Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink M18 Amlogic S905 4K 2G/16G TV BOX 2.4G/5G Dual Band WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth4.0 HDMI2.0 H.265 Miracast DLNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoItYourself View Post

Did someone try this on the M18? And what are the differences with the standard ROM?

Comment

Hi Guys
      I've bought the m18 and its my first exposure to an android box.
      Could I ask a few questions please:
      1) I noticed someone earlier said being unable to turn the box on without the remote was fixed by an OTA update, I don't appear to have received this. How do I force t? My box is connected via wired Ethernet
      2) whenever I click on the "app4tv" tool icon on the launcher it keeps saying connection error, click to retry. (Not really a question but wondered how I resolve this :-)
      3) I've found that to get my air Kb/mouse to work, every time I switch on I have to unplug and plug the dongle back in. If I don't do this it doesn't seem to pick up the mouse. Seems like a setting issue but unsure what?
      4) on Saturday I got a prompt saying I'm on Kodi 16.0.3 and a stable version 16.1 is available and I has an update prompt. I clicked later and have never seen the prompt again and can't find any option anywhere to update Kodi??

Sorry for the noobish questions but appreciate the help

Comment

Originally posted by Wigwam12 View Post
        Hi Guys
        I've bought the m18 and its my first exposure to an android box.
        Could I ask a few questions please:
        1) I noticed someone earlier said being unable to turn the box on without the remote was fixed by an OTA update, I don't appear to have received this. How do I force t? My box is connected via wired Ethernet
        2) whenever I click on the "app4tv" tool icon on the launcher it keeps saying connection error, click to retry. (Not really a question but wondered how I resolve this :-)
        3) I've found that to get my air Kb/mouse to work, every time I switch on I have to unplug and plug the dongle back in. If I don't do this it doesn't seem to pick up the mouse. Seems like a setting issue but unsure what?
        4) on Saturday I got a prompt saying I'm on Kodi 16.0.3 and a stable version 16.1 is available and I has an update prompt. I clicked later and have never seen the prompt again and can't find any option anywhere to update Kodi??

Sorry for the noobish questions but appreciate the help
        go into setting on the device and goto about device and check for updates that should update the system software. for kodi go to the google playstore and update kodi to the lastest verison, if and update is not avaible uninstall kodi and reinstall from play store then it will stay update with stable versions. not sure about using the remote, I never touched it since I got it. I use an air mouse. that app4t is a waste of space uninstall it.

I have a issue for you guys, I got everything working perfectly how I want it, but I have a issue with the google photos appnot playing videos. does any one else have this problem? or no how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by ACoster View Post

Did someone try this on the M18? And what are the differences with the standard ROM?
          The feature list you can find in S905 Tronsmart section. I have not tried, because i use openelec on this box.
          Last edited by DoItYourself; 05-25-2016, 10:22.

Comment

The feature list you can find in S905 Tronsmart section. I have not tried, because i use openelec on this box.
            How stable is OpenElec on the M18? Are you happy with it?

Can you let me the know the download link please?

Thanks
            Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

Originally posted by jellywobbles View Post

How stable is OpenElec on the M18? Are you happy with it?

Can you let me the know the download link please?

Thanks
              Here are the answers to all your questions: #125 #131
              I recommend amlinuxmedia.com. Need register to view openelec section.
              Last edited by DoItYourself; 05-25-2016, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by HustleHard View Post
                go into setting on the device and goto about device and check for updates that should update the system software. for kodi go to the google playstore and update kodi to the lastest verison, if and update is not avaible uninstall kodi and reinstall from play store then it will stay update with stable versions. not sure about using the remote, I never touched it since I got it. I use an air mouse. that app4t is a waste of space uninstall it.

I have a issue for you guys, I got everything working perfectly how I want it, but I have a issue with the google photos appnot playing videos. does any one else have this problem? or no how to fix it.
                Thanks
                Strangely I had to unplug from ethernet and use Wifi to get the updates but again I had to go into the "more settings" and THEN click "about" to get the upgrade tab - it did 4 upgrade cycles.
                After this and while still on wifi I would upgrade Kodi 16.0.3 to 16.1 instead of having to uninstall and reinstall and also app4tv worked.

Even so in setting the upgrade&backup app still did't work (not sure what it is for) as it says unable to connect to OTA Servier Argent.
                Now the power button turns on the box and About recognises it as M18 not Mx64

Comment

Here are the answers to all your questions: #125 #131
                  I recommend amlinuxmedia.com. Need register to view openelec section.

Does openelec work with all plugins? or is it an issue that this is 64bit and plugins are 32bit.
                  I am intersted in skins, specto, and exodus (and emby too)

Comment

Skins and exodus works, specto and emby i do not use. I try to setup simple iptv client from here, but something I did wrong and not work.

Comment

Originally posted by gotpaste View Post
                      New question for anyone here. Is there a way to make these autoboot upon power. Would like it if there is a power outage to start back up once power is detected without having to hit the power button. Thanks in advance
                      ​I'll answer my own question. This can be made to auto boot upon power if you have the power cord plugged in as well as the micro usb cable plugged into a power source. I have this setup in my mini-van and now everytime the van starts so does this box. Makes using it very easy.

Comment

I need some help, I bought this M18 box and whenever I try to turn on Wifi or BT in settings menu, then nothing happens. I have done all firmware updates and still the same problem. This is very strange behaviour. I opened the box and I have AP6330 chipset. If anyone else have this problem or the fix for it, please help. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello guys, I have a little problem with my M18. Date/time doesn't syncronize automatically, so I have to set them manually. I tried to set "update over the network automatically" but doesnt work. When I unplug the device, it reset to the box default. This is very annoying because, if date/time is not correct, browser and other application don't work. I know there are "app" like "clocksync" that can solve the problem, but they required a rooted device. I don't want to loose warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by snorbaard View Post
                            I need some help, I bought this M18 box and whenever I try to turn on Wifi or BT in settings menu, then nothing happens. I have done all firmware updates and still the same problem. This is very strange behaviour. I opened the box and I have AP6330 chipset. If anyone else have this problem or the fix for it, please help. Thanks in advance

To control WiFi you go to Settings / More Settings & set up WiFi there.
                            Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

Originally posted by jellywobbles View Post

To control WiFi you go to Settings / More Settings & set up WiFi there.
                              I know how to turn it on. It does not turn on. When I flip it to ON and go back it is just OFF. Same thing with Bluetooth, when I enable it it says "Turning Bluetooth on..." for a few seconds and then it jumps back to off mode. I am thinking maybe my device has a hardware problem...

Gearbest offered to give a partial refund or partial discount on a replacement unit, which I accepted, they then asked me to close the dispute "because the order is frozen while dispute is open". So I closed the dispute and now Gearbest is ignoring me. They are a bunch of scammers. Beware.

Comment

Has anyone tried using USB Burning Tool after installing TWRP? I know that TWRP causes issues with USB Burning Tool on the MXQ Pro+ and others. It basically fails to update and errors. There ius a fix, but I am wondering about the M18 specifically.
                                I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
                                Ron White

Comment

Working...
                                X