No announcement yet.

MiniMX S905 - Ubuntu 16.04 64bits (with kodi and X) on sdcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You start the system from USB stick or SD card ? What the media estimated parameters for read and write ?

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
      You have a computer with Linux ?Connect the card to the computer. Using gparted, reduce the last partition. On the resulting empty space, create a swap partition on the card. Add to fstab on the map a line to mount the swap.

Ok i've added a swap partition. It seems to work. So far i didnt see the problem. I will keep you inform if the problem is coming again.
      I wait for the graphic acceleration support. This is what you call the X11 drivers right?

Comment

Originally posted by int0x13 View Post

Ok i've added a swap partition. It seems to work. So far i didnt see the problem. I will keep you inform if the problem is coming again.
        I wait for the graphic acceleration support. This is what you call the X11 drivers right?
        Odroid fixed Mali X11 GPU HWA

Code:
         [B]Kernel Updates[/B][LIST][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]Mali GPU driver r6p1 Update[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]KVM Support (enabled via boot.ini) (Thanks to crashoverride)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]new CEC driver (Thanks to gdachs and Raybuntu)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]Linaro's patchs up to 3.14.65 with GDB issue fix (Thanks to mlinuxguy and crashoverride)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]fixed verbose UART driver[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]better thermal control when GPU is active[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]new IR Remote driver using LIRC[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]Several PWM driver issue fixes[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]Several I2C driver issue fixes[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]GPIO IRQ via sysfs[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]RTC Shield support[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]Realtek 8812/8821 support[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]ZRAM support[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]Two USB webcam issue fixes.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LIST]
          [B]Userspace Update[/B][LIST][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]X11 EGL acceleration[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]Disabled composting on Mate[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]64-Bit Chromium with EGL Enabled[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]Kodi 16.2[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]CEC Support[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]apt-fast installed[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][*][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#333333]Ubuntu updated to 16.04 final release[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LIST]
        http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?...ease_note_v1.2

Comment

I'm probably not alone, but I'm real interested in seeing that new Odroid release of Ubuntu 16.04 ported over the Beelink MiniMX. Who is going to do that and when will it happen?

I'm really looking forward to being able to buy a box for under $40 (USD), shipped, which includes an S905, 2GB/16GB, gigabit ethernet, AND a case AND a power supply, and that will run Ubuntu (and hopefully also Kodi) reasonably well.

It will certainly compare very favorably to the RPi3, which is slower, has half the memory, and which, with case & power supply, costs about 50% more...

... and it doesn't even have gigabit networking!

Comment

Sorry. I made a mistake, it seems. The 2GB version of this box actually costs more like $52 USD on gearbest. It''s only the 1GB version that is retailing for less than $40 USD.

Comment

Originally posted by denemex View Post
              Thanks Koxx for your reply.İ could not boot the device.What is the magic of boot the device? aml_autoscript boot.ini?
              Hi denemex, any succes yet? If so, please let me know, I 'm also searching for a cheap box to use in combination with two usb dvb-s2 tuners, I would like to use it as tv-headend server and stream to my raspberry with OpenElec on it, any advice is welcome! Have a nice WE!

Comment

Originally posted by Jefken3 View Post
                Hi denemex, any succes yet? If so, please let me know, I 'm also searching for a cheap box to use in combination with two usb dvb-s2 tuners, I would like to use it as tv-headend server and stream to my raspberry with OpenElec on it, any advice is welcome! Have a nice WE!
                Dear friend i was forgot update u-boot code.First you must update u-boot commands then use any image its very easy

Step 1.) Modifying u-boot to enable SD Card and/or Flash Drive booting.

NOTE: No change to the installed Android will take place, only u-boot will be amended.

1a.) Download aml_autoscript and update_uboot.zip from here and copy both to the root of an SD Card. NOTE: This is balbes150's updated script, aml_autoscript (v0.2) and method. For details, see here.

1b.) With no SD card inserted in the S95, power on the S95. When Android boots, insert the SD Card to the S95. Open the Backup&Update app. Under the "Local Update" section, click "Select". It will examine the SD Card and you should see the file, "'aml_autoscript.zip", select it. This will return you to the Update&Backup app's home screen. In the "Local Update" section, click "Update", to run the update.
                When complete, the S95 will reboot to Android. Remove the SD Card from the S95 and power it down. That is all we need with that SD Card, you can use it in the next step, the tool will wipe it when writing the image in the following step.

Comment

Originally posted by denemex View Post
                  Dear friend i was forgot update u-boot code.First you must update u-boot commands then use any image its very easy

Step 1.) Modifying u-boot to enable SD Card and/or Flash Drive booting.

NOTE: No change to the installed Android will take place, only u-boot will be amended.

1a.) Download aml_autoscript and update_uboot.zip from here and copy both to the root of an SD Card. NOTE: This is balbes150's updated script, aml_autoscript (v0.2) and method. For details, see here.

1b.) With no SD card inserted in the S95, power on the S95. When Android boots, insert the SD Card to the S95. Open the Backup&Update app. Under the "Local Update" section, click "Select". It will examine the SD Card and you should see the file, "'aml_autoscript.zip", select it. This will return you to the Update&Backup app's home screen. In the "Local Update" section, click "Update", to run the update.
                  When complete, the S95 will reboot to Android. Remove the SD Card from the S95 and power it down. That is all we need with that SD Card, you can use it in the next step, the tool will wipe it when writing the image in the following step.
                  Thanks for your reply, should this also work with Q-box amlogic s905?

Comment

Originally posted by Jefken3 View Post

Thanks for your reply, should this also work with Q-box amlogic s905?
                    Probably it should work.After update u boot then you could use and odroid c2 image

Comment

Use caution with images from Odroid C2, which had not received special training. It's easy to turn into a brick. The device will not boot. Rebuild is not difficult, but you need to know the features of recovery.

Comment

@Koxx, did you built it from buildroot or plain kernel? Which version of amlogic sources you used 2015-12-25 or 2016-05-04?
                        Could you please attach your .config file either for buildroot or just a kernel?

Comment

plain kernel.
                          I don't remember the exact kernel, but considering the date of my built (04-23-2016) and the fact that I used the git source, If the latest sources are from may, my kernel is not the latest.
                          For the .config, I'll see when I'll have time :/

Comment

Hey guys, will this work on my Beelink mini MXiii just received that recently?

Comment

Hi all,
                              I recently bought this "Beelink MiniMXIII TV Box 1000M LAN" with 2/16GB and arrive with firmware 107L... I try to use the ubuntu image you uploaded without any success. The box shows only the "b" logo without any info about loading the unix image. I missed something or the image is only compatible with 105L firmware?
                              Last edited by windino; 06-03-2016, 15:51.

Comment

Working...
                              X