Tronsmart MK908 Android 4.2.2 "Official" - Finless ROM 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demost View Post
    Hey bob great work. Could you make a 720p custom splash screen for me? I think you did it for another person on another thread, it was the google tv logo and it just read "google tv powered by finless" I wanted a crisp simple splash screen that still credits you.

Thanks in advance man
    Sure... but I am not a graphics guy! Tattman65 makes all my graphics. So cook something up and I will do it. But hit me up quick! time is limited....
    Requirements:
    1280x720 PNG format.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Custom boot screen.

Here is the image. Thanks. Do i just change the boot.img file with the one that contains this image?

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Sure... but I am not a graphics guy! Tattman65 makes all my graphics. So cook something up and I will do it. But hit me up quick! time is limited....
      Requirements:
      1280x720 PNG format.

Bob
      PM me a link to a dropbox with the full image.... I will do it right away since I do in fact have a little time tonight as I am relaxing and having a beer .

Yes I will give you a boot.img with this and no need to erase. Just flash boot.img and BAM... you got what you wanted.

Bob
      Last edited by Finless; 06-11-2013, 03:32.

Comment

I'm going to subscribe to this thread in case anyone comments on a video stutter fix.

Until then, my 908 will sit in a drawer.

I don't feel like moving the mouse constantly and the main reason I plugged a stick into my TV was for videos.

I'm sure we'll get a resolution eventually. I just wish I could contribute to the effort.

I appreciate everyone's hard work, research, and teamwork here improving everything. I'm grateful for all the time spent by you all peeling back the layers of the onion!

Comment

Custom boot.img

Hey Bob,

I sent the PM's you asked for. Do you have any time to set up that custom boot.img.

Thanks in advance

Comment

I really like this flash screen. Nice and simple but still giving credit where credit is do. I found the original screen to be a bit overstated.

Comment

Dont give me any credit someone else made it and I found it on another thread. But yeah it's nice and simple I even used the image to make a simple boot animation too.

the boot animation can be found here

Originally posted by Mr Dasher View Post
              I really like this flash screen. Nice and simple but still giving credit where credit is do. I found the original screen to be a bit overstated.

Comment

Dont give me any credit someone else made it and I found it on another thread. But yeah it's nice and simple I even used the image to make a simple boot animation too.

the boot animation can be found here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cv7dqmxzd4...tanimation.zip

Thanks - I'll give it a go.

D

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  1080P Kernel if you want it!
                  Hello all, first time poster here ! My MK908 came today and I've successfully flashed the 1.5 ROM however I just had a quick question:

I've flashed it with the 1080p kernel and boot img's however every time it boots it seems to default straight to 720p resolution. I can obviously change this manually however it'd be nice if it stayed at 1080p the whole time. Is this normal or have I possibly overlooked something in the flashing process ?

Thanks in advance for your help and congratulations on your fantastic work

Comment

Usb stick problem

Hello,
                    I'm new in this forum. I just got my MK908, flashed Finless Rom 1.5 and everything went good. Thank you Bob for a great rom, much smoother than the stock one! I noticed that after flash the MK908 won't recognize my Datatraveler usb stick anymore. Is this a common issue? Other question: Is MX player the best app to watch movies? I had a video in my micro sd-card but although the picture was very sharp I noticed some lagging with it.

Comment

I can not for the life of me get my device recognized by either flash tool. I had no issues installing the drivers and I can manually put it in flash mode, but the flashing tools never see it. I've tried a few cables and every USB port on my laptop as well. I suppose I can try tomorrow on my deskptop, but any input? Thanks.

Comment

As i recall from another thread, the config file for the flash utility has to be edited. The line said something about usb1 support or something like that.. you have to change that option from 1 to 0 or true to false... cant remember exactly but check out the config file.
                        If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Daver View Post
                          I can not for the life of me get my device recognized by either flash tool. I had no issues installing the drivers and I can manually put it in flash mode, but the flashing tools never see it. I've tried a few cables and every USB port on my laptop as well. I suppose I can try tomorrow on my deskptop, but any input? Thanks.
                          Not being an android user prior to flashing my MK908 yesterday it took me a few attempts to get it to recognise it too. Obviously I don't know what you've tried however what I wasn't initially aware of was that if you go to Settings... Storage... then click the 3 dots in the top right corner there is an option for USB computer connection. Clicking that solved it for me, I'd previously assumed that the Settings... USB... Connect to PC option was the way to go. Oops !

If that doesn't sort it for you I'll leave you in the capable hands of people much more knowledgeable than I am !!!

Hope you figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by Peck View Post
                            Hello,
                            I'm new in this forum. I just got my MK908, flashed Finless Rom 1.5 and everything went good. Thank you Bob for a great rom, much smoother than the stock one! I noticed that after flash the MK908 won't recognize my Datatraveler usb stick anymore. Is this a common issue? Other question: Is MX player the best app to watch movies? I had a video in my micro sd-card but although the picture was very sharp I noticed some lagging with it.
                            Flashed mine to 1.5 ROM yesterday and have had no problems with my generic USB dongle. MX Player does seem the best media player so far from the ones I've tried. It's the only one at least that I could play 1080p files on (again from the USB dongle), however it did need to play using the H/W decoder otherwise it was slow and unwatchable. Are you using an adequate power source ? The adapter that came with mine is 2A (2000mA).

Comment

Multi-user support needed

Originally posted by DigiDAD View Post
                              Does this ROM support the Android 4.2 multi-user login feature?
                              I also hoped that the ROM would support multi-user for my family so that everyone can have their own mail etc. The trick written here (http://www.pocketables.com/2013/03/h...-2-2-roms.html) can be run with a terminal app since you are root. But it only works until the device is powered down, so that is not very useful. I assume the ROM has to be modified for this? Hopefully finless or someone else can take up that challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by metsudo View Post
                                Flashed mine to 1.5 ROM yesterday and have had no problems with my generic USB dongle. MX Player does seem the best media player so far from the ones I've tried. It's the only one at least that I could play 1080p files on (again from the USB dongle), however it did need to play using the H/W decoder otherwise it was slow and unwatchable. Are you using an adequate power source ? The adapter that came with mine is 2A (2000mA).
                                My videofile was 720p. I think I used H/W+ decoding and I used also 2A power source which came with the package.

Anyway is it possible that that my Datatraveler USB dongle isn't compatible with Finless 1.5 rom? Maybe I try to flash it once more. I tried to change storage settings as well, should it be in mass storage mode? I think I tried all the options.

Comment

Working...
                                X