T428 Study and Research on Experimental Firmwares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started this new thread to experiment with you and work together to find firmware as close as possible to the Android Open Source Project.

Many parts are closed-source, but looking at the firmware of the tablets with the same cpu rk3188, I think we might be able to put good foundation also for a future cyanogenmod.

I want a Rom with real Android experience without any chinese patch or modification to the standard Android source code.

You are allowed to take my work, improve it and to share it also with other name.

Experimental Android Stuff:

<DELETED>

Experimental Linux Stuff:

<DELETED>

Android Rom for Daily Usage:

<DELETED>

work in progress.....
    Last edited by Molle; 01-31-2014, 10:12. Reason: Administrative action

When i port a rom from the Cube U30GT2 i proceed in this mode for now:

Kernel and module of the last stock rom of T428

lib/hw/hwcomposer.rk30board.so of the T428

all other parts of the original cube rom

the original hwcomposer.rk30board.so of the cube U30GT2, for now have some problems with many video players.

Comment

When I get home I will pull your 3 links and provide direct download to them from our freaktab server.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        When I get home I will pull your 3 links and provide direct download to them from our freaktab server.

Bob
        thanks

Comment

What tools are using to open the img files. I have tried putting this together in both windows and linux and I can it to boot, but my UI is not smooth like yours. Heres what im doing in a nutshell

1) Using wendal tool I extract the update img and pull the system.img
          2) Copy it over to a usb flash drive and put it on my ubuntu machine and then mount it
          3) Once mounted I change ownership of the folder that I mounted the img to and the files that I want to replace, then I delete them and replace them with new files I want to use
          4) Once replaced I change owner and permissions back to what they were for the stock files and unmount the image
          5) After unmounting I copy back over to usb drive and in your cube rom from 5/26 replace the boot.img with the one from 6/1 rom and replace the system.img with the one I just edited in ubuntu and then I flash
          6) Everything works and boots but UI is laggy and not smooth like in yours

Last edited by alwaysbless; 06-05-2013, 20:57.

Comment

Nice topic ! Good thing that you all agreed to settle things. I personally prefer vanilla ROMs but I will still install both Stauzo & Finless roms just because I like testing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
              What tools are using to open the img files. I have tried putting this together in both windows and linux and I can it to boot, but my UI is not smooth like yours. Heres what im doing in a nutshell

1) Using wendal tool I extract the update img and pull the system.img
              2) Copy it over to a usb flash drive and put it on my ubuntu machine and then mount it
              3) Once mounted I change ownership of the folder that I mounted the img to and the files that I want to replace, then I delete them and replace them with new files I want to use
              4) Once replaced I change owner and permissions back to what they were for the stock files and unmount the image
              5) After unmounting I copy back over to usb drive and in your cube rom from 5/26 replace the boot.img with the one from 6/1 rom and replace the system.img with the one I just edited in ubuntu and then I flash
              6) Everything works and boots but UI is laggy and not smooth like in yours

you can use windows or linux to modify the system image.

if you use linux get the super user permissions and do all with this permissions.

mount -o loop the two system.img and swap files

if you use windows you can use OSFMount

when you get a cube rom, you must use all from this cube rom, you must change only:

kernel.img from T428

copy the folder /lib/modules from T428 system.img to cube system.img
              copy the file lib/hw/hwcomposer.rk30board.so from T428 system.img to cube system.img

after modify the system.img of the cube you must flash

RK3188Loader(L)_V1.20.bin of T428
              parameter of cube
              kernel.img of T428
              your new system.img
              boot.img of cube
              recovery.img of cube
              misc.img of cube

this is the base modification, but for fast changes in future, we can use also CWM recovery to change files when the rom don't boot up. Instead of reflash all, we can change with cwm only one or two files or do other chenges.

how to provide power to your T428 ? with the external power supply or with the usb of your TV ?

when you want make a complete test, i suggest you to use also the external power supply that come with the T428. 2000 mA
              Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2013, 22:51.

Comment

Yea, idk whats going on with I just cant get it to build without lag, I always plug it in with a power adapter ive tried different once from my nexus 4, nexus 7, mk808 etc. I took the system img from the pipo rom thought and did the same with that and it boots much better and much more fluid and stable. I cant get wifi working though.
                Last edited by alwaysbless; 06-05-2013, 23:00.

Comment

In the next days, i will post all as CWM recovery flashable zip, in this mode we can change stuff inside in very simple way.

All the system.img as one flashable zip. In this zip file you can made all the necessary tests with other files.

If you post the pipo rom port for cube, i'm happy.

I can see if i can add also the wifi.

For have the wifi working, you can get all the folder /etc/firmware from the T428. But you must test

What pipo rom you are testing ? 4.2.2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by strauzo View Post
                    In the next days, i will post all as CWM recovery flashable zip, in this mode we can change stuff inside in very simple way.

All the system.img as one flashable zip. In this zip file you can made all the necessary tests with other files.

If you post the pipo rom port for cube, i'm happy.

I can see if i can add also the wifi.

For have the wifi working, you can get all the folder /etc/firmware from the T428. But you must test
                    I think wifi is a permissions thing, my modiules folder has every module set rw-------- Nope that wasn't it, Bluetooth isn't working either.

Comment

Download links

Here are the links Stauzo posted but hosted on Freaktab.

<DELETED>

Bob
                      Last edited by Molle; 01-31-2014, 10:13. Reason: Administrative action
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I will upload now so u guys can take a look if possible. I tried to boot this on my 720p tv and it was telling me mode not supported but it works perfectly on my 1080 monitor.. and I am using the kernel from the latest t428 rom I do not understand

This rom has the most bloatware I have ever seen also the system app folder is crazy. I tried removing some stuff I didnt think I would needed and it started crashing system ui and launcher but a reboot fixed. I also tried rkwifi from the cx919 alpha and that didnt work either. So hopefully you guys can get that and bluetooth going because I dont think its using rk903
                        Last edited by alwaysbless; 06-06-2013, 03:09.

Comment

4.2.2 Pipo M9 rom from 5/27

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bqzzljevh...img?n=270904984
                          Download link #2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bqzzljevhuaf4v/p9-franky.img

Needs fixing: wifi/bluetooth - I tried replacing the etc/firmware folder with the one I pulled from t428 rom but no luck. If u guys wanna screw with it I used the 5/21 rom for the baseti
                          Last edited by alwaysbless; 06-06-2013, 06:11.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
                            4.2.2 Pipo M9 rom from 5/27

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bqzzljevh...img?n=270904984
                            Download link #2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bqzzljevhuaf4v/p9-franky.img

Needs fixing: wifi/bluetooth - I tried replacing the etc/firmware folder with the one I pulled from t428 rom but no luck. If u guys wanna screw with it I used the 5/21 rom for the baseti
                            In this moment i don'yt have the device in my hands.

But if someone want test, you can change also the etc/wifi folder

and /bin/wpa_supplicant

and if you have bluetooth problems you can also try with:

lib/hw/bluetooth.default.so and lib/libbluedroid.so from the T428 to this rom to see if the wifi start.
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-06-2013, 13:12.

Comment

For the mainteiner of the kernel source 3.0.36, if you want add a specific wifi configuration of the T428 (AP6330), you can see the file kernel.patch inside this tgz

UPDATE:
                              The source code is out now. look at the following post.
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-06-2013, 11:19.

Comment

Working...
                              X