Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink M18 Amlogic S905 4K 2G/16G TV BOX 2.4G/5G Dual Band WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth4.0 HDMI2.0 H.265 Miracast DLNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACoster
    I didn't receive the 108L1 image via OTA (yet), is it an official release? Did anyone get it via OTA?
    Tried to update the box via the update-program delivered with it, but it doesn't find the .img-file as being an update. Any idea how to update the box (Without TWRP and such...)

Are there any dutch fellows here the Finless-rom mentioned on XDA and did they try the Horizon-app on it?

You have to rename the file update.zip.....and then you'll see in the update app that file

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Catadarius View Post

You have to rename the file update.zip.....and then you'll see in the update app that file

The app did see the file, but could not update the system from it, got an security error. So that didn't work.

Comment

Just discovered a bug in the M18 firmware, both 107L1 and 108L1.

When set digital sound to SPDIF and reboot the box, it will play trough both HDMI and SPDIF.

It is enough to go to the sound settings, and return without changing any settings, to disable the HDMI sound output.

I have 2 boxes with different firmware, and they both behave same. Tried to set to auto detection, but still the same.

Anyone know a work around or fix for this?

Further checks showed that if set to HDMI, it will still play through both HDMI and SPDIF

Comment

Hi to all, i am having a strange issue: The background tasks are always killed. I can't keep them running in the background. I don't know why but when I'm using for example Google play music, if I use home key, the application is stopped (deseappear from the tray).
          I read in another freaktab topic that i have to edit something at built prop file but i haven't bookmarked it and now i can't find the post. Any idea ??

Comment

Originally posted by Catadarius View Post

I made the rename but when i try to update, i have this message:
            Secure Check Failed.

Any idea how to make the update ?

Comment

Originally posted by leros2004 View Post
              Hi to all, i am having a strange issue: The background tasks are always killed. I can't keep them running in the background. I don't know why but when I'm using for example Google play music, if I use home key, the application is stopped (deseappear from the tray).
              I read in another freaktab topic that i have to edit something at built prop file but i haven't bookmarked it and now i can't find the post. Any idea ??
              I don't own this box. Is your device rooted? If so, there was a solution for this on a different box(S95). If you reply that your device is rooted, I will locate the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post

I don't own this box. Is your device rooted? If so, there was a solution for this on a different box(S95). If you reply that your device is rooted, I will locate the tip.
                Hi, i think i just found the solution:
                You just need to delete the file
                /system/etc/allowbackgroundapp.list
                and reboot.

My device is already rooted, thanks for your willing to help. Can you confirm this is the tip ?

Now my other problem is how to update to to the latest version (Now i have the 107L). i tried from the application update&backup, but i have the error message: Secure Check Failed.

So maybe is a way to make the update through TWRP 3.02 ?

1) i have to download the file M18_108L1.img
                2) Put the file M18_108L1.img in the micro sdcard i have.
                3) Boot in TWRP 3.02 (i have it in the same micro sdcard).
                4) In the TWRP menu i select Install menu

Is my steps correct ?
                Last edited by leros2004; 09-10-2016, 22:02.

Comment

Guys - i would like to hear recomendation for this m18 box. I thought of the gt1 but heard it is still too fresh and not stable, and heard this one, the m18, is stable and reliable. What do you say? Any drawbacks? My use is modest - mainly kodi streaming, web browsing and youtube. I need good wifi, since router is in another room. How good is the wifi reception of it?

I currently use some no-brand box, which is not very reliable. Worst problem is that the screen switch to green-pink colors from time to time, like negative, only way to solve it is to switch tv to another input and back. Heard the m18 also has this issue, is that true? What is the reason? Does it have a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Benarimo View Post
                    Guys - i would like to hear recomendation for this m18 box. I thought of the gt1 but heard it is still too fresh and not stable, and heard this one, the m18, is stable and reliable. What do you say? Any drawbacks? My use is modest - mainly kodi streaming, web browsing and youtube. I need good wifi, since router is in another room. How good is the wifi reception of it?

I currently use some no-brand box, which is not very reliable. Worst problem is that the screen switch to green-pink colors from time to time, like negative, only way to solve it is to switch tv to another input and back. Heard the m18 also has this issue, is that true? What is the reason? Does it have a solution?
                    I have a few of these M18's and never heard of that issue. Sounds more like a faulty HDMI cable or port.

Comment

Originally posted by Benarimo View Post

I'm also Beelink M18 user for 4-5 months. No issues so far. Works good. Mine is connected via lan cable. Doesn't have problems with green&pink colors.

Comment

Hi again, i want to try LibreELEC, any installation guide for the beelink m18?

Comment

Originally posted by leros2004 View Post
                          Hi again, i want to try LibreELEC, any installation guide for the beelink m18?

There other builds, but there are issues. READ the instructions carefully. If you install to microsd it will do nothing to the android/nand. If that works, you can install to nand later.

Basically, download image, I use rufus to burn image to sd card. Then down load correct device tree, rename to dtb.img replace the one on the sd card, then using pin hole, to get to recovery, it will load libreelec on the sd card. Once this is done, you shouldn't have to use the pinhole method again to boot to libreelc

I have a Beelink, MiniMX III, I use the realtek device tree

Comment

Originally posted by bubblegum57 View Post

There other builds, but there are issues. READ the instructions carefully. If you install to microsd it will do nothing to the android/nand. If that works, you can install to nand later.

Basically, download image, I use rufus to burn image to sd card. Then down load correct device tree, rename to dtb.img replace the one on the sd card, then using pin hole, to get to recovery, it will load libreelec on the sd card. Once this is done, you shouldn't have to use the pinhole method again to boot to libreelc

I have a Beelink, MiniMX III, I use the realtek device tree
                            Thank you very much, it worked like charm!!

Comment

My Mini MX has the AP6330 WiFi chip, would the M18 firmware work with it? The specs of both boxes seem to be the same.

Comment

For those willing to upgrade the Beelink M18 to firmware 108L1 follow this tutorial. Worked a charm for me, and no custom ROM needed.

Honours go to CNX - Software

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/...sucks-in-2016/

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/11/...ogic-tv-boxes/

Firmware M18_108L1

Comment

Working...
                                X