning on buying it? thanks,,best place to buy it?would this be better than the tronsmart s95 meta?any feedback on this box pls..thankskodi,,4k playback etc...

Comment

Originally posted by DoItYourself View Post
            After a long test revealed that the AC3 also not good, there remains a droputs, but much more difficult to hear.
            I got tired to looking a passthrough-capable Kodi/SPMC version under android, so yesterday i flashed my box to openELEC. Thanks to Alex240188 for this great build.
            There is no more audio dropouts, skipping, white noise, etc. - everything works fine over toslink.
            Last edited by DoItYourself; 04-08-2016, 08:55.

Comment

Can anyone assist....I just can't get the toothpick method to work. I want to try openelec from the microsd card. My box just won't boot into the recovery option screen. I push the button inside the av port, plug in the power (which doesn't turn unit on) push the on/off button and the unit either boots to the googleTV screen and just hangs or boots right through to the normal screen in 'safe mode'.

Do I have any other options.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NoOne1234 View Post
                ... the unit either boots to the googleTV screen ...
                Hold down the reset button, after the Google TV logo must follow recovery.

Comment

There's no recovery menu on my device or I've 'broken' it during my various attempts to access it. So I can't use USB burning tool to access either. It boots OK to the stock firmware version 5L.
                  I can access device with SSH but issueing reboot recovery command does nothing. Do I have any options?

Comment

Originally posted by NoOne1234 View Post
                    There's no recovery menu on my device or I've 'broken' it during my various attempts to access it. So I can't use USB burning tool to access either. It boots OK to the stock firmware version 5L.
                    I can access device with SSH but issueing reboot recovery command does nothing. Do I have any options?
                    You can try dropping the recovery.img from the 105L1 onto an sdcard. Insert it into your m18 then reboot with the toothpick method.
                    This should allow loading the recovery from SD if your emmc version is borked

If you can't find one
                    Try this one.
                    I think it's from 103l1 but it should still work.
                    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

There's currently an OTA update to version 6L which I've been holding off on. If I allow it to OTA update to 6L will that firmware include the bootloader/recovery menu ? Or are the OTA updates just partial updates of the device software and don't include the bootloaders.
                      Thanks.

Comment

OpenELEC install to Beelink M18 - mini HOW-TO

Step 1 - full install to eMMC (it will erase Android!)
                        Download and unzip this (full install with Kodi 16.1 RC1):http://www.mediafire.com/download/8c...0-g42ddb0e.zip
                        Copy the 3 files onto an micro SD card, insert it into your M18 and power on with the toothpick method.
                        The flash goes automatically, when finish it will reboot to openELEC.

Step 2 - update openELEC
                        You can flash latest update (Kodi 16.1 and more bug fix).
                        Empty your micro SD card, download and copy onto micro SD card this: OpenELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-M18-6.95.3-update.zip (no need unzip)
                        Insert it into your M18 and power on with the toothpick method, the flash goes automatically, when finish it will reboot to openELEC.

This should work well at 105L1 fw.
                        Anyway i did the full install from 106L1, but when finished the flash does not automatically restarted, just stand in recovery.
                        The remote don't work in recovery so i have attached a PC keyboard to select wipe data / factory reset then reboot system now.
                        Last edited by DoItYourself; 05-18-2016, 23:57.

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
                          would anybody recommend this new box from beelink ,im planning on buying it? thanks,,best place to buy it?would this be better than the tronsmart s95 meta?any feedback on this box pls..thankskodi,,4k playback etc...
                          Yea I Can, After having the box for a few months now. Its a good box. I had the minix neo x7 and the trk42. this box is faster than both. The daydream screensaver works automatically. spmc 14 and 16 work great and best of all I can fun both Android TV apps and normal apps. Some Android TV apps don't work, I don't no why. I'm still researching it. Like Crackle and YouTube work for Android TV but Crunchyroll and WWE don't, I have to use the regular android apps for those. But for the most part I Really like this Box. Comes Pre Rooted, you just have to install SuperSU, It works with Xposed Apps. Stock software is stable and since I got the box it has had 4 software OTA updates. They all installed perfect except the last one 107L1. It said my system was damaged and could not update. I figured it was because I just installed xposed recovery. I was right just had to reflash 106L1 with TWRP Recovery, update to 107L1 use Titanium Back and TWRP again to flash Xposed again then I was back all updated with everything working. Its a great box, Im gald I got this instead of the Minix -U1, I got another M18 on the way, so 2 m18 instead of 1 minix u1.

Comment

Hello, I'm interested to buy the M18 or I68, but I can not decide.
                            I want to use it as media player mainly, kodi and its addons without problems.
                            Which is the better? Which one should I buy?

Thanks.

Comment

Firmware Finless 1.0 ROM for S95 Meta - Final for the M18 / MX64 from ivansemenov.

Comment

TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-0 for the M18/MX64 from ivansemenov.
                                Last edited by d.khomyakov; 05-08-2016, 10:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X