Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink M18 Amlogic S905 4K 2G/16G TV BOX 2.4G/5G Dual Band WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth4.0 HDMI2.0 H.265 Miracast DLNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? Where is the toothpick hole in the first place. I looked all over my box, it has no recovery hole. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SkOrPn View Post
      What? Where is the toothpick hole in the first place. I looked all over my box, it has no recovery hole. LOL
      It's right at the back of the 3.5mm audio port. You'll feel the click if you gently push the tooth pick there.

Comment

danny 10bit 4k files play fine (on OpenELEC anyway) which is likely going to be the uhd bluray standard.
        As I said previously I can't comment on the hdmi2.0 output but the box is capable of decoding the content

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4Shurr View Post

It's right at the back of the 3.5mm audio port. You'll feel the click if you gently push the tooth pick there.
          I found it, thank you very much. Neat little hiding spot for sure....

Comment

Originally posted by bagofcrap24 View Post
            danny 10bit 4k files play fine (on OpenELEC anyway) which is likely going to be the uhd bluray standard.
            As I said previously I can't comment on the hdmi2.0 output but the box is capable of decoding the content

Than this is indeed a powerfull little thing to last at least 2 years. What could one want more. Now I must find it somewhere cheap under 70EUR in EU warehouse etc.
            Thank you for information!

Comment

Originally posted by danny View Post
              What could one want more. Now I must find it somewhere cheap under 70EUR.
              The SHIELD TV for under 70 EUR would be my choice

Comment

Originally posted by danny View Post

Than this is indeed a powerfull little thing to last at least 2 years. What could one want more. Now I must find it somewhere cheap under 70EUR in EU warehouse etc.
                Thank you for information!
                Personally I would wait a couple of weeks for the odroid c2 to release. Also based on s905 and likely to get better support

Comment

loaded a bad rom in my M18 and now wont boot i have 104L.1 firmware img file but cant figure how to build boot card loader files....also the toothpick reset please advise sequence on that... thanks for the help
                  Last edited by guano; 02-19-2016, 00:26.

Comment

Originally posted by guano View Post
                    loaded a bad rom in my M18 and now wont boot i have 104L.1 firmware img file but cant figure how to build boot card loader files....also the toothpick reset please advise sequence on that... thanks for the help

You'll need to use the USB Burning Tool, there's a few youtube videos I think so it's worth watching.

For the Toothpick Method:

1. Unplug your box (just pull the cable out the socket at the back of the box and keep it near so you can easily plug it back in)
                    2. Press and hold the reset switch in while plugging in and powering on your device
                    3. Run the USB Burning Tool and it should find your device and start flashing

It was mentioned in a prev post that it's needed to unplug the hdmi while doing this. I've never experienced that but it might be something to keep in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4Shurr View Post

You'll need to use the USB Burning Tool, there's a few youtube videos I think so it's worth watching.

For the Toothpick Method:

1. Unplug your box (just pull the cable out the socket at the back of the box and keep it near so you can easily plug it back in)
                      2. Press and hold the reset switch in while plugging in and powering on your device
                      3. Run the USB Burning Tool and it should find your device and start flashing

It was mentioned in a prev post that it's needed to unplug the hdmi while doing this. I've never experienced that but it might be something to keep in mind.
                      I'll also chime in and confirm that you do not need to unplug the HDMI cable.
                      When I attempted I toothpick the recovery hole
                      Power on the box with it held in.
                      Blue light came on and screen remained blank (not sure if this is suppose to happen or of it's because of my avr)
                      Plug in a USB > micro USB cable into the otg port
                      Install the USB burning tool and let it install the world cup driver.
                      Run the USB tool.
                      Load the 104L1 image then flash it.

Comment

Personally I would wait a couple of weeks for the odroid c2 to release. Also based on s905 and likely to get better support

Yeah the problem is I must kinda get one before 15.3. when some tv show starts (over browser - stream) for my father to watch avoiding ISP charges for channel
                        I am interested in 2gb ram/16gb models <=70eur to EU possibly with amlogic s905 because I heard it has better video playback but fails a little behind rk3688 in games.

Comment

Hello guys.

I received my box today.
                          That launcher seems awful.
                          Anyone knows how to reset to default home launcher?

Thank you.

Comment

I'll also chime in and confirm that you do not need to unplug the HDMI cable.
                            When I attempted I toothpick the recovery hole
                            Power on the box with it held in.
                            Blue light came on and screen remained blank (not sure if this is suppose to happen or of it's because of my avr)
                            Plug in a USB > micro USB cable into the otg port
                            Install the USB burning tool and let it install the world cup driver.
                            Run the USB tool.
                            Load the 104L1 image then flash it.
                            I struggled for half an hour and the box would not go into the required state for USB flashing until I unplugged my hdmi cable. This was on a mx64 but it should be the same for m18... Try it if you do get stuck. It might depend on the TV or someting. Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by box-m18 View Post
                              Hello guys.

I received my box today.
                              That launcher seems awful.
                              Anyone knows how to reset to default home launcher?

Thank you.
                              install a new launcher

Comment

thanks for the imput i have tried all the tricks as described but the red led stays on and the usb burner progy doesn't see a device

Comment

Working...
                                X