Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink M18 Amlogic S905 4K 2G/16G TV BOX 2.4G/5G Dual Band WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth4.0 HDMI2.0 H.265 Miracast DLNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy4Shurr View Post
    If any of you with the m18 have a clean ROM would you be kind enough to pull the system img via adb so I could try and fix my box? I'd be very grateful

if you tell me how to extract the ROM img (with clear instructions) I will do it for you

Comment

Originally posted by klausita View Post
      4. Other issue, I would like to listen with wired earphone in the evening (they are better quality then bluetooth ones). But the box does not have any earphone female jack.
      I was going to order a USB to female 3,5mm dongle like this one

it should work? Or you have any other recommendation?

Thanks.

At a guess, no, as that would be a usb device acting as an audio device. I have great doubt android would detected it correctly. If you don't have a stereo jack then I can only suggest connecting the box via spif to your stereo receiver and connect head phones to the stereo.

The other solution is using a good bluetooth headphones with good audio profile (a2dp, aptx), check out reviews before purchase.
      They will be expensive, I use these, definitely not the best, but still have surprisingly good audio

what i use them for (online gaming), they are great, and have a distance of 4-5 metres

Comment

Originally posted by klausita View Post

if you tell me how to extract the ROM img (with clear instructions) I will do it for you

Thank you klusita, that's very kind. I'm hoping it can be done using the amlogic usb burn tool, it would make it a bit simpler. I'll check it out when I'm at home and let you know. Andy

Comment

Originally posted by wwewwewwe View Post

> Camera works with Camera app, but not with Skype (??)
          Hmm, then likely skype is the issue?

- Ipega is also not working??? Damn I just bought it, tomorrow are arriving from amazon. So no way of make them work???

I haven't really focused on it I got my 360 controller working which is better in the long run.
          I'll give it another go and see, but its probably another module that's missing? Not sure if its a bluetooth one (since it does connect ok), or a joystick type one that links
          the bluetooth device to joystick linux api.

the ipega arrived, and worked out of the box (tried the X-Home combination, that should launch it in gamepad mode), it paired immediately to the M18 without any issues so far. Will test it with some games and let you know

Comment

Thank you klusita, that's very kind. I'm hoping it can be done using the amlogic usb burn tool, it would make it a bit simpler. I'll check it out when I'm at home and let you know. Andy
            Hi andy,
            I have dumped my system partition for you from my m18 I got a few days ago.
            It should be clean
            Not sure if you can make use of it.
            I couldn't see any way of making a backup via the burn tool so this image is pulled from within android via dd
            dd IF=/dev/block/system OF=/sdcard/system.img
            its a 1GB file compressed to about 500MB
            system.zip MD5=87D9C90CBE8C9EF9A241BBA68D2CB704
            system.img MD5=602871F50AC418D515E2F6294A56FC8A
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Hi, How can i flashing? because with usb burning is not possible, i need urgente the rom for this Beelink M18 tvbox.

Comment

Hi.

How could I make a cache memory in microsd for Kodi ?.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards.

Comment

Anyone tried Finless rom for tronsmart s905.....i know wifi and bluetooth doesn't work.....but it will be great to see an custom rom on this device. Mine is in transport

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is an original product? I can't find on the bee-link.com website and neither the azw-online.com.

Comment

Apparently the Beelink Mini MX box (also S905) is ready to root straight out of the box and you just need to download SuperSU from the play store. My old Chinese phone was like this too.

Have you tried just downloading SuperSU and seeing if it works?

EDIT: My m18 just arrived this afternoon and I can confirm all you have to do is download SuperSU from the play store.
                      By the way, SuperSu from the Play Store does NOT work on my M18, not even close. After downloading SuperSU.zip to try that, it too did NOT work with an error stating my device Recovery is damaged. Downloaded SuperSU several more times only to keep getting the exact same result, my Recovery is damaged now aborting installation. I had to use a completely different method to root this M18.

So, I have a couple questions.

1. Does anyone else, besides me not have a bootloader mode? My M18 has no bootloader screen. All I can boot to is Recovery, but if I try to boot to Bootloader (for fastboot) all it does is boot up to Android every time. I tried every known method, button pushes etc, including installing a reboot app, but it too boots back into Android when I ask it to boot to bootloader. No bootloader for my M18 apparently.

2. If my M18 is broken, will flashing another ROM image from a working M18 be possible to recover/fix it? Again, trying to flash SuperSU.zip says my Recovery is BAD and that /misc is not formatted, or not mountable.

3. Is it normal to not have a Bootloader mode (or fastboot for that matter) on these Beelink devices? Is there a special way to get into Bootloader that I'm not aware of?

4. I tried contacting Beelink for a new ROM image to flash via Recovery, but they never return inquiries it seems. Am I the only one or is this normal business for Beelink?

5. Can I fix the broken /misc partition from a terminal app command?

Thanks for any answers on these questions.

Comment

Hello, every one
                        I hope this help, i could found it an original firmware for Beelink M18.
                        It's the same for Beelink MX64. and is rooted, just need flasing with USB_Flashing_Tool.
                        and install the superSU normally.
                        http://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=http%3A%2...om%2Fmx64104l1

Comment

Originally posted by pfraga68 View Post
                          Hello, every one
                          I hope this help, i could found it an original firmware for Beelink M18.
                          It's the same for Beelink MX64. and is rooted, just need flasing with USB_Flashing_Tool.
                          and install the superSU normally.
                          http://4pda.ru/pages/go/?u=http%3A%2...om%2Fmx64104l1
                          It says no file exist. I tried 3 times, but no file exists at your link.

Will the AMLogic USB Burning Tool fix my bad Recovery and the unmountable /misc partition that SuperSU is complaining about? Not to mention the Bootloader not showing up?

Thank you
                          Last edited by SkOrPn; 02-12-2016, 01:19.

Comment

the file work for me, i tryed again and worked. go to (Download this file) and them put the right code after click donwload this file.
                            After extract the file .img should flashing with usb cable from pc, (USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.6.2).

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by bagofcrap24 View Post

Hi andy,
                                I have dumped my system partition for you from my m18 I got a few days ago.
                                It should be clean
                                Not sure if you can make use of it.
                                I couldn't see any way of making a backup via the burn tool so this image is pulled from within android via dd
                                dd IF=/dev/block/system OF=/sdcard/system.img
                                its a 1GB file compressed to about 500MB
                                system.zip MD5=87D9C90CBE8C9EF9A241BBA68D2CB704
                                system.img MD5=602871F50AC418D515E2F6294A56FC8A
                                http://www.mediafire.com/download/7c...i83/system.zip

Is this system image you dumped 104L1 or 105L1, or something even older? Just going to collect all the M18 images I can and keep them in a safe place. Not sure I want to flash any of these images until someone can confirm its safe to do so. Thanks for your dump.

Originally posted by pfraga68 View Post
                                the file work for me, i tryed again and worked.
                                Yeah it didn't work for me for some reason. I had to disable IDM first and let the browser download it. IDM said the file did not exist. Weird. Thanks again.

By the way where did you get this image from?

Comment

Working...
                                X